• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mind you of trumps (Possiable) criminal rap sheet crunching the numbers of YEARS if convicted of everything he'll rot in prison almost any middle age person would probably die in prison for how many charges he commited interestingly enough (very small chance though) he could be still criminally prosecuted for the exact same charges he got aquitted for in the impeachment
honestly, if someone did everything Trump did and then found the Fountain of Youth, going all the way back to a single cell, and that single cell was brought to court...
it would still die in jail of old age by the end.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that he was acquitted by the Senate means almost nothing to a private citizen, which is precisely why these 5-day proceedings were entirely masturbatory in nature and a pointless waste of time and money.
Just because the Senate was nearly destined to acquit doesn't mean you just don't impeach him. It was the right thing to do.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, Trump never runs - he has a golf cart. Jokes aside, given his age, I don't know if he would've been too keen on running in 2024. He's already pretty old, even if America voted in a living fossil to replace him. I'd like to see a younger, more spry presidential candidate next time, I'm sick and tired of increasingly older and older frontrunners.
And I'm sick and tired of the increasingly dumber and dumber ways his supporters and defenders find ways to twist their brains around. The dude is a bad and untrustworthy actor on the political stage. Or any stage for that matter. We've known that for decades, long before he ever ran his bid in 2016.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
>when we lose we still win
imao this is great the damage control here is the real deal
Trump should be the spokesperson for Tefal.
And I'm sick and tired of the increasingly dumber and dumber ways his supporters and defenders find ways to twist their brains around. The dude is a bad and untrustworthy actor on the political stage. Or any stage for that matter. We've known that for decades, long before he ever ran his bid in 2016.
Is he running again? You're really overselling him, I already liked him the first time around.

I'm a bad guy.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>when we lose we still win
imao this is great the damage control here is the real deal
Nobody thought it was particularly likely that 17 Republican senators would vote to convict Trump. The fact that seven voted to convict can be seen as a real accomplishment though, and it's pretty damning that there was bipartisan agreement that Trump was guilty.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
One of his friends that he shares common interests with, A Mr Jeffrey Epstein. thought the same way.
Ah, so we're back to the conspiracy theories now. Jeffrey Epstein was a public person of interest, he was "friends" with binders of politicians and public figures. Remind me, which president flew with him on the Lolita Express? Oh, that's right, Clinton... and which president banned him from their resorts for being a creep? Oh, that's right, Trump did. Huh.

Reactions: tabzer

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
In more relevant, Biden-related news, the Biden administration has approved a weapons deal with Chile concerning Raytheon rockets.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-chile-arms-idUSKBN2A52MC

Completely coincidentally, Biden's active Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin used to be a board member at Raytheon and presumably still owns anywhere between $500k-$1.7m worth of shares in the company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Austin

I hope everyone's enjoying the distractions though. :lol:
Why did the Trump administration approve of the weapon sales? And is it going to be in dangerous hands?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why did the Trump administration approve of the weapon sales? And is it going to be in dangerous hands?
The Biden administration initially paused all deals for review. They have re-green lit the deal despite a clear conflict of interests, which is somewhat concerning. The Secretary of Defense stands to gain from this transaction, which is pretty inconvenient for the current administration, but I suppose they found nothing wrong with it.

No contract has been signed yet to my knowledge, we'll see how this proceeds. Theoretically the SoD has a moral obligation to either reject the deal or to liquidate shares before it is signed. I somehow doubt either scenario will take place, but we'll see. Stranger things have happened. They have some degree of plausible deniability, but it still smells pretty rancid.

Last edited by Foxi4,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and which president banned him from their resorts for being a creep? Oh, that's right, Trump did.

In public sure. But Trump inspected those underage undressed pageant queens. According to him it was one of the perks.

He also made inappropriate comments about his own daughter when she was 16.

But yeah, in public nothing to do with epstein.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why did the Trump administration approve of the weapon sales?

Greased palms. That swamp isn't going to fill itself.

Last edited by smf,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is he running again? You're really overselling him, I already liked him the first time around.

I'm a bad guy.
This reply is so full of stupid I don't even know where to begin... If you look back on the Trump administration and see nothing but a golden, shining city, then the only thing I can hope for is that your head eventually dislodges itself from that far up your ass.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This reply is so full of stupid I don't even know where to begin... If you look back on the Trump administration and see nothing but a golden, shining city, then the only thing I can hope for is that your head eventually dislodges itself from that far up your ass.
It could've been much, much better. Trump should've moved hard and fast when he had both of the chambers. A missed opportunity, but then again, as a newcomer he didn't have the experience he has now. Not much point in complaining about it now - he's out of office and a little too old to run again in 2024, in my estimation.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could've been much, much better. Trump should've moved hard and fast when he had both of the chambers. A missed opportunity, but then again, as a newcomer he didn't have the experience he has now. Not much point in complaining about it now - he's out of office and a little too old to run again in 2024, in my estimation.
The Republicans got everything they wanted during Trump's presidency: tax cuts for the rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably alot better than a 660ti