Just updated to CFW 4.82 need help with getting ps3 to recognize external hard drive

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mjohn89, Dec 8, 2017.

1. mjohn89
    OP

mjohn89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    I just jailbroke my ps3 80gb backwards compatible ps3 and I have a spare 2tb external hard drive that I formatted to ntfs. I placed several psp and ps1 games on there. I load up multiman and it recognizes the ps1 games but no cover art but doesn't recognize the psp games or anything else on the drive. It also doesnt let me move stuff to the drive. I already have the config file made for the hard drive and placed in the proper place. Also with webman nothing shows up for stuff on my hard drive. What do I need to do for it to recognize the hard drive properly for multiman and webman and how do I get the cover art to load for the games.

2. mjohn89
    OP

mjohn89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    Any help would be appreciated would like to put my ps2, ps3 and psp collections on my hard drive.

3. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    did you run the prepare ntfs drive tool?

4. mjohn89
    OP

mjohn89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    Yes I did

5. xpoverzion

xpoverzion GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2017
    Gaza Strip
    Just use a FAT32 external drive. Makes life a lot easier;). Your Fat PS3 probably prefers FAT drives for a companion as well;).

Last edited by xpoverzion, Dec 11, 2017
  6. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Whats your folder structure for the external? What file format are your games in? ISO? BIN CUE?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nonsense

Last edited by yardie, Dec 11, 2017
  7. xpoverzion

xpoverzion GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2017
    Gaza Strip
    Just format an external drive to FAT32. Create a folder on that drive called "GAMES". Download your PS3 games in "ps3_folder" format. Transfer them to the GAMES folder on your external. That's it. Multiman and Webman will see them and launch them perfectly. No need to be constantly running prepNTFS all the time. Run games from your XMB without any fuss, or additional "prep" steps. PS2, PS1, etc are the same, although those games will usually be in ISO format, and put into their respective folders on the external, or internal drive.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just format an external drive to FAT32. Create a folder on that drive called "GAMES". Download your PS3 games in "ps3_folder" format. Transfer them to the GAMES folder on your external. That's it. Multiman and Webman will see them and launch them perfectly. No need to be constantly running prepNTFS all the time. Run games from your XMB without any fuss, or additional "prep" steps. PS2, PS1, etc are the same, although those games will usually be in ISO format, and put into their respective folders on the external, or internal drive.

Last edited by xpoverzion, Dec 11, 2017
  8. mjohn89
    OP

mjohn89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    I have them stored as root folder/ then psxiso, ps2iso,pspiso and the cover art isnt working as well. The ps2 game is iso. The psp and psx are all bin,cue and iso.

9. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    So this is how I have it set up

PSXISO/<Name of Game>/<Name of Game.BIN> and <Name of Game.CUE>

For example if the name of the game is Crash

PSXISO/Crash/Crash.BIN and Crash.CUE

10. democracy

democracy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    NTFS external usb drive working great here on latest rebug. Use the latest IRISMAN file manager to move files to NTFS drive; Start > Tools

you also need to format the drive correctly; Use MiniTool Partition Wizard and;
    - Set drive to MBR (not GPT)
    - Create as Logical (not Primary)
    - Cluster Size: 64KB

and of course, run prepNTFS again after its all setup and plugged in. Haven't been able to get ModMan to see drive yet (think I've got that figured out to but to lazy to try, besides, I don't think it's needed, IRISMAN seems capable enough.

Also, to make an unsplit whole .iso, copy non iso to NTFS/GAMES and use IRISMAN > Start > Tools to copy non iso to HDD0/GAMES, then use IRISMAN > Start > Tools to build an ISO to NTFS/PS3ISO... This is the only way I think this can be done currently reliably. If you try to build .iso any other way it seems to fail. I've created another thread to see if anyone is aware of a reliable pc tool that can be used.

Last edited by democracy, Dec 12, 2017
  11. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    who cares if its working for you
    we're trying to help the dude to get it to work.

useless post

Panzer_Baboon likes this.
  12. democracy

democracy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    useless post +1

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted