RELEASE JKSV (save manager) for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by JK_, Aug 26, 2018.

1. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    This started out as a straight port of my 3DS save manager to test a basic graphics drawing file and go through libnx a bit. I've been pretty much sitting on it for the last 3 months and decided to just get this over with. No, I don't care there are others.

JKSV for Switch has two modes. One uses user and game icons and a text menu only mode. These can be switched by pressing X on the user select screen.

There is an input guide in the bottom right corner for everything, with four exceptions:
    1. Pressing all 4 shoulder buttons will disable filtering and enable you to dump system save data that is able to be opened. You can't write anything back to it though.
    2. Holding L or R while selecting new for an output folder will auto-name it with the date retrieved from the system
    3. The keyboard can be controlled with a controller:
    • Y is backspace
    • B is cancel
    • Start is finished.
    4. Adv Mode:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

The keyboard has the characters ':' and '/'. No, you can't use them to name files. They are there so I can redirect paths without rebuilding the whole thing.

If there is any more explanation needed, don't be afraid to ask. I'm so used to using and testing it, I'm sure I forgot something.

Latest release.

Hayato213, hausa51, Xenosaiga and 7 others like this.
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    At the rate of save managers being developed for the Switch, we're gonna need a subforum dedicated for them.

ccprodigy likes this.
  3. greenDarkness555

greenDarkness555 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    This is awesome! JKSV has really advanced since it started it all on the 3ds.
    It even has a built in file explorer! And controller support for the keyboard!
    Looking forward to future updates.
    Thanks for all the great work JK!

4. Jigoku12

Jigoku12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    i've used your save manager on my switch but after i have backed up a save i cannot find it on my PC when i look into the SD card. How would i fix that? do i need to make a certain folder or am i just doing something completely wrong in the manager itself?

5. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Where are you looking? It uses "SD:/JKSV" like the original 3DS version. It used to save in the switch folder, but I was urged not to do this by a couple people.

Edit : If you happen to be one of the few that found it in the three months before this release, it might be "SD:/switch/.JKSV" and not show up for you. You can use Adv Mode to rename the folder. I wanted to hide it from the HB Menu, but didn't think about Mac or Linux users. I got a talkin to about that.

Last edited by JK_, Aug 30, 2018
  6. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Well, I just had yet another success story and confirmation from someone, so I feel pretty safe saying this. JKSV appears to be the only save manager that can actually handle Minecraft Bedrock saves without completely crashing your Switch.

Shadowfied and hausa51 like this.