• Replies 279
  • Likes 23

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news everyone. I uploaded the first save to Google drive from JKSV last night and immediately passed out a few minutes later. I might want people willing to test soonish. It still needs work but I'm surprised it went this easy as I was expecting to throw my switch and pc at the wall getting it to work.

Take it easy everyone.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news everyone. I uploaded the first save to Google drive from JKSV last night and immediately passed out a few minutes later. I might want people willing to test soonish. It still needs work but I'm surprised it went this easy as I was expecting to throw my switch and pc at the wall getting it to work.

Take it easy everyone.
JK you absolute legend.

Reactions: JK_

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I actually wish I did it sooner. It would've saved my ass a few times.

I'll write up a guide when it's 100% ready, but you're going to have to provide your own google drive api credentials. Google limits me to 100 test users unless I get verified which isn't going to happen. Basically, you'll have to go to google's cloud dev console, create credentials and a log in screen, log in, and then copy and paste a few things into JKSV's config file and you're good to go.

The way it currently works is like on your Switch's SD card. JKSV creates its folder on your drive and uses different folders for every game. In order to save myself the headache though, every save is zipped before being uploaded if it isn't already. It's not that I can't upload the old folder format ones, it's just a pain and one zip file is simpler.

I've been using/playing with it for a few days actually. The only holdup is me figuring out where to put/list downloads from drive. I placed them in the folder/zip slide out menu with [GD] before the file name, but I didn't like it too much.

jksv_drive.png

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is interested in testing or trying it out early, you can let me know here and I'll DM you or you can send me a DM. You'll also get to use my google credentials to log in and skip my list of instructions everyone else will have to use. Code is on git before someone accuses me of harvesting data or something stupid like that.

It's still somewhat early, but it works for me and the two other people that have it right now. There are a few things I would like to improve and I'm also open for feedback if you think it could be improved at all.

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems that changing Save Output Folder works but only for the current session
if i close app and relaunch it, folder come back to default settings

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to press plus to close or the config won't be saved. I guess I'm going to have to change it.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, for the folders' names, is it poissble to create filters for the backup folders' names?
I mean when I backup SuperMario Odyssey, the created folder is SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY and I would like it be named Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Diamond doesn't even have a name and is created with its title id 0100000011D90000.

IIRC it was possible on the 3DS version, is it still possible, if so, how?

Thanks a lot.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, for the folders' names, is it poissble to create filters for the backup folders' names?
I mean when I backup SuperMario Odyssey, the created folder is SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY and I would like it be named Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Diamond doesn't even have a name and is created with its title id 0100000011D90000.

IIRC it was possible on the 3DS version, is it still possible, if so, how?

Thanks a lot.
Highlight whatever game you want to change, press X and then pick change output folder. Just make sure you shutdown by pressing plus until I get that all sorted sometime.

The reason some games default to title id is because I can't use UTF-16 like on 3DS

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Highlight whatever game you want to change, press X and then pick change output folder. Just make sure you shutdown by pressing plus until I get that all sorted sometime.

The reason some games default to title id is because I can't use UTF-16 like on 3DS
That's working, but could it be possible to save it to a txt file, like this?
[filters.txt]
TITLEID = Pokemon Brilliand Diamond

For exemple. Because if i delete the JKSV folder, it create backup with the original folder's names.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's working, but could it be possible to save it to a txt file, like this?
[filters.txt]
TITLEID = Pokemon Brilliand Diamond

For exemple. Because if i delete the JKSV folder, it create backup with the original folder's names.
It already is. It's in the config/JKSV folder named titleDefs.txt. All JKSV does when you set in app is write it there for you.

• Love
Reactions: Asia81

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got some goodish news and some bad news guys. First, I rewrote some stuff and now I just fetch the entire drive list to RAM and use that instead of fetching for every game's parent file/folder on request, which makes everything a lot smoother. It's actually a lot faster to just grab the entire list at one shot in the beginning than to build a cache starting with the JKSV folder, so I think that's how I'm gonna roll with it.

Bad news is this: While I was reading the documentation for Drive, I found out I missed something really important. I was probably half asleep if I'm honest. Apparently Google is even more restrictive than I originally thought. Refresh tokens, which I thought the whole fucking point was that they didn't expire like access tokens do, actually do expire if you're not verified by Google. They only last a week and would require feeding JKSV a new authentication code after they expire. I wasn't aware of this because I wrote most of this on PC before moving it over to Switch and I also like to do clean test runs after I make major changes. I never had the same refresh token for more than a week and only found this out when someone using it asked me why it stopped working after it was working fine for a week.

I'm extremely frustrated now and am probably gonna take a break. Right now I feel like I wrote a bunch of code for nothing, because with the changes from getting 3DS to not grind to a halt fetching things, I could actually write an almost fully functional Drive browser inside JKSV.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@JK_
How can I backup all saves at once? I know there was a function like this, but i cannot find it in the latest release of jksv. Has this function been removed?

Last edited by MSco,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MSco You can press X while your user is highlighted and select "Backup All For X" for the last release. I believe I added it back if you can build the source.

Small update on what's up: I know it seems like I died. I've had a lot going on lately. I work on it when I can, but it's not much.

Arrrchitects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MSco You can press X while your user is highlighted and select "Backup All For X" for the last release. I believe I added it back if you can build the source.

Small update on what's up: I know it seems like I died. I've had a lot going on lately. I work on it when I can, but it's not much.

Gotta live your life man. Was curious if there was any further info on the Google Drive integration fiasco? Sync'd saves for my switch and my PC, for when I do play using yuzu, would be sick as hell.

EDIT: Made my way to the github to make sure I was on the latest release (I was) and found your instructions to add the cloud nonsense. I followed them exactly as written and upon launching JKSV was not prompted to sign in or anything. In fact, the only difference I found was that when selecting a title it displayed as if there were no backup made before, but when connected to my PC I can see that there are indeed saves backed up. I then went ahead and followed the drive integration readme a SECOND time and received the same outcome.

Last edited by Arrrchitects,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Arrrchitects You need to build the source for drive support. I left the instructions so if someone built it they could get it going without needing to read through the code and figure it out. It's all still manually done though. I kinda figured I'd have it all done by the end of January, but it didn't happen.

I'll be back soonish.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Arrrchitects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Arrrchitects You need to build the source for drive support. I left the instructions so if someone built it they could get it going without needing to read through the code and figure it out. It's all still manually done though. I kinda figured I'd have it all done by the end of January, but it didn't happen.

I'll be back soonish.
Oh so I'd have to develop the necessary code or whatever to get it working before your release? Sorry if I misunderstood...Git and stuff pertaining to development are unfortunately not a skill that I have acquired yet. That's far beyond my non-existant developing capabilities sooooo looks like I'll be waiting patiently.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not much of anything lately everyone. Thing is, I've been working 10 to 12 hour days for several months. I'm hoping by mid October things will slow down and I can finish up and fix some things. I'm hoping Drive support still works as I received an email from Google about the authentication method I use, but I think it said it will still work with apps in testing mode? I accidentally deleted the email so I don't remember now. I miss working on JKSV for fun, but after work I'm exhausted.

I'm also really sorry to anyone that may have reported an error or done a pull request recently. I like to usually at least acknowledge people when they do those things, because I don't like giving off the vibe that I'm ignoring or too good to talk to you. I've just been tired and busy and forget to reply to ya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr