Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OverjoY said:
XFlak said:
OverjoY said:
Oke guys.. Just build a new rev that should fix the bug XFlak discovered so here is JoYflow 1.0 public beta 3:

JoYflow_1_0_pb_3.rar

@XFlak: If you have time could you please check if this really fixed your issue? Thanks
confirmed, issue is fixed

Thanks XFlak

paced98 said:
r3 works better than r2

The only dif is that JoYflow now skips files in /games folder on bootup

QUOTE(Hielkenator @ Mar 31 2011, 12:40 PM)
Is there a limit to the amount of games installed on the Virtual Nand when using JoyFlow?

My version 1.0 pb3 is stuck at the loading dol screen....

Limit should be the same as in normal Wiiflow (what is the limit in Wiiflow?!?).. I didn't change the size of any cache.

Do you use ID6 format names for your maps the games are in?

I'm referring to wad installs.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey guys, here's my v9 forwarder dol for JoyFlow (I got sick and tired of seeing the current forwarder's verbose output "loading dol") but I haven't had time to test it yet, can some1 let me know if it works? I suspect it works fine

http://www.mediafire.com/?xvz0n52i775b2v1

Forwarder paths:
Code:
SD:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.dol
USB:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.dol
SD:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.elf
USB:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.elf
SD:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.dol
USB:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.dol
SD:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.elf
USB:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.elf

As with all v9 forwarder dols, it has the following features:
-FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4 partition support
-IOS58 required (for USB 2.0 speeds)
-Can load from SD and USB
-Can load dol and elf files
-meta.xml arguments supported
-Able to launch apps with direct hardware access (when inserted in a ahbprot enabled base WAD)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hielkenator I have 60 Wii titles and 520 WW/VC titles all current as of May2010 so I do not believe it has a limit. Also depending on how many WW/VC titles you have installed it may take anywhere between 60-90secs to load the SM and ten 45-60secs to load any app or game. Returning back to the SM takes another 60-90secs.

Also I was unaware that uneek+di could read homebrew from the usb
smile.gif
may im mistaken but im about to find out
smile.gif

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Hielkenator: If they show up in JoYflow and you're able to start them in the SM itself they should also start in JoYflow. If you can't start them in either SM and JoYflow make sure you have the required IOS installed. You may also wanna check the region and use if possible the same region channels as SM.

@XFlak: Does also my forwarder display "Loading Dol" as verbose output? Not that I do care, I don't have an USB Gecko, but I am curious. It's also v9, but doesn't read from USB as it's useless in Uneek. Anyway thanks for this and for supporting JoYflow.

I can't check it right now, but will when I've a Wii available

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kylster said:
Also I was unaware that uneek+di could read homebrew from the usb
smile.gif
smile.gif
I'm assuming you're referring to my forwarder dol that forwards both to SD and USB.

Firstly, let me say that I agree with u that uneek most likely cannot access homebrew on a USB HDD even using the v9 forwarder code. That being said, I wanted to construct a forwarder dol that will also be able to launch JoyFlow from either the SD or USB HDD so that if/when JoyFlow is tweaked to run on sneek I won't need to build a new forwarder dol... ie. using the same forwarder dol, running JoyFlow on UNEEK it will launch from SD and when running JoyFlow on SNEEK (when/if the time comes) it will launch from USB HDD. Also, due to constraints in the v9 forwarder code, I couldn't build a v9 forwarder dol that ONLY forwards to SD or only forwards to USB (adding one path to forwarder code builds the dol so it checks that one path on the SD and the USB). I'm sure FIX94 or some1 else should be able to modify the forwarder code to do that... but for the reasons outlined above... I don't think anyone should bother with that.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scooby74029 said:
added new rev to the first post

Thanks Scoob! Looked over this message before

XFlak said:
QUOTE(kylster @ Mar 31 2011, 04:16 PM) Also I was unaware that uneek+di could read homebrew from the usb
smile.gif
smile.gif
I'm assuming you're referring to my forwarder dol that forwards both to SD and USB.

Firstly, let me say that I agree with u that uneek most likely cannot access homebrew on a USB HDD even using the v9 forwarder code. That being said, I wanted to construct a forwarder dol that will also be able to launch JoyFlow from either the SD or USB HDD so that if/when JoyFlow is tweaked to run on sneek I won't need to build a new forwarder dol... ie. using the same forwarder dol, running JoyFlow on UNEEK it will launch from SD and when running JoyFlow on SNEEK (when/if the time comes) it will launch from USB HDD. Also, due to constraints in the v9 forwarder code, I couldn't build a v9 forwarder dol that ONLY forwards to SD or only forwards to USB (adding one path to forwarder code builds the dol so it checks that one path on the SD and the USB). I'm sure FIX94 or some1 else should be able to modify the forwarder code to do that... but for the reasons outlined above... I don't think anyone should bother with that.

I didn't check this, but JoYflow should support SNEEK (not SNEEK+DI) for loading Wiiware and VC, but if the DI module is loaded in SNEEK can you still access the USB HDD for loading homebrew?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't really say if it works or not, in Priiloader after selecting .dol it goes to a white screen, and now if i try to install a .dol it goes to a white screen and that's it
frown.gif
i'll play around with it some, I even tried a new emulated nand with same effects.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OverjoY said:
if the DI module is loaded in SNEEK can you still access the USB HDD for loading homebrew?
I believe so, yes.

AFAIK, the details surrounding accessing SD/USB in s/uneek is that u are unable to access the device being used for nand emulation: USB for uneek/uneek+di and SD for sneek/sneek+di

@kylster,
This was mentioned elsewhere, but when using priiloader on emu nands, sometimes you have a time limit (in my experience this only applies to uneek, and not sneek). But basically u will have about 10 seconds once loading priiloader to do what u need to do before it becomes unresonsive (ie. the white screen you describe). I've also noticed that with priiloader v0.4, after your 10 seconds are up, you won't know priiloader has frozen until you navigate away from whatever screen u are currently on; but with priiloader v0.7, it will actually freeze and u will not be able to navigate the current menu (ie. freeze is more obvious). But with both versions of priiloader, the freeze will occur within the same approximate amount of time (about 10 seconds). In fact, I suspect you will encounter the same problems using the forwarder dol from the first post. To get around this problem, load priiloader (on your emu nand) and very quickly install the dol, then do a hard power down. Then get back priiloader on your emu nand, and change your autoboot settings to w/e u want, quickly save and exit. Basically, do w/e u need to do in priiloader in little 10 second chuncks until u get it all saved.

So please try that and let me know how it works for u.
Thanks.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
OverjoY said:
if the DI module is loaded in SNEEK can you still access the USB HDD for loading homebrew?
I believe so, yes.

AFAIK, the details surrounding accessing SD/USB in s/uneek is that u are unable to access the device being used for nand emulation: USB for uneek/uneek+di and SD for sneek/sneek+di

If this is true I think there will be an update tonight that supports SNEEK+DI

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak Yes that did the trick, though I did read about the 10sec limit on a previous post I did not believe I was taking that long but guess I was wrong. It loads fine
smile.gif
and it only took me 2 tries LoL Thanks for the working forwarder.

On a side note, I tried to load the app from usb:/apps/JoYflow/boot.dol using your v9forwarder and it was a no go
frown.gif
not that it wasn't already presumed to be but yeah I did try it and it did not work.

Could I just easily inject this v9forwarder into another JoYflow forwarder channel?

Sometimes after changing themes in JoYflow when it reloads back into the app it puts me at the "select partition" screen. Any idea on this? Also when switching back between channels and wii titles the picture art dissapears and everything loads into a blank screen. This somewhat rare though as i've never experienced this on the other wii's i have put uneek+di+JoYflow on.

Sorry I have so many questions. LoL Why is it I can only choose options for "Return To Channel" when under default theme? Also some of the themes are messed up like when WiiFlow updated past a certain revision you had to use more uptodate themes cause the some of the options would blend together, I get this same effect using Orchid theme.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't access my USB HDD in SNEEK+DI. Nor with HBC and nor when I write some code to mount the device. If I'm missing something please please tell me

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kylster said:
@XFlak Yes that did the trick, though I did read about the 10sec limit on a previous post I did not believe I was taking that long but guess I was wrong. It loads fine
smile.gif
and it only took me 2 tries LoL Thanks for the working forwarder.
sweet, thanks for testing
biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, are u able test this against the joyflow forwarder dol from the first post to see if the v9 forwarder's USB 2.0 speeds via IOS58 allow it to load faster? I think s/uneek has USB2.0 speeds built in though (not 100% sure about that), so u might not see a substantial speed increase

On a side note, I tried to load the app from usb:/apps/JoYflow/boot.dol using your v9forwarder and it was a no go
frown.gif
not that it wasn't already presumed to be but yeah I did try it and it did not work.

