1. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello I had SX OS all the time and because of the 6.2.0 issue I wanted to tr Hekate, put it ont he SD card and booted it. After I succesfully booted it and launched the album I received crash message and had to restart. After that I realised my Hori D pad doesnt work anymore. After changing to joy con I further found out the switch doesnt give power to the joycons at all anymore neither in SX OS nor in oroginal Firmware.
    How can I restore the power for the joycons ;( please help

2. aos10

aos10 Yuuki chan

Saudi Arabia
    I don't think Hekate works with 6.2, it's atmosphere.

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Hekate v4.5 works just fine with 6.2.0.

It's unlikely Hekate had anything to do with your Joy-Con problem. Did you modify your Joy-Con in any way?

aos10 likes this.
  4. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I am still on 6.0 because I wanted to check hekate before I try to update. As I said there was an error after launching album and I had to restart. I realized I couldnt use hori d pad as I said already

The 8 bitdo controller wil also not recognize my switch anymore : :(
    I didnt mod anything or do anything to the joycon

5. Sm0k3r83

Sm0k3r83 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i had this issue with my pro controller when i downgrade from 6.2 to 6.1, after updating back to 6.2 is only when it would pair again

6. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I recognized anorher issue: the switch stays veey warm in sleep mode and consumes a lot of battery power but norhing is broken apart fron the controls

Last edited by psbernitz, Dec 8, 2018
  7. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

Spain
    Some friends told me the latest Atmosphere and Hekate were working worse on <6.2 OFW. You can try updating (make a nand backup before doing so).

8. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    Try flashing back the lowest nand backup that you have. Since you're going back to your original nand, everything should start working normal.

Which is the lowest nand backup you got and what's your fuse count?

9. Blackpeanut

Blackpeanut Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I'm having the same symptoms. Hotter than normal switch in sleep mode, wheter original firmware or cfw (reinx in my case), overheating warnings when playing docked and at 1080p (can't hear the fan spinning) and joycons not charging anymore.

I just noticed all of this during the week and the only change i made to my switch was installing the smash nsp from two weeks ago.

I'm on 5.1, I will restore my nand to the initial bsckub of 5.1 I made some months ago and see what happens, but I suspect this issue is not software related

10. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I installed the smash too!!!

11. Blackpeanut

Blackpeanut Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Yeah, thousands of people did but only very few have this problem. I've seen this exatc problem (overheating and joycons not charging) in nintendo's forum posted in june, so i dont think cfw is the cause.

I restored my switch to the point before I did anything cfw related and everything is the same, probably the only solution is sending it to nintendo and get it fixed under warranty
    :(

12. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    And get a updated switch back.... But better as nothing
    You can sell the repaired Unit and get a Other One for the same Price

Last edited by loler55, Dec 10, 2018
  13. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I've had a similar issue, for about 10 days my right joycon (only the right one) would not properly charge anymore, either in CFW (ReiNX at the time) or OFW.

I went into the controllers screen to see how it behaves and it would look something like this:

As soon as I plugged the switch in (either in the dock or an external charger), it would charge the switch and both joycons. But the right joyocn would stop charging after about 10 seconds, sitting there at half the charge.

Ocassionally, I was able to get the thing to carge but only using an external USB charger. But the switch unit would be rather warm after a few hours of charging, even when in sleep mode regardless of wether or not the joycon would charge.

I tried to take videos of the behaviour to ask here for help but every time I started recording, it would just work without issues..

I've tried to diagnose this for 10 days but I wasn't able to find any pattern. I tried wiggling the joycon, I tried cleaning the contacts but there was no rhyme or reason as to when the joycon would or wouldn't charge. Not even a reboot of the console would help. After about 10 days, the issue was just gone. It simply hasn't happened since and I don't really know why.

14. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Possibly damaged pins using a jig?

15. LUCKASS

LUCKASS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    I got the same problem with my 6.2 switch with Atmosphere + Hekate (latest Kosmos build)
    I found a solution, it was to re-sync the joycon with the switch, but it has fixed the issue only for a day.

I'll try move from Hekate to Atmosphere fusee primary this afternoon

16. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I read somewhere there are times viruses that activate only at a certain time programmed by its maker. So it might be like this? Is my switch trash now ?

17. LUCKASS

LUCKASS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Of course not. I think this is just an issue from Atmosphere or Hekate. I don't have the problem anymore since I updated to the latest Kosmos Update, you should do the same.

210modz likes this.
  18. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hm I have the newest version of kosmos but still the heat/battery drain issue in sleep mode and not charging joy con.
    I updated to 6.2.0 but nothing changed however 8bitdo is recognized now.
    So I can say goodbye to portable gaming forever?
    What can you or anybody recommend me to do?

19. LUCKASS

LUCKASS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Have you tried like I said to re-sync the joycon completely ? It fixed the problem for me the first time

20. psbernitz

OP psbernitz Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I think I need an external joycon charger to get ine joycon running its completely dicharged. Did this also solve the heat issue?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - anymore, Joycon, charge