Hacking Just upgraded my new batch DSTWO into a DSTWO+

dandymanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nice to know that this tip helped many people out there. As a word of caution, Gateway should be getting their hands on the DSTWO+ soon. Who knows what effort they will put in place to block the DSTWO+ in their next release. Might be brick codes? Better to be safe and don't update immediately once they release 3.4.2 / 3.5. Wait a while for some news from the Supercard team before you proceed.

Reactions: Margen67

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to know that this tip helped many people out there. As a word of caution, Gateway should be getting their hands on the DSTWO+ soon. Who knows what effort they will put in place to block the DSTWO+ in their next release. Might be brick codes? Better to be safe and don't update immediately once they release 3.4.2 / 3.5. Wait a while for some news from the Supercard team before you proceed.
Highly doubt GW will do anything like brick a console again (not after the backlash they got last time).

That said, there is no telling what changes GW will make to their code with each release, so the advice is still good. Don't update your launcher.dat file just because GW released a new one. Only do so after Supercard gives the ok and says their hardware will work with it.

Yes you will likely be waiting a week or two after an update from GW to be able to use the new features, but that is the price you must pay when you use a clone.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Highly doubt GW will do anything like brick a console again (not after the backlash they got last time).

That said, there is no telling what changes GW will make to their code with each release, so the advice is still good. Don't update your launcher.dat file just because GW released a new one. Only do so after Supercard gives the ok and says their hardware will work with it.

Yes you will likely be waiting a week or two after an update from GW to be able to use the new features, but that is the price you must pay when you use a clone.
All good points, also if you want to be really careful, wait until people with hardmods have tested it and reported all is fine here on this forum. Supercard could make a mistake or test too carelessly/quickly because it is in their interest for it to be working.

Reactions: Margen67 and Aroth

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mines 3 weeks ago, there's a really small screw on the lower right corner .
Aww does that mean I don't have the plus?
Argghhhh modchipcen#$%&.com

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm still waiting for some 'faker shouter' to say he still doesn't believe this, regardless of the confirmations by more than one people, videos, etc...
we can set up a gofundme page or something to the OP can travel to all the nay-sayers to show them first hand. but maybe it's a special custom made cart the OP created just to troll.
(have a little faith)

Reactions: nxwing and Margen67

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated my DSTWO (bought it, like, in the early August) and it could launch Gateway mode with Game Multiboot menu. Will try to launch games soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK GUYZ GUYZ I MADE IT
IT'S TRUE
IT'S FUCKING TRUUUUUE!!!

I like how they're so unashamed at the fact that they're ripping off Gateway that they don't even bother changing the graphic in the rom selector menu

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how they're so unashamed at the fact that they're ripping off Gateway that they don't even bother changing the graphic in the rom selector menu
Pretty sure they actually CAN'T change it as that is likely contained as part of the code in the launcher.dat file, which you are directed to get from the GW website from what I understand. GW's launcher.dat file is encrypted, which is why no one has actually managed to reverse engineer the rom loader afaik. All Supercard did was reverse engineer the red cart and make the DSTWO+ load the launcher.dat file.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Holy shit, I thought this was a joke, but its actually legit

But why would they sell the DSTWO+ as a DSTWO? That makes no sense from a financial standpoint. Perhaps they still had orders to fill and the DSTWO+ is all they had to give
well i guess the cost production of the cart must be quite similar, i doubt they would be selling the 'secret' upgradable cards at a loss :)
and, easier and cheaper to produce 2 cards instead of one. but, sure, why not intrude the card earlier if it already existed earlier... hmm

-edit - ha, i meant 1 card instead of 2.

Last edited by cearp,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i guess the cost production of the cart must be quite similar, i doubt they would be seller the 'secret' upgradable cards at a loss :)
and, easier and cheaper to produce 2 cards instead of one. but, sure, why not intrude the card earlier if it already existed earlier... hmm

I suspect we will find a few things happening in the coming weeks.

First, they are probably going to discontinue the original DSTWO flashcart, and likely already stopped making it.

Second, they likely had an excessively large order come in for DSTWO carts in from their sellers back in August and, having already slowed or stopped production of the DSTWO and knowing that the NDS portion of the DSTWO+ worked just fine just not the 3DS part, shipped them a set of DSTWO+ cards with a DSTWO sticker.

Third, because these carts were basically "prototypes" we will likely see reports of some of these DSTWO carts that people are updating will either fail the update or stop working after the update because they ARE prototypes that were not intended to be used as 3DS flashcarts.

edit:

It is also possible that they have no intention of discontinuing the original DSTWO and simply did as I suggested in the second part solely to meet an order that they did not have enough DSTWO carts to fill.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

dandymanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Holy shit, I thought this was a joke, but its actually legit

But why would they sell the DSTWO+ as a DSTWO? That makes no sense from a financial standpoint. Perhaps they still had orders to fill and the DSTWO+ is all they had to give

I think maybe the Supercard team needed money. If i remember correctly, the DSTWO was OOS worldwide sometime around X'mas last year. The plus release was suppose to be Spring 2015 but it never released. Probably their hardware were ready and sitting in their warehouse, but software side had problems. So after half a year, they decided to release a few pieces out to the market to get some revenue in while they continue work on their software.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm still waiting for some 'faker shouter' to say he still doesn't believe this, regardless of the confirmations by more than one people, videos, etc...
we can set up a gofundme page or something to the OP can travel to all the nay-sayers to show them first hand. but maybe it's a special custom made cart the OP created just to troll.
(have a little faith)

The english translation of the supercard site wasn't kinda clear but it does say the latest batch that was released. I take it that it means all resellers who had restock on dstwo cards. So if someone were to order the dstwo from current sellers now they might get the new hardware. I dunno.....:mellow:

I think maybe the Supercard team needed money. If i remember correctly, the DSTWO was OOS worldwide sometime around X'mas last year. The plus release was suppose to be Spring 2015 but it never released. Probably their hardware were ready and sitting in their warehouse, but software side had problems. So after half a year, they decided to release a few pieces out to the market to get some revenue in while they continue work on their software.

This could be the reason. Sounds legit.

There was another thread 1 or 2 days ago where someone claimed their DSTwo was actually a plus.

Love the sig.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(have a little faith)
Just watch that guy about sky3ds hans, managed to get 8 pages trolled everyone except he posted fake video after couple of hours. You never know, it might be fake or real.

Reactions: cearp and Elveman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work