Just realized you could hack the Vita. I'm at 3.50. What's the status on that?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dacvak, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Dacvak
    OP

Dacvak GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2006
    United States
    I never knew you could hack the Vita. I've really been wanting to play Gitaroo-Man (a PSP game) recently, but I don't feel like getting my actual PSP out. It'd be nice to play on Vita, but I just recently updated to 3.50. Is there any hope for 3.50 getting hacked any time soon? Sorry, I'm new to this.

Thanks.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    There's an upcoming exploit for 3.50 coming at some point in time.

According to this Wololo post, you'll need to have another hacked system in order to use the new exploit, so you'll need to actually pull your PSP out anyways to do so

http://wololo.net/2015/04/02/ps-vit...qwikrazors-upcoming-release-on-3-36-and-3-50/

If you follow Wololo you'll know when the exploit releases. Do be aware that you'll need to actually buy the exploit game as well in order to use it.

3. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    People are being pacified with all this ePSP stuff. Nothing you can't do with a good ol' PSP 3000 'lite & brite' on CFW. Having an 'icon on your desktop' is just a gimmick. (Edit: OK my mistake, for 3.36 it's like "mset" on the 3DS, you don't have to re-run the exploit to start your CFW).

For now Sony loves it as all these peeps keep throwing good 2015 dollars at old 2006-2010 PSP games from the PSN store.