Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
know-your-game-png.98377

This new session starts with @Joe88, who asked for a pretty popular game, Team Fortress 2! How good is it? Only now we will know!

header.jpg

RULES and info:
These are done in the same fashion as KYT. The public asks the questions, the questioned answers.
You may ask questions about the game, the persons experiences with the game, and generally topics relating to said game.
Interviews last 3 days.
NO HENTAI games.
NO QUICK TEMPLATES (I see any and you're kicked).
And lastly NO HATERS.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups-now-open-for-business.448911/

and without further ado, ask away. :grog:

Last edited by VinsCool,
Reactions: EthanAddict

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many times were you killed as a spy?
Too many to count early on, not that much now
I don't run the dead ringer but the cloak and dagger so you will get punished for your mistakes, just don't be seen and you will fine :bortz2:

Can you gimme free hatz?
What the gibus, pyrovision, and party hat isnt enough for you? :toot:

Is spy really that overrated?
I wouldn't call it overrated but it attracts alot of new players, same goes for sniper and scout
as too why they would want to play their first time as the most skill heavy classes in the game to be any type of effective, I don't know
But at the very least they are nice fodder for pyros

Reactions: EthanAddict

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there!

What makes the game fun to play?
Would you recommend it for new players?
Why does it get compared to Overwatch so much? (Please note that I have never tried any of them)
What was your best moment?
Funniest match?
Hardest but still won match?
Glitches or bugs you never expected?
Do you think I could like this game, considering that I am not a very big fan of shooters?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes the game fun to play?
The randomness, competitive, and team coop
And hats, can't forget about the hats

Would you recommend it for new players?
It's f2p so new players can always jump in, but I recommend going through training mode first to get a feel for the game unless you want to be kicked from comp modes

Why does it get compared to Overwatch so much? (Please note that I have never tried any of them)
They are both teams based shooters with players who all have different skill sets
Both have esport communities, cosmetics, crates
It was only natural they would be compared

What was your best moment?
27 ks as a solly
WHoNtx0.jpg

Funniest match?
"Hoovy" raided server, basically a bunch of friendly heavies throwing sandviches and hitting each other with the holiday punch, or general "team stacking" matches (not that kind of team stacking...)
Ac2Oxi0.jpg

Hardest but still won match?
Typically games that run into overtime with only seconds left to win it and somehow getting the objective won with something like a spy cap (spy decloaks on cart/point and captures it before anyone realizes what happened)

Glitches or bugs you never expected?
The payload cart flipping, mainly happens in the "hoovy" servers

Do you think I could like this game, considering that I am not a very big fan of shooters?
It is an FPS first an foremost, you could always play a support role if you don't do well with aiming and such like play medic or engineer

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What's the deal with those hats?

Is there a single player campaign variant in there somewhere (a mod or similar)?

How many hours do you have clocked?

Are there specific movement tricks involved? (sort of like slope dodging in UT or strafe jumping in quake)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the deal with those hats?
They can give your character a brand new look, you can theme the cosmetics together and make something nice
There is also unusual hats which with have an effect, such as lightning, falling confetti, and tons of others, they are typically really expensive though and I don't care much for them
see below for some examples (you can see I like holiday stuff)
bRAsc0b.jpg

ldiS5bv.jpg

5wpqkXw.jpg

Ec94Q6u.jpg

Is there a single player campaign variant in there somewhere (a mod or similar)?
Unfortunately no, there have been a few mods but they are typically poorly made and just not worth it at all.

How many hours do you have clocked?
MeYFZfa.png

Are there specific movement tricks involved? (sort of like slope dodging in UT or strafe jumping in quake)
Learn to crotch/rocket/sticky/sentry/flare jump, these will allow you to reach new areas and reduce damage in solider on solider combat

Can you gimme at least some weapons?
C'mon, im not running a charity here, you will get weapon drops pretty frequently just by playing, I think its like 6-8 weapons per week?
I worked myself up, got some rare drops and uptraded for nicer stuff, you could always take the shortcut and just by stuff directly from the marketplace

How can a Quake 1 player get good at the game(I still suck)
Equip the Original
250px-Original.png
and learn to rocket jump, the rockets will fire from the middle of the screen just like quake rather then right offset of the stock weapon

Any general advice?
Predicting player movements and actions is a big part of the game, if they can hear stuff like decloaks or just ignore it and footsteps.
Also pay attentions to your surroundings, see a player that shouldn't be in that area? then they are probably a spy, make sure to spy check everyone throughout most of the game unless you see them fire their weapon or can pass through your own engineer buildings or teammates.

why is it better than other FPS?
I started playing it technically when it launched on the xbox in the orange box, unfortunately it was abandoned soon after so I stopped playing it, fast forward to 2011 and the game went f2p on pc so I started playing it, and I feel bad for not getting it earlier on pc. Its a game that never really takes its self seriously, thats why they went for the more cartoony look rather then the look of TF1, CSGO is more for serious stuff. Though some people would like the value to take the gamer seriously, thats why we have a comp mode now. Everybody is just waiting for the pyro update now (for over a year...).

D

Deleted User

Do you agree that Spy has broken hitboxes?
Is Scout a difficult class aim-wise?
What's your opinion on pub ruiners aka. cheats?
If you can snipe in 0,5s with Sniper, is that called pure skill or just hacks?
Heavy's crit gloves should be banned from medieval, yes or no and why?
What's your favorite map?
The most hated map in whole history of TF2?
Do you agree to the dumb rule called "No capping on hightower"?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your participation!

We'll soon begin a new session of Know Your Game :)
It's a bit late man.

The thread will inevitably be locked before answers are given :(

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in b4 lock
Yes, particularly the backstab detection, also the disguised the hitboxes
If they ever move to source 2 maybe they will fix it one day...

Yes, it has one of the most highest skill celings, good scouts are few and far inbetween, they can easily avoid heavies high dps, soldiers who can't hit them and such

Cheating is a big problem in TF2 (like most games that dont have a paywall) but they are mostly in matchmaking these days, they dont really go in pubs anymore so at least those are safe

There are a few snipers that can do this, however most I see its just aim bots or trigger bots, ive also encountered a few silent aim bots. It could just be lag compensation, check the ping next time it happens

Yes, I've seen how op they are first hand, it makes the eyelander look like a joke in compassion

pl_upward (its got a fairly good design, its also the most popular pl map in the game going by player count)

ctf_2fort (the games literally go on forever, 0 time limit and people just sit in their bases and do nothing, and the tons of snipers...)

If you join a "fun" pub server then obviously you are meant to have fun and not do the objective, but going to matchmaking games and actually doing the objective I see no problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)