Hacking iTouch/M3 Sakura Dual Boot for iTouch

Did you like this Dual Boot for the iTouch?

• Yeah, it's alright..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont like it one bit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ImmoralFlame said:
I know, but my MicroSD keeps unformatting itself >_< I think it's just a crappy card. I have to press Y to make it boot up and even then I only get a ~1/4 success ratio. What's a good brand of card?
For regular (non-SDHC) cards the Kingston ones from Japan are really good. For SDHC, I think A-Data was the favorable brand.

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
Why does it says a fatal error has occurred , the displayed filesize and the actual filesize are diffrent. Recovery method back up all files to a hard disk , and place them back after formating the c(and then it dont shows more)

what should I do

tKo HaXoR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i tried it my old sandisk 1 gb and it works fine.. you could try another card, but first try the iTouch v2.0 loader to see if it functions properly by itself. I will upload an update soon
smile.gif

ImmoralFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the normal iTouch 2.0 Firmware I had like a ~1/10 success ratio. According to the Wiki article on SD cards, cards larger then 1Gig may have problems with things not compatable with SD 1.01. So either my card is just faulty (?Likely due to purchase at Wal-Mart), or too large. *shrugs* 1/4 is fine for now, as long as it doesn't keep having to be reformatted.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can I update to 2.1 by merely replacing the iTouch folder (leaving the old boot.eng intact) or does this need to be recompiled?

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. Y'all rule. It's not even for me anymore. It's for my wife's friend (I sold her my 2 iTouch DS with 4GB microSDHC each loaded with games for $100). Since I sold those cards, her other friends have been asking me for cards, too.

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working o n a new release with iTouch firmware V2.1 and all of TKO-Haxor's (useless) additions (well the cheat.db is necessary, I suppose). I should have it churned out within the hour.

Also, the firmware doesn't update with a folder replacement. It requires an update of the defaulty.nds which is what I am now working on.

Victory! Rapidshare I decided not to change anything filename wise, since Tko likes being a credit hog. I don't mind
laugh.gif

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that this is the latest version of hacked Sakura. Period. There hasn't been a new one in months.

I have been pressed for time lately and haven't even had the chance to upload this to my DS (which has a broken hinge now D:). But 2.1 probably just has some game fixes and the like, nothing major. I may be wrong though.

L

lilkerv90210

does anyone know when the next update of this is i mean with the new m3 sakura firmware

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Leb said:
I'm working o n a new release with iTouch firmware V2.1 and all of TKO-Haxor's (useless) additions (well the cheat.db is necessary, I suppose). I should have it churned out within the hour.

Also, the firmware doesn't update with a folder replacement. It requires an update of the defaulty.nds which is what I am now working on.

Victory! Rapidshare I decided not to change anything filename wise, since Tko likes being a credit hog. I don't mind
laugh.gif

Thanks very much for sharing and your dedicated hard work.

plused

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Hope this theard will be sticky.. T__T it's so help me out and another people have the itouch ds..

btw I request.. update the M3 sakura please
tongue.gif
now it's FW 12.1 unofficial english >.< it;s support soft reset >.<
Thx a alot...

Tristan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
Sakura 12.1+1 Discussion

Warning 1: First time playing and trying to understand so may not be accurate

So in the dual release we have both Boot.eng and DefaultY, what does that give us? Boot.eng is not standard itouch or sakura yet this is our booting system from my understanding. and the DefaultY defines what happens when you boot up holding the Y key [boots iTouch]

Anyways onto the point of this post, as was mentioned updating iTouch the last time was a delete and replace method.
Updating this time to Sakura 12.1+1 the same? sure lets try it.[*]Downloaded M3 Sakura 1.12_1 Region-Free from gbatemp[*] Renamed SYSTEM to System since our Boot.eng is probably hard coded to paths and names.[*] Renamed m3sakura to M3Sakura, again just to remove hard coded naming issues if any.[*] Deleted language dir since I like pictures and not in passed release.[*] Deleted cheats dir since cheats.db is in dir so not sure why cheat dir is there.[*]Backuped my System dir from flash card.[*]Copied just the System dir from this 1.12_1 Region-Free verion to flash card.[*]Boot.Setup Sakura screen.. with nice white gui.

Looking good to this point.

Test one. Mario Kart loaded and played.
Test Two. Changed a cheat for Mario Kart, and it saved and automatically loaded Mario Kart. My old version would say saved-please shut down.
Test Three. Soft Reboot from in game - I think this is what others want from this release.. yet this failed for me. I turned it on yet when I would try soft rebooting Mario Kart it looked like it would try to do it yet would lock the screen.
frown.gif
sorry

----
If you are going to update Sakura in this fashion, you may also want to go into M3Sakura/launch and delete any added apps you don't want.. In the dual release only Moonshell is there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think