luizgota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I promised my little relative a card for his DSi, and now have to make good on it.

Basically, he wants games and he especially wants cheat codes.

I've read the guide listing the advantages and dis of the popular cards, but I've also read that updates play an important role.

I've tried searching the forum for more recent info (2011) on choosing between the two cards but all threads are from 2009-10.

But it's May 2011 and maybe something changed, so here are my questions...

Which card has the cheat function enabled so that he can input cheats?
Which card supports more games?
What are the RPS and RPG functions, and will he be able to save a game if the card lacks the RPS function?
Which card has more/better updates?
Which card works faster and doesn't eat as much battery?

Anyway, if there is anything else I should know, please do explain.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luizgota said:
Hi everyone,

I promised my little relative a card for his DSi, and now have to make good on it.

Basically, he wants games and he especially wants cheat codes.

I've read the guide listing the advantages and dis of the popular cards, but I've also read that updates play an important role.

I've tried searching the forum for more recent info (2011) on choosing between the two cards but all threads are from 2009-10.

But it's May 2011 and maybe something changed, so here are my questions...

Which card has the cheat function enabled so that he can input cheats? Both
Which card supports more games? the AK2i
What are the RPS and RPG functions, and will he be able to save a game if the card lacks the RPS function? No such thing as RPS or RPG fucntions. I think you may mean RTS( Real Time Save) which means you can save anywhere in the game.
Which card has more/better updates? The AK2i by a long shot.

Which card works faster and doesn't eat as much battery? Both as basic flashcards i.e. they lack a CPU, so they shouldn't suck the battery too badly.

Anyway, if there is anything else I should know, please do explain.

For all that is good in the world, get the AK2. The M3 team have gone to shit.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This isn't even a question. M3i Zero is pure shit, the team is dead and hasn't updated in forever. Honestly do the world a favor and buy an Acekard 2i and no in a few months this won't change, the Acekard 2i will always be in first place in this race.

luizgota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks a lot for the fast replies guys. Definitely discarding the M3i (pardon the pun) from my choice then.

Does AK2i support cheats?

Any other card recommendations besides AK2i?

Thanks a LOT!!

luizgota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that DSTWO is a good card, any thoughts on that? I'm not looking for any fancy things like skins, etc that don't matter.

All I'm looking for that is a MUST are : cheat codes enabler / plays fast / plays most roms / easy to operate.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Catboy said:
This isn't even a question. M3i Zero is pure shit, the team is dead and hasn't updated in forever. Honestly do the world a favor and buy an Acekard 2i and no in a few months this won't change, the Acekard 2i will always be in first place in this race.

If yesterday is forever, I'd hate to see how long a week is.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MasterPenguin said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:

If yesterday is forever, I'd hate to see how long a week is.

After months with lack of support, it's not hard to predict where things are going.

luizgota said:
Wow, thanks a lot for the fast replies guys. Definitely discarding the M3i (pardon the pun) from my choice then.

Does AK2i support cheats? Yes it does, that's standard in all flashcards

Any other card recommendations besides AK2i? Supercard Two

Thanks a LOT!!

QUOTE(luizgota @ May 17 2011, 01:32 PM)
I've read that DSTWO is a good card, any thoughts on that? I'm not looking for any fancy things like skins, etc that don't matter.

All I'm looking for that is a MUST are : cheat codes enabler / plays fast / plays most roms / easy to operate.
It's the best card on the market, it has RTS, RTG, Free Cheat, GBA and SNES emulation, Movies and music compatibility, and countless other features, if you have the money, go for the DSTwo

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Quite simply get the Acekard 2i. The SuperCard DSTWO is a lot more money, and if this is for a 'little relative', I wouldn't bother with the features, as he/she will most likely not use any/many of the features (SNES+GBA emulation for example.)

luizgota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the assistance guys!

Yeah, I got him the AK2i. I figured he won't have use for all the advanced features and would only give me a headache to have to explain and walk him through all of them.

Quick question... are the DS ROM files that are playable on Emulators, also playable on the DSi itself? Or are these separate?

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
There's only really one type of DS rom as far as I know, so if it runs within an emulator and the version of AKAIO you're running supports the rom, then it should work.

You are using AKAIO, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1