Kid Icarus Uprising translation help

kot_avi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Greetings.
A couple of years ago I was doing a translation of kid icarus upring, but decided to take a break.
Not too long ago I tried to test it on a console and ran into some technical problems.

1. The game doesn't work on a real console (it just crashes)
  2. After replacing the texts, the game started glitching. Enemy textures and effects bugging out literally everywhere (during gameplay, in scenes, etc.
  3. Boss names textures are gliching after replacement (other ui stuff work pretty well).
I used kuriimu 2, tried the first kuriimu, but no use. The game still doesn't work on a console and glitch on the emulator.
I would be glad if someone could point out any mistakes I may have made during the packing/unpacking stuff.
(Текст не готов, в нём куча ошибок, в будущем буду править, как и текстуры)

Attachments

• B3y27kOEJnY.png
    B3y27kOEJnY.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 14
  • h1_W9VU7NFU.png
    h1_W9VU7NFU.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 11
  • p1mNk8EJ1U0.png
    p1mNk8EJ1U0.png
    899.3 KB · Views: 10

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would be glad if someone could point out any mistakes I may have made during the packing/unpacking stuff.
How can you expect anyone to point something out if you don't say more about what you did..?

Standard procedure in cases like this is to start by making a small change, making sure the small change doesn't affect anything, and then carefully making progressively larger and larger changes until you can pinpoint what is causing the problem.

kot_avi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How can you expect anyone to point something out if you don't say more about what you did..?
I extracted .zrc files from the "stage" folder, decompressed them, extracted the message .bin (msbt) file, translated the texts, packed everything back with the same compression.

Standard procedure in cases like this is to start by making a small change, making sure the small change doesn't affect anything, and then carefully making progressively larger and larger changes until you can pinpoint what is causing the problem.
I experimented a bit and found that if the .zrc file weighs more or less than the original one, the textures start to glitch (because they all are in there).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I extracted .zrc files from the "stage" folder, decompressed them, extracted the message .bin (msbt) file, translated the texts, packed everything back with the same compression.
And did you do all that with kuriimu , or what? Details are necessary in cases like this.

I experimented a bit and found that if the .zrc file weighs more or less than the original one, the textures start to glitch (because they all are in there).
So you're saying that everything is fine if the .zrc file is exactly the same size? That's not really unexpected. It suggests that the precise size of the .zrc file is hardcoded somewhere else in the data.

What if you make a smaller .zrc file and pad out the end with zeroes to make it the same size as the original?

kot_avi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
And did you do all that with kuriimu , or what? Details are necessary in cases like this.
Yes, I used only kuriimu 2 (and msbt editor).

So you're saying that everything is fine if the .zrc file is exactly the same size? That's not really unexpected. It suggests that the precise size of the .zrc file is hardcoded somewhere else in the data.

What if you make a smaller .zrc file and pad out the end with zeroes to make it the same size as the original?
I guess so.
.zrc files have smaller size after my translation (i have no idea why).
So, I think zero padding could work.
Post automatically merged:

I checked. The size of the archive does not matter. I compressed the unmodified file, it has smaller size than the original, and still works in the game without any bugs.
Now I have no idea where the problem could be.

Last edited by kot_avi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...