OLED with HWFLY 4.2 doesnt boot into Hekate anymore after update to 16.0.0.3 in OFW

Rambolinie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, who can help me....

just update the OLEd switch into "Stock mode" to the latest firmware... 16.0.03

The HWFLY 4.2 chip is blinking green.. when i boot it only come into the OFW

I can't come into Hekate anymore, everything what i do results into booting info OFW

Can't come into "just pressing power" or "power and vol+" or with "power and vol - after logo"

also put the nessesary new files ad new 1Tb SD card , renamed Hecate xxxx to Payload.bin, doesnt work eighter...

i've seen that i might have to update / flash the HWFLY 4.1 but how?

Can't find a good tutorial, or anyone can help me ?

Rambolinie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It should look for payload.bin if you have it setup correctly.
that doesnt work, it goos directly into OFW and can't come into Hekate...
I'm looking overall at YT eand google and here but all i know that ( i've read it somewhere) that i have to update the HWFLY chip to newest firmware trough the update port and connected to windows... but with what programm etc i don't know...
I need a little help into this hahaha

a step by step tutorial or Yt tutorial... would be nice..

The guy where i bought it from doesnt want to help me with it..
and that's no problem, i like to fix stuf but need some help now :)

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with your sd card files or payload, if something's wrong with your sd card, the chip will at least show an error screen instead of booting to ofw directly. After a major system update like 14-15, 15-16, hwfly chips are known to brick on first reboot. Usually the chip can reset itself (pulsing purple for sometime, then flashing yellow light and fainally boot to hekate). If your chip can't recover by itself you might need to reset the chip manually. Take the back cover off, find those two pads near usb connector and short them with tweezers, then power on. You can also do it through usb and a serial terminal on your pc. If that doesn't work you'll probably need to reflash hwfly firmware.
1691607798285.png

Btw are you sure you have v4.2 chip? iirc v4.2 is a lite chip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol