New to Wii Help!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I bought this wii 2,3years ago, this wii is jpn version & on firmware 4.1J, I wanted to ask is there a quick guide of how to change it's region to US or EUR? (I see homebrew channel on the main menu of wii)

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this wii 2,3years ago, this wii is jpn version & on firmware 4.1J, I wanted to ask is there a quick guide of how to change it's region to US or EUR? (I see homebrew channel on the main menu of wii)
Do update your system first to 4.3J using Multi-Mod Manager or by downloading the WADs from NUS Downloader, then update the rest here: https://wii.guide. Changing the region can brick your system if you're not careful, so always make a backup of your Wii first using BootMii.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Do update your system first to 4.3J using Multi-Mod Manager or by downloading the WADs from NUS Downloader, then update the rest here: https://wii.guide. Changing the region can brick your system if you're not careful, so always make a backup of your Wii first using BootMii.
So how do I start & how do I get this multi mod manager on it? Also this console is in jpns it's hard to figure out things, can you link me up with a short tutorial?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how do I start & how do I get this multi mod manager on it? Also this console is in jpns it's hard to figure out things, can you link me up with a short tutorial?
  • Download "Multi-Mod Manager": https://gbatemp.net/download/multi-mod-manager.13015/
  • Drag-and-drop the "MMM" directory to the "apps" folder located on the root of your SD card.
  • Launch the HBC then select "Multi-Mod Manager".
  • Navigate to 'Manage System Menu', then select the latest System Menu to install (ensure that its your OWN console's region).

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
  • Download "Multi-Mod Manager": https://gbatemp.net/download/multi-mod-manager.13015/
  • Drag-and-drop the "MMM" directory to the "apps" folder located on the root of your SD card.
  • Launch the HBC then select "Multi-Mod Manager".
  • Navigate to 'Manage System Menu', then select the latest System Menu to install (ensure that its your OWN console's region).
Quick question, the wii didn't had any SD on it, should I just create a new app folder in new SD & move file init?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, the wii didn't had any SD on it, should I just create a new app folder in new SD & move file init?
Yes. Format the SD card using SD Card Formatter or GUIFormat to FAT32 32kb, then create a new folder called "apps" and drag-and-drop the MMM folder in there.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Yes. Format the SD card using SD Card Formatter or GUIFormat to FAT32 32kb, then create a new folder called "apps" and drag-and-drop the MMM folder in there.
Ok I see the multi mod in HB, now how do I update? also do I need to connect wifi & fix the date?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Inside the mmm on the system menu, when I try to update, it says install ios80 first
Continue to follow the instructions. When asked to install IOS80, proceed with the install of IOS.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I updated the console to 4.3 but the homebrew is gone, How do I fix this?
Run "NUS Downloader" then select 'Database' > 'IOS' > 'IOS80' > 'Latest'. Check the 'Pack WAD' option and download. There should be a new folder where your WADs are located.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did the update but the homebrew is gone from main menu, How do I fix this?
Was the "apps" folder on the SD card, or has it corrupted? You need to reformat the card, then copy the files again if it has. Check the card using h2testw to see if the capacity returns successfully.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Was the "apps" folder on the SD card, or has it corrupted? You need to reformat the card, then copy the files again if it has. Check the card using h2testw to see if the capacity returns successfully.
The thing is homebrew was there without an sd, it was already init when I got it, but there was no sd inside the console, maybe I need to do homebrew process again?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is homebrew was there without an sd, it was already init when I got it, but there was no sd inside the console, maybe I need to do homebrew process again?
What do you mean by this? Was the homebrew stored on another device, such as an USB, and that the SD card didn't override it?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
What do you mean by this? Was the homebrew stored on another device, such as an USB, and that the SD card didn't override it?
There was no other device & no sd, homebrew was there without any other storage, I did the homebrew installation, now it's on the main menu again

Reactions: Chr0x

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was no other device & no sd, homebrew was there without any other storage, I did the homebrew installation, now it's on the main menu again
Homebrew was there as on the SD or the channel? If its on the HBC menu, then it should be alright.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?