I didn't do anything different...

mugenk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for the patch, i make it works after some test

you can't patch it from the 'desktop'. i got the same error as others members. try to put the folder with the patcher into C:\ or another hard drive.

work well on R4

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wait i am confused is the patch complete i thought it was only 10 % done the thing is just downloaded from this thread has the patch what is in the thing i just downloaded ?
frown.gif

Edit: i got it now it is just a pre patch to show how it is coming along, but i still cant get the patcher to work.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news everyone, I've got another translator! I'm going to talk to Riku about dividing up the script, but this is awesome news as it means we can get it translated much, much faster.

I'm still confused about how the patcher seems to work randomly, I've tried it from different directories, different drives, everything and not once has it failed me...

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran the patcher once. it seemed to work. - the things were translated but it froze at the part where you hit Scan to look at the stuff...

i tried patching again, but this time it failed somehow..

>.> its not much to ask is it too much to use a patcher where you dont drag and drop the rom? i have to boot up into windows so that i could drop it in... makes it a pain for people who use different operating system...

i will try again tomorrow...

but for the few lines that worked - it looked great

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is drag n drop.... What OS are you using anyway? It's not my fault you're not using the most popular operating system on the planet.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must say that this is a great patch. I have played through the first day but stopped when I couldn't read it anymore. Is that how far the translation has progressed or is this just an alpha patch or something?

mugenk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is drag n drop.... What OS are you using anyway? It's not my fault you're not using the most popular operating system on the planet.

which OS you're using? :wtf: i'm on XP and it works well
tongue.gif
thank you

i only got the problem when the patcher was on my 'desktop', so i think people were using your patch on the desktop. i tried on 2 of my hard drive, and it worked perfectly, try again on desktop and fail again

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Actually i found the reason it didn't work for me, i tried patching and as the rom was being patched i did other things with my PC and the patched rom was like 80 megabytes so i tried it again without touching the PC as long as it was patching and voila! It now works. Thanks! Btw how long is the translation? 1st day only?

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o.O ... got it to work after multiple errors

anyways, i believe it wont work if you have very low disk space...

i tried, it came out 119 megabytes (the UNPACK still had Sound.sdat) then again, 80 megabytes, then 50 megabytes, then 72 megabytes

moved it to another drive... and it was 120 ... and it works... (or at least go further than that last point)

---

and i'm using linux mint (ubuntu based) as my primary os...

usually wine is good enough to use Windows Applications but not when they have to Drag and Drop...

---

yaynds.gif
for the semi translated Its A Wonderful World!

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it requires at least 3 times the amount of disk space as the original rom, so make sure you have space before patching!

I'm glad you like my efforts, look forward to the improved version when the translation is finished ;-)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much rmco2003! How many days are in the game (w/o any spoilers of course) isn't it a few weeks/month?

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
jesterscourt Posted Today, 08:33 PM
 Thank you so much rmco2003! How many days are in the game (w/o any spoilers of course) isn't it a few weeks/month?
7 Days I beleive.

I'm getting weird outputs with the patcher. I have a clean rom, and I'm feeding it through. First time I got some error "nilobject" or something, then I read dslazy doesn't accept spaces, so I fixed that. Now when I run it through it says patch successful, yet it output a 61MB rom. So I tried again, this time I got 49MB. Tried one more time 90MB. Using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8