Hardware Korean Wii System Menu

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive bought a wii that does not have homebrew on it BUT is bricked. Its a Korean version wii. Ive got a savemii, I just need a korean system menu boot files. Anyone know where I can find them??

d69596eb.jpg

OR can I change the region??? OR is there another way I can get my wii to boot up properly??? Thanks in advance guys (yet again)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a full brick. If it has an old boot1 with the signing bug you can program bootmii into the nand with an infectus. from there you could save it. but otherwise without nand backup/keys there is not much of anything that can be done.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, its not necessarily a full brick. that is caused by a the AREA field in your setting.txt not matching the system menu resource file. the recovery menu still works. and as long as the GAME field in the setting.txt matches up with a region that the system menu executable recognizes, you will be able to autoboot games.

for example, there are people who have installed system menu 3.2u onto a wii that has the GAME field set to KOR. 3.2u only handles 3 regions (USA, JAP, PAL). since it doesnt know what byte to match to the KOR setting, it sees everything as an invalid disc and will refuse to boot it.

and once you can autoboot a game, you can use smashstack to fix it. the procedure you will use to get homebrew booting is identical to how you would on a 003 wii. once you have homebrew running, you need to make your setting.txt and your system menu match. then your wii is fixed. and your wii most definitely has/had homebrew running on it. this problem does not just happen by itself. and it doesnt happen using any officially licensed software. anything that is capable of doing this to a wii is considered homebrew.

it really doesnt help you fix it, but maybe you care to see more about the cause of this.

this is a look inside the resource file for a korean system menu
sysmenuappkor.png

and this is a look inside the USA version.
sysmenuappusa.png

inside the iplsetting.ash there is a folder structure. and the system menu builds a path using the string it finds in the setting.txt AREA setting. then it tries to load that html file. if the resource file doesnt have the expected path, you are presented with that error screen you have.

here is code ive been using to compare a setting.txt AREA setting against a given system menu.
CODE
if( area == "AUS" || area == "EUR" ) //supported by 4.3e
sysMenuPath = "html/EU2/iplsetting.ash/EU/EU/ENG/index01.html";
else if( area == "USA" || area == "BRA" || area == "HKG" || area == "ASI" || area == "LTN" || area == "SAF" ) //supported by 4.3u
sysMenuPath = "html/US2/iplsetting.ash/FIX/US/ENG/index01.html";
else if( area == "JPN" || area == "TWN" || area == "ROC" ) //supported by 4.3j
sysMenuPath = "html/JP2/iplsetting.ash/JP/JP/JPN/index01.html";
else if( area == "KOR" ) //supported by 4.3k
sysMenuPath = "html/KR2/iplsetting.ash/KR/KR/KOR/index01.html";
else
qDebug()

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out