Just got a new micro sd, not booting up on my flashcart

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by poyo23, Jan 8, 2012.

1. poyo23
    OP

Newcomer poyo23 Newbie

United States
    So I just bought an 8GB PNY MicroSDHC Class 10 to use on my M3simply from my Kingston 2GB microSD. After I transferred the files, I tried to boot the PNY MicroSD on my M3 and it was stuck on the loading screen. I booted up the Kingston on the M3 and it worked fine.

Someone know what's wrong?

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this topic, then please move the topic to a more appropriate section.

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Perhaps the new msd isn't formatted to the correct format? Format your msd with the panasonic sd formatter (here's a guide, just in case). Copy back your back-up and try again.

EDIT: nvrmind, apparently, the m3 simply only supports SD (non HC) cards [read posts bellow]

3. vpd

Member vpd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The M3 Simply doesn't support sdhc, get an Acekard 2i or DSTWO.

4. Dust2dust

Member Dust2dust GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yeah, M3 Simply is the same as original R4. These old cards don't go beyond 2GB (regular SD card, not SDHC). I wouldn't trade it just for that reason. You can use Wood on it, and that's an awesome plus.

5. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I believe wood for M3 stopped development at v1.25. YSM3 (YSmenu adapted for M3) would probably be better.

6. Dust2dust

Member Dust2dust GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Wood for M3 was for M3 DS Real. M3 Simply is an older card, so similar in structure to the original R4 that I believe Wood R4 works on it. It doesn't hurt to try, anyway.

1 person likes this.
  7. poyo23
    OP

Newcomer poyo23 Newbie

United States
    Thanks guys.

And yeah, I have been using Wood r4 on my M3 Simply flashcart for a long while now.

And I don't really wanna get a new flashcart so I'll just stick with what I have

Unless you guys recommend I get a new flashcart o.0

8. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    I'd get a new one , but still keep that one. Get an AceKard 2i or a SuperCard DSTWO.

9. vpd

Member vpd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Personally i'd recommend a new one, i have no regrets ditching my old r4 years back and upgrading to an Acekard 2i and then a 16gb micro sd card.
    It was always a pain messing around with 2gb cards they are just far far to small.

If you don't want to spend alot of cash, id recommend getting an acekard 2i (since they are cheap), or if you feel like spending abit more you could always get a DSTWO.