Korean Wii System Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by TudorBlue, Apr 23, 2011.

Apr 23, 2011

Korean Wii System Menu by TudorBlue at 4:07 PM (1,247 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. TudorBlue
    OP

Member TudorBlue GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Ive bought a wii that does not have homebrew on it BUT is bricked. Its a Korean version wii. Ive got a savemii, I just need a korean system menu boot files. Anyone know where I can find them??

[​IMG]

OR can I change the region??? OR is there another way I can get my wii to boot up properly??? Thanks in advance guys (yet again)

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's a full brick. If it has an old boot1 with the signing bug you can program bootmii into the nand with an infectus. from there you could save it. but otherwise without nand backup/keys there is not much of anything that can be done.

3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    no, its not necessarily a full brick. that is caused by a the AREA field in your setting.txt not matching the system menu resource file. the recovery menu still works. and as long as the GAME field in the setting.txt matches up with a region that the system menu executable recognizes, you will be able to autoboot games.

for example, there are people who have installed system menu 3.2u onto a wii that has the GAME field set to KOR. 3.2u only handles 3 regions (USA, JAP, PAL). since it doesnt know what byte to match to the KOR setting, it sees everything as an invalid disc and will refuse to boot it.

and once you can autoboot a game, you can use smashstack to fix it. the procedure you will use to get homebrew booting is identical to how you would on a 003 wii. once you have homebrew running, you need to make your setting.txt and your system menu match. then your wii is fixed. and your wii most definitely has/had homebrew running on it. this problem does not just happen by itself. and it doesnt happen using any officially licensed software. anything that is capable of doing this to a wii is considered homebrew.

Warning: Spoilers inside!