Last edited by ArviDroid,

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I recently downloaded PCSX Rearmed for my N3DS XL and I´m trying to find good games that are playable at an acceptable fps, for their genre. So far I´ve got: Alundra, FF VII, Heart of Darkness, Metal Slug X and both the Oddworld games. If you know any other good working games feel free to mention them below. I would guess on the 2D games and pre-rendered one´s, not sure though, but it takes a lot of time to skim through ´em all on my own.

Anyhow, thanks in advance.

And no, I´m not going to buy a Vita or a PSP.

How did you manage to get FF VII to run well?

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I eventually switched to playing on a PSP, since I had it available and wasn't too far in the game anyways, "Grandia" works fairly well on 3DS. It's not quite full speed, but fully playable at something like 50 frames per second. The only drawback is that you can't use frame skip to bump up the game speed without breaking text boxes, and the music has a bit of static that some people may find tolerable but I found a bit annoying.

D

Deleted-351540

As long as audio emulation was disabled, I've had good success in the past with Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2, Intelligent Qube (Kurushi for all you PAL/NTSC-J folks), and Skullmonkeys. None played entirely perfectly, but they played well enough. I found that I.Q. even played acceptable with sound emulation enabled.

After that, I deemed the 3DS not able to play PSX games well enough yet so I quit trying. YMMV.

Reactions: DarthDub

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How did you manage to get FF VII to run well?
Well I basically turned V-sync off in the settings, nothing else I believe. The game works pretty well I'd say. Definitely playable. 50-60 fps, even a few tenths above 60 fps for some reason.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as audio emulation was disabled, I've had good success in the past with Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2, Intelligent Qube (Kurushi for all you PAL/NTSC-J folks), and Skullmonkeys. None played entirely perfectly, but they played well enough. I found that I.Q. even played acceptable with sound emulation enabled.

After that, I deemed the 3DS not able to play PSX games well enough yet so I quit trying. YMMV.
Thanks! I'll defo check 'em out!

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@ArviDroid if you have a wii u, the wiisxr app runs almost all ps1 games at full speed with the overclock patch, if you don't have a wii u disregard this.
Sadly I don't...

I think bubsy 3d can work (or "virus")
Well, I'm mainly looking for good games. Not frickin' Bubsy 3D :P

How did you get good results for Crash? I only get 25 fps...

Reactions: SaffronXL

GammaLyrae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to take some time and optimize the RetroArch emulators instead of just doing shitty ports.

Some real 3DS specific development would be nice, yeah. At least we've seen a NES and SNES emulator port with some 3DS specific optimizations applied.

Reactions: ArviDroid

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@ArviDroid Parasite Eve runs well, Galerians too, Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare, Vagrant Story, Thrill Kill and Croc also run well
I'll check 'em out!

I'm guessing symphony of the night will work.
Sadly it runs at unplayable fps...

You can create a list of games that works for this emulator, it can help everyone!
Well, I thought about this, but if I'm getting encouraged to I think I will! But I don't know how I should use the thread...

1.Should I ask to have the thread name changed or make a new thread?

2.Should I demand that the games suggested must have been tested by the suggestors so that they play at an good fps for their genre (50-60 fps)?

3. Should I list non-working games?

4. List which settings needed to get good fps for a game, if needed at all?

I have never taken any initiative like this before so I want to ask these questions to make the thread as good and structured as possible. Hell, I'm not even sure you know my answers! So I'm asking everybody!

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got Rival Schools: United By Fate with 50 FPS

both Arcade Disc and normal disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum