• Replies 263
  • Likes 23

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started out as a straight port of my 3DS save manager to test a basic graphics drawing file and go through libnx a bit. I've been pretty much sitting on it for the last 3 months and decided to just get this over with. No, I don't care there are others.

JKSV for Switch has two modes. One uses user and game icons and a text menu only mode. These can be switched by pressing X on the user select screen.

There is an input guide in the bottom right corner for everything, with four exceptions:
1. Pressing all 4 shoulder buttons will disable filtering and enable you to dump system save data that is able to be opened. You can't write anything back to it though.
2. Holding L or R while selecting new for an output folder will auto-name it with the date retrieved from the system
3. The keyboard can be controlled with a controller:
  • Y is backspace
  • B is cancel
  • Start is finished.
4. Adv Mode:
Adv. Mode is a basic file browser to move files and folders to and from saves if needed. It can copy any folder or file on your SD to save data and vice versa.
  • Up, down, left, and right control the menus
  • A opens a dir, B goes back up a dir
  • ZL and ZR change which menu is being controlled.
  • X will make a small menu pop-up with options

The keyboard has the characters ':' and '/'. No, you can't use them to name files. They are there so I can redirect paths without rebuilding the whole thing.

If there is any more explanation needed, don't be afraid to ask. I'm so used to using and testing it, I'm sure I forgot something.

Releases

Last edited by JK_,

greenDarkness555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! JKSV has really advanced since it started it all on the 3ds.
It even has a built in file explorer! And controller support for the keyboard!
Looking forward to future updates.
Thanks for all the great work JK!

Jigoku12

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i've used your save manager on my switch but after i have backed up a save i cannot find it on my PC when i look into the SD card. How would i fix that? do i need to make a certain folder or am i just doing something completely wrong in the manager itself?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you looking? It uses "SD:/JKSV" like the original 3DS version. It used to save in the switch folder, but I was urged not to do this by a couple people.

Edit : If you happen to be one of the few that found it in the three months before this release, it might be "SD:/switch/.JKSV" and not show up for you. You can use Adv Mode to rename the folder. I wanted to hide it from the HB Menu, but didn't think about Mac or Linux users. I got a talkin to about that.

Last edited by JK_,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just had yet another success story and confirmation from someone, so I feel pretty safe saying this. JKSV appears to be the only save manager that can actually handle Minecraft Bedrock saves without completely crashing your Switch.

Ultimadrago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still working? Seems to be defunct on my system

Edit: Nevermind! I got it to boot again somehow. Weird. It was giving the error before.

Last edited by Ultimadrago,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still working? Seems to be defunct on my system

Edit: Nevermind! I got it to boot again somehow. Weird. It was giving the error before.
Sorry. I'm really busy with work lately. I'm hoping it slows down a bit soon and I can get this going again. I really want to build and release a new build soon. I added BCAT support months ago, but never had time to finish it up.

So, I guess people can look forward to that!

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish this could autogen timestamp_account for single game backups by default like it does with batch backups. in that case i think i prefer this to checkpoint

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish this could autogen timestamp_account for single game backups by default like it does with batch backups. in that case i think i prefer this to checkpoint
Noted. Not difficult to do.

I wonder though, does this tool support Skyrim saves? Checkpoint cannot restore them properly.
I can't say for sure, but let me know. I have a feeling if Checkpoint can't, JKSV might have problems too. The last time I looked/heard anything, Checkpoint was using JKSV's code pretty much.

Reactions: Dark Ronin

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am somewhat concerned about the future functionality of JKSV. Currently, thanks to the editing of system_settings.ini in the current ATM version 0.10.2, the problem with the controller can still be solved. But if this should not be possible any more, as announced in the changelog, it would be a pity for this tool. For me it is the best save manager tool for the switch.

The temporary hid-mitm added in Atmosphere 0.9.0 was disabled by default.
  • Please ensure your homebrew is updated
  • Please note: support for this setting may be removed to save memory in a future atmosphere release.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't move or press any button after launching JKSV :(
You're using the latest release, right? It's the only one that's going to work because of the HID changes.

Edit: @HaloEffect17 Don't worry about BCAT. That was added more for archiving/preserving stuff. I have a friend that's really into Pokemon events and that's where those are stored.

Last edited by JK_,
Reactions: a5723797

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using the latest release, right? It's the only one that's going to work because of the HID changes.

Edit: @HaloEffect17 Don't worry about BCAT. That was added more for archiving/preserving stuff. I have a friend that's really into Pokemon events and that's where those are stored.
I got the .nro that you have on the first msg or is there another link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Accidently ok. :tpi: