XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey guys, here's my v9 forwarder Channel for JoyFlow, install it to your emulated nands using showmiiwads

http://www.mediafire.com/?t7e8um00hwa932x

Forwarder paths:
Code:
SD:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.dol
USB:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.dol
SD:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.elf
USB:\apps\JoyFlow\boot.elf
SD:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.dol
USB:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.dol
SD:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.elf
USB:\apps_emulators\JoyFlow\boot.elf

It has the following features:
-FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4 partition support
-Can load from SD and USB (if using uneek+di, joyflow must be saved to the SD card)
-Can load dol and elf files
-meta.xml arguments supported
-Able to launch apps with direct hardware access
-IOS58 and IOS56 required to be installed on emulated nand in order to work properly

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@xflak

did some testing with s/uneek and what i found was this

all ios must be present even if they are not used i have the original donkey kong game it uses ios 9
i deleted ios 9 and all my wii would do was reset to the system menu but after i reinstalled ios 9 it loaded just fine

since there is no reason for the mios and bc because gamecube games dont work anyway i think you can leave these out of the fresh nand builds but the rest of the ios must be there

hope this helps you out man
also i found a cios that will work with s/uneek it is version 7 of wanin"s it is the only cios that will work with s/uneek

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
i know that running softchip r 102 for disc backups will work with the cios thats how i play rb3 in uneek is with that cios i was just adding that for anyone wanting to mess with cios and s/uneek

as far as the forwarder i think you should be fine if you jst redo it for ios 56 because in s/uneek all ios have the ahbprot flag set no matter whether you reload to another ios or not it is always set to on

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
Gotcha, so if I understand u correctly, JoyFlow in its current form will work if sneek+di has SD access, correct?

pretty slick, keep up the great work!

edit: joyflow forwarder channel finished
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately not. The launching part and saving the ini files part works fine, but I have no access to the game info, but I maybe have an idea for this now.. I'll check if it's a go in the next hour

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't fixed up hacked Wii and tried this (Laptop Power Supply died and my brothers only worked for about an hour before breaking).

For the IOS thing: If the files are not truly needed but the system won't load without them then it's probably safe to assume that the launchers check for the IOS before launching. If that's the case it may be possible to use blank IOSes (or just a minimal set of data). Also, how does the forwarding work? Is the forwarding needed under real NAND or just with Uneek? If it's required under regular NAND (thus the Wii does this natively) then it could be that the IOSes installed are whats responsible for reloading to the newer IOSes.

As per my last post and Wever's reply:
As I believe you understood I want to use JoyFlow as a total sys menu replacement and I want to see it reach that point. That being said if JoyFlow becomes the sys menu and a new IOS comes out then the download feature I mentioned would be to download the newer IOSes needed to play newer games. I actually deleted the CIOSes from my Uneek NAND as I don't need them.

The next paragraph has a story involved after the initial point.
The only reason I installed them to begin with was to recover my save data. Basically I used to use CFG then I switched to using SNEEK. When I switched to Sneek I decided to restore my Wii to an earlier point via a backup I had made but all my save files were only on my SD Card and not in that backup. Knowing what I know now I could have used Uneek to play all the games to create the initial save files then transfered them over from my SD card but, I didn't realize that so I reinstalled everything needed to run CFG, played each and every game, got the save data back, then made a backup of that so I could move the save files over to my Sneek Nand. As I said I now know there was a much better way but because of that I do have a few useless titles on my Uneek NAND (and I'm don't know for sure on a few). The experience did however teach me much of the internal structure of the Wii which I used to make a thread about NAND dissection: http://gbatemp.net/t265143-nand-dissection...lysis?&st=0

The more I think about it the more I realize that MMM's tools are pretty pointless on this and you're right about using a channel.

