Kid Icarus stand included in US version as well

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
What a load of shit. Basically admitting the game design is flawed so cannot be played 'normally'. Can understand why, those stylus control schemes are difficult at the best of times, and simply won't work with the narrow 3d field.
All are posts in this thread are really annoying you know?
Have you tried the game before?
I'm left handed and I tried the game back when they were doing those 3DS testing stands, the controls were pretty amazing and well done, YOU might not like those controls, but they are good controls, seeing as I could play it just fine and I'm a lefty.
The 3D in the games was pretty decent, and I'm sure they improved it seeing as it was still in development back then, if YOU don't like the game, there's no need to go around saying that Nintendo is trying to fix a flaw in the game when the game hasn't even been released it. That stand seems pretty interesting to me, when using a 3DS at home, that thing will definitely be really useful for playing most games in a comfortable way.

Fair enough, I'm not convinced though I'm afraid. Been looking forward to this game, but my heart sank when I saw it came with this free. Thinking about it, play this 'freehand' with stylus controls there's surely going be some difficulty holding still and maintaining 3d comfortably and for extended periods. Why else a stand? They must recognise this is an issue else why give stuff away. Also remember you played it on a stand, so I'd expect it to work well.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic. I suppose some people thought 'great' when they found out they got a freebie. My reaction was very much 'oh no what have they done'.
It was a stand, but the console was only being held by it, it had a cord that allowed you to play with it in your hands normally, so I didn't play the game while the console was being held, it was in my hands while I played it, also, not always a game coming with an extra means that the game is bad, it's a pretty common thing that Nintendo has always done.

And that's cool, the game probably is great and I'm wrong, it just seems to be a PR blunder to me. Nintendo's biggest problem with 3DS is public perception i.e. not just a DS, 3D being bad for you etc, so now Joe public who may be considering a 3DS is more confused than ever - thinking 'so whats this 2nd joystick add on thing' , and 'now I need a stand?!?'

I mean, it doesn't look great! People are laughing at this which is just the reaction Nintendo don't need.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And that's cool, the game probably is great and I'm wrong, it just seems to be a PR blunder to me. Nintendo's biggest problem with 3DS is public perception i.e. not just a DS, 3D being bad for you etc, so now Joe public who may be considering a 3DS is more confused than ever - thinking 'so whats this 2nd joystick add on thing' , and 'now I need a stand?!?'

I mean, it doesn't look great! People are laughing at this which is just the reaction Nintendo don't need.

And despiste all those comments and critics, the 3DS is still selling like hot cakes. Nintendo isn't new in the gaming market, they know what to do in order to please the major masses, there is a second analog stick, which is optional, you don't need it to play the games that support it, same goes for the stand, it's optional and useful for when you're at home. =S

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And despiste all those comments and critics, the 3DS is still selling like hot cakes. Nintendo isn't new in the gaming market, they know what to do in order to please the major masses, there is a second analog stick, which is optional, you don't need it to play the games that support it, same goes for the stand, it's optional and useful for when you're at home. =S
Exactly!
I think Nintendo are a little more experienced in marketing and know how to sell their stuff than some random forum kid's (^_^)

Reactions: 1 person

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they should've just assigned camera controls to the Circle Pad Pro...that way, there aren't Two extra peripherals for the system.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
What a load of shit. Basically admitting the game design is flawed so cannot be played 'normally'. Can understand why, those stylus control schemes are difficult at the best of times, and simply won't work with the narrow 3d field.
control style is similar to MPH. how is that flawed? this was made so that the stand takes the brunt of the weight of the unit and the pressure applied.

Well the plastic the holds your 3DS looks very short and might end up making your 3DS fall.
So it doesn't really look kinda good now to actually use it.

the only way your 3DS will fall is if you're moving around a lot. so it will probably be your fault if that happened.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh... a stand for watching videos would be fine... it'd just be weird for playing a game though. That'd be like putting your Xbox controller on a stand and then playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'll only check out threads that either have misinformation or no posts.