Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just got a Black wii today and i was hoping that someone can enlighten me on how to hack the black wii (If it's possible) Iv heard that it would work by following any 4.2u hacking guide (which the newer wii's of course has 4.2 system software). Iv also heard that you can use SmashStack wiibrew.

Right when i got this wii, i didn't want to hack it, but i was curious to see if it would install a couple things, or rather it work with Bootmii. And yet it did. I could get too the bootmii screen with the option to install HomeBrew Channel and DVDx and Bootmii IOS (of course this wii does not have a vulnerable boot1) So i installed HBC, DVDX and BootMii IOS fine...but i stoped there for obvious reasons
smile.gif
. So i was wondering if i can continue with installing CIOS and IOS60 (Fixed) and what not? has anyone tested this at all?

I have a LU8147.
4.2u OFW

A

armand66

ALL wiis can be softmodded, doesnt matter their model, colour or date of production.

Follow this guide

GUIDE TO 4.2 ON ALL WIIS

You already have 4.2u and HBC, bootmii etc, so you've already done part of the guide. Continue on step by step till complete. Do not skip a step.

Oh, and 4.2u hacked uses a modified IOS70 not a modified IOS60 for its system menu.

Just follow that guide and youll be fine.

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply's!

I'll get on that guide right now. Actually i forgot to mention that i recently updated while setting up my wireless internet so i don't know if it's that that is causing me problems with wad manager...like every time i load wad manager and get to the screen where i choose which IOS to load the wiimote shuts down for some reason...Some kind of wad installation prevention system. Any ideas?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Simple; you didn't install a cIOS (at least not after the update)
So when you use IOS249 (Stub), it'll freeze automatically

-> Use IOS36 or remove the stub and install cIOS, then use IOS249

Foxhound1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i went on the guide and got rid of stubs but i couldnt do ios202...there was nothing there lol. Only 222, 223, 249, 250 are removeable. i installed Cios v17 as well. But i still can't use back up discs nor USB loaders using WBFS.

Anything else that i can do?

TheJorsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a small, slightly off-topic question,
I've tried googling and haven't found a straight answer yet.
Do the black Wiis have black system menus as well, or is it still white?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheJorsh said:
There is no difference between the black and white Wii's except for the plastic casing.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it is recent enough, it wil be unhackable because of the Disk Drive not having the commands to runn software on the right kind/format/whatever of disk (aka non-purchased)

A

armand66

gameguy95 said:
if it is recent enough, it wil be unhackable because of the Disk Drive not having the commands to runn software on the right kind/format/whatever of disk (aka non-purchased)

Your post could be taken the wrong way, as it wasn't worded great.

If it's a recent enough console, as it is due to being a black wii, then yes, the disk drive cannot play backup/burnt games as the new drives simply don't allow it.

But the console itself is indeed hackable and can be hacked for HBC, wiiware, VC, emulators, and all wii games to be played off the hdd.

It just can't play burnt disks is all.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
TheJorsh said:
There is no difference between the black and white Wii's except for the plastic casing.
That is absolutely not true. Nintendo has updated the disk drives on all black Wii's to NOT be able to read any type of disc EXCEPT Wii discs. That's why your backups don't work; USB is your only option. Install Hermes cIOS for optimal USB 2.0 usage.

odinthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I recall, Nintendo also updated the white wii package to have wii motionplus and wii sports resorts to coincide with the black wii launch. So both will have d3-2 drives unless it was a wii bought before october last year? (don't remember the actual date).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...