Updating hwfly firmware - boots into OFW automatically, no LED

hemoridhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(OLED model) I attempted to update sdloader and firmware (hwfly-nx 0.7.2) from 0.3.0 by following their readme procedure using hwfly-toolkit. All goes well until, after the flashing is complete, an error message about some corruption. I decided to reflash 0.7.2, and hwfly-toolkit said that's the version it has, and no action is taken. I then rebooted, but instead of hekate, it books straight into OFW (with SD or not). The LED on the chip does not turn on at all.

I don't think the chip is physically disturbed. Here's an image if the setup - it's a SxT chip.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Edit: I've found this thread /threads/hwfly-0-7-2-always-boots-ofw.624452/ which is the exact scenario that I'm in.

Attachments

• 20231123_105917.jpg
    20231123_105917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Last edited by hemoridhero,

hemoridhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No need to update it, I haven't update my Hwfly OLED since I got it last June.
That's true, but afaik with fw 0.3.0 one cannot install Switchroot Android 11 on the OLED model.
I found a version of 0.31R at what-happened-to-hwflys-official-firmware.616529/, will try flashing it, and version 0.7.2 and 0.7.1 with the dongle after the break.

Will update here as well. Thanks!

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, it's not an original hwfly chip but a clone one. You shouldn't update firmware on these clone chips as they are not compatible with official hwfly firmware or the community spacecraft-nx firmware. Later v4.x/v5 clones may be compatible but still have a ton of stability issues.

You can try the last hwfly official firmware 0.3.1, but I doubt it will work as these chips usually run their own modified firmware:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-happened-to-hwflys-official-firmware.616529/post-9899641

You can try to ask the seller on aliexpress for the firmware. If you can't get a working firmware then you probably need to swap the clone chip out with an instinct nx or rp2040.

hemoridhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update - tried flashing fw using USB dongle, chip not detected by PC. Seems like it was fried. Paid someone to rip out the old chip and install rp2040 - works now.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1