Hacking Just got a new micro sd, not booting up on my flashcart

poyo23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought an 8GB PNY MicroSDHC Class 10 to use on my M3simply from my Kingston 2GB microSD. After I transferred the files, I tried to boot the PNY MicroSD on my M3 and it was stuck on the loading screen. I booted up the Kingston on the M3 and it worked fine.

Someone know what's wrong?

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this topic, then please move the topic to a more appropriate section.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, M3 Simply is the same as original R4. These old cards don't go beyond 2GB (regular SD card, not SDHC). I wouldn't trade it just for that reason. You can use Wood on it, and that's an awesome plus.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, M3 Simply is the same as original R4. These old cards don't go beyond 2GB (regular SD card, not SDHC). I wouldn't trade it just for that reason. You can use Wood on it, and that's an awesome plus.
I believe wood for M3 stopped development at v1.25. YSM3 (YSmenu adapted for M3) would probably be better.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe wood for M3 stopped development at v1.25. YSM3 (YSmenu adapted for M3) would probably be better.

Wood for M3 was for M3 DS Real. M3 Simply is an older card, so similar in structure to the original R4 that I believe Wood R4 works on it. It doesn't hurt to try, anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

poyo23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.

And yeah, I have been using Wood r4 on my M3 Simply flashcart for a long while now.

And I don't really wanna get a new flashcart so I'll just stick with what I have

Unless you guys recommend I get a new flashcart o.0

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally i'd recommend a new one, i have no regrets ditching my old r4 years back and upgrading to an Acekard 2i and then a 16gb micro sd card.
It was always a pain messing around with 2gb cards they are just far far to small.

If you don't want to spend alot of cash, id recommend getting an acekard 2i (since they are cheap), or if you feel like spending abit more you could always get a DSTWO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4