• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could've been much, much better. Trump should've moved hard and fast when he had both of the chambers. A missed opportunity, but then again, as a newcomer he didn't have the experience he has now. Not much point in complaining about it now - he's out of office and a little too old to run again in 2024, in my estimation.
It could have been much, much better if the man wasn't a petty, petulant child who made political issues out of shit as common sense as wearing a fucking mask.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Republicans got everything they wanted during Trump's presidency: tax cuts for the rich.
Tax cuts across the board, more like, but that's ancient history at this point that was discussed ad nauseam when it was actually news. A majority of Americans paid less in taxes following the cuts, not "just billionaires".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/business/economy/income-tax-cut.html

According to the IRS, percentage-wise some of the biggest beneficiaries of the revamp were low-ish middle-class families with individual incomes between $15k-$20k (per person) who saved 12.9% on average compared to previous years, taxpayers making $1m annually only saved 4.3%.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...first-year-after-trumps-tax-reform-2020-03-03

Who's keeping track though, what does the IRS know. After all, they're only in charge of the whole shabam.

Last edited by Foxi4,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And the Supreme Court.
I'm looking into my crystal ball, and my crystal ball has spoken - the next big ticket item? Lifetime nominations. Those Supreme Justices? They need term limits now because we don't like them. :lol: I wonder when they'll get around to cramming that one through past the goalie - it's the next logical step. Maybe they won't be this brazen though, who knows. Not taking bets just yet.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Brazen? You mean like arbitrarily blocking seat picks and then shoving a Justice in right before election. That we now know in hindsight, that they completely lost?
I believe Mitch explained it pretty succinctly at the time.
Ducklo resigns.
Too funny. I'm sure he made the decision independently, motivated by a strong sense of duty and devotion to the country.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tax cuts across the board, more like, but that's ancient history at this point that was discussed ad nauseam when it was actually news. A majority of Americans paid less in taxes following the cuts, not "just billionaires".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/business/economy/income-tax-cut.html

According to the IRS, percentage-wise some of the biggest beneficiaries of the revamp were low-ish middle-class families with individual incomes between $15k-$20k (per person) who saved 12.9% on average compared to previous years, taxpayers making $1m annually only saved 4.3%.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...first-year-after-trumps-tax-reform-2020-03-03

Who's keeping track though, what does the IRS know. After all, they're only in charge of the whole shabam.
No, the tax cuts disproportionately benefited the rich. Specifically, two-thirds of the law’s benefits went to the top income quintile. In addition, Trump and the Republicans promised a drop in deficit spending, not an increase, due to their imaginary trickle down effect. I don't need to tell anyone that the deficit ballooned in large part because of the tax cuts that disproportionately affected the rich, and trickle down economics are as dead a concept as ever.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/site...agreement_for_the_tax_cuts_and_jobs_act_0.pdf

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
No, the tax cuts disproportionately benefited the rich. Specifically, two-thirds of the law’s benefits went to the top income quintile. In addition, Trump and the Republicans promised a drop in deficit spending, not an increase, due to their imaginary trickle down effect. I don't need to tell anyone that the deficit ballooned in large part because of the tax cuts that disproportionately affected the rich, and trickle down economics are as dead a concept as ever.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/site...agreement_for_the_tax_cuts_and_jobs_act_0.pdf
PDF file doesn't want to open for some reason

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Republicans got everything they wanted during Trump's presidency: tax cuts for the rich.
Gotta love how that basically sums up everything they actually got (due to all the other issues being kept in stasis in order to dangle them over their base like bait for a fish) and thus what all the Trumpers retroactively only ever wanted to begin with, as Trump wouldn't POSSIBLY deny them anything they wanted, so they must not have really wanted it if it didn't happen!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Clicking it in my post didn't work, but copying and pasting it into my address bar worked. I'm also on my phone. My apologies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

"The Tax Policy Center has released distributional estimates of the conference agreement for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act as filed on December 15, 2017. We find the bill would reduce taxes on average for all income groups in both 2018 and 2025."

Thank you very much, please continue proving my point, my point being that the tax cuts benefitted Americans across the board, do so by all means. As a side note, this report was published in December 2017 based on predicted results, the IRS reports were published in 2019 based on real 2017 data. Nice try though.

If your counterpoint is that "the rich saved more dollaridoos total compared to the poor", I don't care about that. The majority of Americans ended the year with more money in their pockets, and I trust the IRS filings more than a Brookings-funded propaganda outlet.

Last edited by Foxi4,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The Tax Policy Center has released distributional estimates of the conference agreement for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act as filed on December 15, 2017. We find the bill would reduce taxes on average for all income groups in both 2018 and 2025."

Thank you very much, please continue proving my point, my point being that the tax cuts benefitted Americans across the board, do so by all means. As a side note, this report was published in December 2017 based on predicted results, the IRS reports were published in 2019 based on real 2017 data. Nice try though.
I didn't say taxes weren't reduced for all income groups. Try again.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't say taxes weren't reduced for all income groups. Try again.
I maintain my position. Lower and middle income taxpayers benefitted from the changes the most - they're the 99% and they're the ones who stand to gain from saving a thousand or two at the end of the year. A reduction of income tax by 12-14% can be life changing to them, a saving of 4% on a zillion dollars means nothing to an ultra rich magnate who will never want for anything in their life, not to mention that there's five of them compared to millions of everyday Joes and Janes. These families stood to gain the most out of this, and have gained the most, as per the IRS analysis based on actual tax filings, not predictions.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I maintain my position. Lower and middle income taxpayers benefitted from the changes the most - they're the 99% and they're the ones who stand to gain from saving a thousand or two at the end of the year. A reduction of income tax by 12-14% can be life changing to them, a saving of 4% on a zillion dollars means nothing to an ultra rich magnate who will never want for anything in their life, not to mention that there's five of them compared to millions of everyday Joes and Janes. These families stood to gain the most out of this, and have gained the most, as per the IRS analysis based on actual tax filings, not predictions.
The tax breaks disproportionately benefited higher income learners. If you're going to preach caring about objective facts, you should actually start doing so. You sound ridiculous when you zigzag around the point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Biden Regime needs a permanent army at the capital lol
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1360654279686635523
What do you expect when Trump continues to peddle dangerous lies about the election being stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi