Hacking Just updated to CFW 4.82 need help with getting ps3 to recognize external hard drive

mjohn89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just jailbroke my ps3 80gb backwards compatible ps3 and I have a spare 2tb external hard drive that I formatted to ntfs. I placed several psp and ps1 games on there. I load up multiman and it recognizes the ps1 games but no cover art but doesn't recognize the psp games or anything else on the drive. It also doesnt let me move stuff to the drive. I already have the config file made for the hard drive and placed in the proper place. Also with webman nothing shows up for stuff on my hard drive. What do I need to do for it to recognize the hard drive properly for multiman and webman and how do I get the cover art to load for the games.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Whats your folder structure for the external? What file format are your games in? ISO? BIN CUE?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nonsense
Just format an external drive to FAT32. Create a folder on that drive called "GAMES". Download your PS3 games in "ps3_folder" format. Transfer them to the GAMES folder on your external. That's it. Multiman and Webman will see them and launch them perfectly. No need to be constantly running prepNTFS all the time. Run games from your XMB without any fuss, or additional "prep" steps. PS2, PS1, etc are the same, although those games will usually be in ISO format, and put into their respective folders on the external, or internal drive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I did
Just format an external drive to FAT32. Create a folder on that drive called "GAMES". Download your PS3 games in "ps3_folder" format. Transfer them to the GAMES folder on your external. That's it. Multiman and Webman will see them and launch them perfectly. No need to be constantly running prepNTFS all the time. Run games from your XMB without any fuss, or additional "prep" steps. PS2, PS1, etc are the same, although those games will usually be in ISO format, and put into their respective folders on the external, or internal drive.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

mjohn89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have them stored as root folder/ then psxiso, ps2iso,pspiso and the cover art isnt working as well. The ps2 game is iso. The psp and psx are all bin,cue and iso.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is how I have it set up

PSXISO/<Name of Game>/<Name of Game.BIN> and <Name of Game.CUE>

For example if the name of the game is Crash

PSXISO/Crash/Crash.BIN and Crash.CUE

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just jailbroke my ps3 80gb backwards compatible ps3 and I have a spare 2tb external hard drive that I formatted to ntfs. I placed several psp and ps1 games on there. I load up multiman and it recognizes the ps1 games but no cover art but doesn't recognize the psp games or anything else on the drive. It also doesnt let me move stuff to the drive. I already have the config file made for the hard drive and placed in the proper place. Also with webman nothing shows up for stuff on my hard drive. What do I need to do for it to recognize the hard drive properly for multiman and webman and how do I get the cover art to load for the games.

NTFS external usb drive working great here on latest rebug. Use the latest IRISMAN file manager to move files to NTFS drive; Start > Tools

you also need to format the drive correctly; Use MiniTool Partition Wizard and;
- Set drive to MBR (not GPT)
- Create as Logical (not Primary)
- Cluster Size: 64KB

and of course, run prepNTFS again after its all setup and plugged in. Haven't been able to get ModMan to see drive yet (think I've got that figured out to but to lazy to try, besides, I don't think it's needed, IRISMAN seems capable enough.

Also, to make an unsplit whole .iso, copy non iso to NTFS/GAMES and use IRISMAN > Start > Tools to copy non iso to HDD0/GAMES, then use IRISMAN > Start > Tools to build an ISO to NTFS/PS3ISO... This is the only way I think this can be done currently reliably. If you try to build .iso any other way it seems to fail. I've created another thread to see if anyone is aware of a reliable pc tool that can be used.

Last edited by democracy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.