The post you linked to about getting HBC to work I tried that years ago (or at least it feels like that). It never worked. I even explicitly used the versions in the post and tried some other comments I found in various other post. So no, it's not that I didn't try hard enough to get HBC working it's that something else is preventing it from working. (not to sound harsh but that's the fact).

Finally. CIOS isn't to be used on the NAND. It's to be used on the backup medium. A single CIOS file is far more efficient/stable for storage purposes that an extracted disc (the DI format) or a wbfs (just because of the multiple files thing). I also keep a full backup (or usually do at least) of my NAND so I actually have both format but if something happens that screws up the DI format Disc and I don't catch it in time I can always use my CIOS version with ModMii to get a new copy of the game. As I said in my last post though my backup is currently lost due to hardware failure. Also my power supply died and deleted some other files. I'm also at a point already where I'm running low on cash so lately I've been getting hit pretty hard.

Sorry if my post sounds a bit rant like. Been a bit stressed lately and trying to keep up with this stuff.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has probably been answered but is there a way to go from uneek+di to real nand by forwarder or full channel? I know it does not take much time to turn off the Wii and eject the SD befor turning it back on but for those lazy people we all seem to know this would be beneficial
smile.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OverjoY said:
drmarvin said:
I can run JoyFlow, and it lists all my installed UNEEK channels, but when I launch any of them, the console reboots. It's not a problem with WAD install, since they run fine from the SM, but once many channels are installed, JoyFlow is they nice way to see them all. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

Channels running from SM should also run without an issue in JoYflow.. Do you have all common IOSs installed? I installed the VC and WiiWare channels with ShowMiiWads and never used an app to install a wad, but afaik this should work also. If other people also have issue's with channel loading please tell, but for now I think it has to be something in your setup.

Installed about 100 channels. Joyflow does'nt boot anymore.

Griffin224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Xflak, OverJoy or Scooby, I can't seem to get RB3, or GH: WoR to work on my Uneek+DI. (A few other games too, but those most importantly.) If you guys don't mind me PM'ing you I could use some help getting them working. They worked on WiiFlow before I was using Uneek, but do not work in DiscEx format. You guys seem to be really knowledgeable and friendly, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance guys!

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Griffin224 said:
Hey Xflak, OverJoy or Scooby, I can't seem to get RB3, or GH: WoR to work on my Uneek+DI. (A few other games too, but those most importantly.) If you guys don't mind me PM'ing you I could use some help getting them working. They worked on WiiFlow before I was using Uneek, but do not work in DiscEx format. You guys seem to be really knowledgeable and friendly, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance guys!
ok so i hear that this will work for some games

commenting out if( !SMenuFindOffsets( (void*)0x00000000, 0x01200000 ) ) in ES/main.c

try this before compiling the source files if you need more help pm me

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Griffin224 said:

Thanks in advance guys!

Make sure you foldernames are short.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
kylster said:
@XFlak Yes that did the trick, though I did read about the 10sec limit on a previous post I did not believe I was taking that long but guess I was wrong. It loads fine
smile.gif
and it only took me 2 tries LoL Thanks for the working forwarder.
sweet, thanks for testing
biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, are u able test this against the joyflow forwarder dol from the first post to see if the v9 forwarder's USB 2.0 speeds via IOS58 allow it to load faster? I think s/uneek has USB2.0 speeds built in though (not 100% sure about that), so u might not see a substantial speed increase

On a side note, I tried to load the app from usb:/apps/JoYflow/boot.dol using your v9forwarder and it was a no go
frown.gif
not that it wasn't already presumed to be but yeah I did try it and it did not work.

Could I just easily inject this v9forwarder into another JoYflow forwarder channel?
Yup, but I'm working on a forwarder channel that will include this dol, as well as enable ahbprot (not that its required, but may as well). So if u want to wait for that u can save urself some time and effort. And another friend of mine is working on a JoyFlow channel from scratch (new animation and everything), but that's a lot more work than what I am planning on doing, so you'll like see that after I release my simpler version.

Sometimes after changing themes in JoYflow when it reloads back into the app it puts me at the "select partition" screen. Any idea on this? Also when switching back between channels and wii titles the picture art dissapears and everything loads into a blank screen. This somewhat rare though as i've never experienced this on the other wii's i have put uneek+di+JoYflow on.

Sorry I have so many questions. LoL Why is it I can only choose options for "Return To Channel" when under default theme? Also some of the themes are messed up like when WiiFlow updated past a certain revision you had to use more uptodate themes cause the some of the options would blend together, I get this same effect using Orchid theme.
this is just speculation, but the themes probably have button mappings in them, so if the themes are outdated, buttons may be missing, or off screen, or hidden.

@OverjoY,
It sounds like I was wrong, sorry for misleading u. Maybe you could try loading my JoyFlow v9 forwarder dol in sneek+di and see if that is able to launch the JoyFlow from usb... but judging on what u've already tested... I doubt it will work any better.

"Friends" Channel is sent to XFlak for review and approvel...

Griffin224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Make sure you foldernames are short.

My games folder names are only 6 characters long, I.E. - the game ID. I'll try Scooby's suggestion once I get these games copied over and see if the Joyflow forwarder install worked.

Hey Xflak - have you considered making Joyflow and the forwarder a part of the base Sneek/Uneek install?

Edit: Joyflow forwarder worked.... woot! Less #$#$%$ing from teeh wife. Now to get these games copied.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
@klyster yeah man just google gadgets4sneek or switch to uneek and use that

Ok the app seems nice but considering it's beta and it's currently low maintained do you know if anyone has had any problems?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
kylster said:
Code:
@klyster yeah man just google gadgets4sneek or switch to uneek and use that

Ok the app seems nice but considering it's beta and it's currently low maintained do you know if anyone has had any problems?

Nah mate, I can confirm it works spot on. Nicely done and running 4 x nands (just cos I can). Well worth having, saves taking the SD card out if you wanna switch to real nand. A great app for a lazy generation

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kylster said:
I know this has probably been answered but is there a way to go from uneek+di to real nand by forwarder or full channel? I know it does not take much time to turn off the Wii and eject the SD befor turning it back on but for those lazy people we all seem to know this would be beneficial
smile.gif

yes + maybe help^

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
OverjoY said:
drmarvin said:
I can run JoyFlow, and it lists all my installed UNEEK channels, but when I launch any of them, the console reboots. It's not a problem with WAD install, since they run fine from the SM, but once many channels are installed, JoyFlow is they nice way to see them all. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

Channels running from SM should also run without an issue in JoYflow.. Do you have all common IOSs installed? I installed the VC and WiiWare channels with ShowMiiWads and never used an app to install a wad, but afaik this should work also. If other people also have issue's with channel loading please tell, but for now I think it has to be something in your setup.

Installed about 100 channels. Joyflow does'nt boot anymore.

I don't know what the limit is, but I think 100 channels should work without any problem. One of my beta testers had 125+ Wii games installed in DiscEx format and JoYflow launched without any issue. The channel cache is shared with the game cache and can be made certainly big enough to hold the information of 100 channels.

If it's really a problem with JoYflow I'll maybe have a look into this later, but for now I only accept real bugs for a quick fix.

Griffin224 said:

Thanks in advance guys!

QUOTE(scooby74029 @ Apr 2 2011, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE(Griffin224 @ Apr 2 2011, 08:17 AM)

Thanks in advance guys!
ok so i hear that this will work for some games

commenting out if( !SMenuFindOffsets( (void*)0x00000000, 0x01200000 ) ) in ES/main.c

try this before compiling the source files if you need more help pm me

Hey Scooby, I thought I've read somewhere that you play RB3 using a cIOS otherwhise it's not working? I could let JoYflow reload to this cIOS when launching this game and also for other games if that's what is needed to get those game to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay solitude again