Hacking JGecko U Setup Guide

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't you have to post the source code for public Github projects?
No, you don't have to. Also, you wouldn't contribute nor care to suggest improvement to any of the code anyway like all the 100s of people before which makes it pointless to make the source code available. We had this before and nobody did anything despite me asking multiple times. One of the reasons why it's removed now.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

wasser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm a new user to this and I was following your tutorial to the best of my ability, and I got to the part where you need to install TCP Gecko on the Wii U. I get to homebrew and TCP Gecko shows up, however, once I pressed the "load" button, the screen goes black and the system is unresponsive. Do I have the wrong files in the TCP Gecko folder (under apps)? I'm not really sure which files are supposed to be in that folder, besides the .elf file. Or could it be something else?

Deleted member 408660

Sqikz Sqikz
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey there, I'm a new user to this and I was following your tutorial to the best of my ability, and I got to the part where you need to install TCP Gecko on the Wii U. I get to homebrew and TCP Gecko shows up, however, once I pressed the "load" button, the screen goes black and the system is unresponsive. Do I have the wrong files in the TCP Gecko folder (under apps)? I'm not really sure which files are supposed to be in that folder, besides the .elf file. Or could it be something else?

wiiu/apps/TCPGecko
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/tcpgecko.elf
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/icon.png
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/meta.xml

wasser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/tcpgecko.elf
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/icon.png
wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/meta.xml
I have all of those. The screen goes black after I hit load on the TCP gecko app on the homebrew screen. Is it supposed to be version 2.2 of TCP gecko? (At least, according to the wii u homebrew screen)

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi BullyWiiPlaza. I have a problem with the old codehandler. My dumb friend clicked on update game titles but after that my codes don't work. Can you please help me?
That only updates the game titles so it will detect more (new) games. It doesn't break codes but there is no support for old versions anyway so download the newest ones.

GS-Zooka

Trophies
XP
Country
PLz Help me when i did it it came up with this message
Could not load file /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
trying to set up, i'm trying to make it work with splatoon, i have it connected to my wii u and i can't send codes. The prompt comes up for the codehandler and i install it, but jgecko is saying the codehandler isn't installed. i press x beforehand then i load my game and i can't send codes.
my game's physical incase that has anything to do with the process

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you get this working without using for games installed to a hdd because everything i have tried and other guides/tools the apps never connect to my wii u.

RetroGamerAndre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to the homebrew on the wii u, and I recently tried to do a code with J GeckoU and anytime I try to connect or use a code I get An error on both my wii u and computer. My wii u says Illegal command byte received: 0x84 Server Version: 02/25/17 and my computer gives me this error. Any help is appreciated. I tried to do this in the past with mario kart 8, it too did the same error
GeckoU Error for everything.PNG

senergy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is JGecko U?
It's a gecko cheating client & RAM Debugger for PC.

Why not just use TCP Gecko.NET?
  • JGecko U is written in Java and is platform-independent
  • JGecko U has a cheat code manager
  • JGecko U has less bugs
  • JGecko U has exclusively been written for the Wii U so no broken features
  • JGecko U is still in development
  • JGecko U works on every Wii U firmware alike
  • JGecko U has a remote procedure call tab
  • JGecko U has a few other unique features
Where can I see it in action?
Here.

Is there anything I have to install on my computer?
Yes, Java. Following this tutorial.

Great, how do I use JGecko U now?
Here is a video tutorial for setting up your SD Card and Wii U for using JGecko U:

Required download links:
Homebrew Launcher
TCP Gecko Installer <- You HAVE to use this one. If you don't and complain I will hit you :wink:
JGecko U

Your SD Card should contain the following files and folders:
Code:
wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/icon.png
wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.rpx
wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/meta.xml

wiiu/apps/tcpgecko/tcpgecko.elf
wiiu/apps/tcpgecko/icon.png
wiiu/apps/tcpgecko/meta.xml

The TCP Gecko files can all be downloaded from here.

NOTE:
I recommend using the updater for JGecko U and TCP Gecko (instead of collecting the files manually).

va4grhnj.png

Those two sites people are using that you suggested in this post https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/27398-gbatemp-net/426292-jgecko-u-setup-guide which are http://wj44.ml/k31/ and http://wj44.ml/py/ . Is there an offline version of this that can be self hosted in order to not have to go online? Also the latest JGeckoU doesn't connect for me on my Wii U 5.5.1 . I have to use an older version. Which is 5/13/2016 which works. Thanks!!

Last edited by senergy1,

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use JGecko U and click connect, I get message saying JGU does not match TCP gecko installer. Any help appreciated... :)

Update: I used the JGecko U updater and downloaded JGecko U and TCP Gecko. I ran JGecko U, connected to wii u while in Paper Mario Color Splash, and game crashed... Not sure what I am doing wrong... Help appreciated :)

Last edited by Skeet1983,

willebug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed your setup guide and get the errors in the attached photo. I have my firewall off. I am able to use other applications like saviine with no issues. I downloaded the most recent versions of both TCPGecko and J Gecko U from github. What am I missing?

Attachments

• j gecko.png
    j gecko.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 402

Boss69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey have you seen you're wii u ip address change? because mine just did and now i can't connect to JGecko U anymore. i did type in the the new ip but it still didn't work, here's the error if you need it

any way to fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 312

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone on here got this working, if so could you share your files because im thinking the ones im using must be the problem.

i dont get why jgecko lets me connect, detects the game i am playing and loads/downloads the codes but nothing happens when i write it to the console.

Boss69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii u ip keeps changing (the tcpgecko installer says my ip is different then normal) and jgecko u wont connect at all it just gives a error...then at some point in the day it changes back to the original ip and jgecko u connects just fine. i reformatted my sd card, changed out the wiiu folder and everything it still doesn't connect with this ip. any solutions?

PikaArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my wii u ip keeps changing (the tcpgecko installer says my ip is different then normal) and jgecko u wont connect at all it just gives a error...then at some point in the day it changes back to the original ip and jgecko u connects just fine. i reformatted my sd card, changed out the wiiu folder and everything it still doesn't connect with this ip. any solutions?
when you want to have all the time the same IP you need to set it in the wifi settings wifi settings>connections>your wifi > settings > IP Address

sry if i spelled some stuff wrong (im german)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...