Could I just easily inject this v9forwarder into another JoYflow forwarder channel?
Yup, but I'm working on a forwarder channel that will include this dol, as well as enable ahbprot (not that its required, but may as well). So if u want to wait for that u can save urself some time and effort. And another friend of mine is working on a JoyFlow channel from scratch (new animation and everything), but that's a lot more work than what I am planning on doing, so you'll like see that after I release my simpler version.

Sometimes after changing themes in JoYflow when it reloads back into the app it puts me at the "select partition" screen. Any idea on this? Also when switching back between channels and wii titles the picture art dissapears and everything loads into a blank screen. This somewhat rare though as i've never experienced this on the other wii's i have put uneek+di+JoYflow on.

Sorry I have so many questions. LoL Why is it I can only choose options for "Return To Channel" when under default theme? Also some of the themes are messed up like when WiiFlow updated past a certain revision you had to use more uptodate themes cause the some of the options would blend together, I get this same effect using Orchid theme.
this is just speculation, but the themes probably have button mappings in them, so if the themes are outdated, buttons may be missing, or off screen, or hidden.

@OverjoY,
It sounds like I was wrong, sorry for misleading u. Maybe you could try loading my JoyFlow v9 forwarder dol in sneek+di and see if that is able to launch the JoyFlow from usb... but judging on what u've already tested... I doubt it will work any better.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I see.... does it take any extra time doing that? I'm wondering if I were to recompile my v9 JoyFlow Forwarder to initially launch using IOS56 (or w/e IOS u recommend) instead of IOS58 if that would make things faster (since it wouldn't need to reload the IOS).

On a related note, do emulated nands require IOS58 in order to redirect calls from IOS58 to IOS56? I'm wondering if we can make emu nands smaller by excluding IOSs that aren't used and just reload another IOS. I vaguely recall reading something a long time ago about IOSs 30 and under (I think it was 30, not sure) aren't used (instead they reload another IOS) but for w/e reason they should still be included in the emu nand. Basically, if I am able to exclude IOSs to make clean nands even smaller without negatively effecting performance then please let me know which IOSs can be excluded.

Oh yea, I just realized I asked kylster to test my v9 forwarder to see if its faster due to USB2.0 speeds... obviously it wouldn't make a difference since we're loading off of the SD card and not the USB! Silly me! But it might make a difference when loading JoyFlow in sneek (although doubtful given the info on IOS58 in s/uneek from the post above)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak I look forward to your friend and your new channel
tongue.gif
Your v9forwarder loads faster then if from the SM i can say that much or the least it appears to my eyes.

I did notice I spent 20mins in JoYflow and when trying to load a game it hung on Wii/JoyFlow screen but im sure this is a spindown issue on my end. It's just this never happened to me even while in a USB Loader like WiiFlow or CFG. While typing this I had newer super mario bros playing and after letting it play through the intro it froze to a black screen with repeat music ??? oh well. To add to this I hard powered my wii off and then immeaditly turned it back on and it did in fact load the emulated nand but skipped Priiloader auto boot to installed file. Figure this might be something to know but not likely some people are as impatient as I am about getting things done LoL

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OverjoY said:
I can't access my USB HDD in SNEEK+DI. Nor with HBC and nor when I write some code to mount the device. If I'm missing something please please tell me
I just had an idea for u to get JoyFlow working on sneek+di... although I don't know how much work would be involved.

Ok, first the easy part, u could easily launch joyflow from sneek+di if it is installed as a channel on the SD card emu nand (not a forwarder channel, but the JoyFlow dol itself).

Now for the hard part... joyflow still wouldn't be able to access config files and themes saved on the SD card or USB... but I was thinking it may (or may not) be possible for you to have those files saved to "real nand" (ie. the SD Card). I don't know if that is something u can do, or how much work it would involve. In the end it would probably be easier for some1 who cares badly enough to build sneek+di with sd access enabled... besides, uneek+di is the ultimate form of s/uneek if u ask me... so I don't know if its worth your time and effort, but I thought I'd mention it.

edit: oops, sorry for the double post (apparently I like talking to myself, lol)

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The main reason I toke a break on adding SNEEK+DI support was that SNEEK's Ioctl call to read the game info only returned garbage data and because I can't acces the HDD in SNEEK+DI it's also impossible to lookup the info the way I did for UNEEK+DI. The combination of SNEEK+DI with enabled sd-card access and JoYflow works fine so writing the ini files somewhere isn't a big issue. Although I also thought about putting all the JoYflow files on the emu nand, I don't expect this would solve the issue to collect the info of installed games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes it makes your foot smarter +1