Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm technically taking a year off from school. I volunteer, keep up with a part time job, go to a "high school for failures" to upgrade some marks, and I signed up for a gym membership last month. I try to save money, so I walk to my gym, job, etc. Besides the school, they're all in the same area. Yet getting to any of the three places will take at least an hour and 20 minutes of walking. Good for my body.

I got accepted in one University, but it was my secondary choice. General Arts, if you're interested in knowing. My parents were fully against it, so I just decided to go to an adult education center, upgrade some marks, and hopefully get into a place for Nursing LPN.

I used to be about 210 pounds. Went to South Korea during the summer and came back with 10 more pounds added onto that. Over there, I was the most fat human being around. People wouldn't stop badgering me about it. Like, quite literally, tell me that they have never seen anyone as fat as I am. The moment I got back, my mother would just complain about my weight. To tell you the truth, I believe she may be showing a very early symptom of Altzhimers. She repeatedly told me that I needed to lose weight. Perhaps even as often as 3 times per hour. She had no recollection of telling me that.

I'm really REALLY sensitive about my body. Then, why didn't I lose the weight? Well, let me tell you what I already did beforehand. I didn't drink soda/pop, I never ate fast food, I played pretty much every sport. Joined a few teams back a couple of years ago, and played basketball everyday for a few hours in grade 8-10. Never lost any weight. None. My diet was a mix of Western and Eastern back then. But now...

Since I joined the gym, I've been getting some help from a professional trainer on just about everything I do. Now my diet consists of high protein and low carb. I lost 12 pounds since September, and I should be losing at least 10 pounds a month if I keep it up. Oatmeal every morning, and a mixture of greens and lean meat for dinner. Lunch is varied. It feels great to be losing weight. I try to cook the food myself. The only thing that really needs cooking is chicken breasts, but I'm trying to add new things to spice up the flavor. Of course, I have to avoid things like dressings, and just sauces in general.

It doesn't keep my mother off my back though. She's far worse about it now, actually. She can't stop asking me about how much I lost, and annoyingly, she tells me that it emotionally pains her to see me eat. It makes me angry inside. No matter how many times I mention how it's very annoying, she doesn't bother to stop.

I eat quite a bit sure, but a few of my friends are far worse. They eat junk food, things loaded with sugar, and the like pretty much daily. I avoided that for who knows how long. Yet, due to their insane metabolism, they're less than 140 pounds. A friend of mine eats about 20-30 dollars of food per meal. 6-8 if he cooked it himself. He doesn't work out, doesn't play sports, etc. HOWEVER, he is lactose intolerant, and hates sugary products. But he still eats an insane amount. Not just lean meats, but just anything he gets his hands on. Only about 140 pounds.

Beat Demon's Souls a couple days ago. It certainly isn't as hard as people make it out to be. I died like 10 times in each stage, but I get farther every time. A big majority of the bosses were pushovers. Fantastic atmosphere, great music, well-designed levels, and doesn't really like to hold your hand. Spent 30 hours into it in less than 2 weeks. The last time I was so addicted was Catherine, but that only took me 4 days to beat once. I don't feel like playing any video games now.

Selling all my Wii games. Trauma Center, Muramasa, Little King's Story, Fragile Dreams:FWROTM, The Sky Crawlers, Trauma Team, Sin & Punishment 2, MadWorld, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I bought the Wii last year, thinking it would be a great purchase. Nope. It was certainly a bad purchase.

I've started reading more as well. Currently reading War and Peace, Freakonomics, and will get into a few more books shortly enough.

Shadows of the Damned OST, signed by Akira Yamaoka has arrived! What a wonderful feeling!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know what you mean...I'm overweight, and I have a friend who eats WAY more than I do, and most of the time, less healthier than I do. He plays video games just as much as I do, doesn't play sports, etc...Yet he's like 120 pounds, taller than me, etc. I don't want to say it's unfair, as I haven't put much effort into losing weight, but I just wish I had a fast metabolism like my friend does.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've been wanting to join a gym but the SAP in me says no. I don't think I'm that bad, not noticeably overweight but I think I could do with loosing some pounds.

Also Shadows of the Damned? I've been playing through that, the voice acting is pretty awesome. Got to the Big Boner chapter and was all like WELP. Honestly I wasn't expecting walking on his half naked girlfriend while she shoves her fingers down her mouth (what's even more funny and ew is that my Mum bought this game for me). I haven't got any further, it's been backlogged while I play some other games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering where our last beacon of hope on GBAtemp was. Have you been around and I've just missed you or have you been gone for a while?

And sometimes all you need is a change of pace to get back on track.

I also dropped soda (mainly to bring down my sodium intake or something) and switched to Snapple and other drinks (there's like carbonated fruit drinks that are pretty good and low in sodium). Actually dropped maybe 5 pounds doing that and I wasn't expecting to lose weight either.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You certainly have my sympathies. Last year, I also decided to lose some weight and went on a kind of extreme diet (Cut out all junk food and began seriously working out); I've managed to drop 60 pounds.

I'm not going to lie, it's a difficult process. It is arduous, trying, and sometimes, the temptation to just quit can be difficult to resist. But don't worry; it can be done, and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it is worth it.

If I can do it, you should be fine.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
prowler_ said:
I've been wanting to join a gym but the SAP in me says no. I don't think I'm that bad, not noticeably overweight but I think I could do with loosing some pounds.

Also Shadows of the Damned? I've been playing through that, the voice acting is pretty awesome. Got to the Big Boner chapter and was all like WELP. Honestly I wasn't expecting walking on his half naked girlfriend while she shoves her fingers down her mouth (what's even more funny and ew is that my Mum bought this game for me). I haven't got any further, it's been backlogged while I play some other games.

Nah, don't be like that. I'm pretty insecure about a ton of shit, but don't let that pull you down. Joining the gym has been few of the best decisions I've made in the last little while.

As for Shadows of the Damned, yeah, I actually wasn't expecting on seeing that either. I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK?". Still, the big boner part was funny the first time. Not so much a couple times later.

Guild McCommunist said:
I was wondering where our last beacon of hope on GBAtemp was. Have you been around and I've just missed you or have you been gone for a while?

And sometimes all you need is a change of pace to get back on track.

I also dropped soda (mainly to bring down my sodium intake or something) and switched to Snapple and other drinks (there's like carbonated fruit drinks that are pretty good and low in sodium). Actually dropped maybe 5 pounds doing that and I wasn't expecting to lose weight either.

Haha, thanks. Nobody saw me for a little while. I tried to ignore the place for a few months because some of the stupid posts made me go bananas.

QUOTE(Gahars @ Oct 4 2011, 03:46 PM)
You certainly have my sympathies. Last year, I also decided to lose some weight and went on a kind of extreme diet (Cut out all junk food and began seriously working out); I've managed to drop 60 pounds.

I'm not going to lie, it's a difficult process. It is arduous, trying, and sometimes, the temptation to just quit can be difficult to resist. But don't worry; it can be done, and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it is worth it.

If I can do it, you should be fine.

Thanks dude, really do appreciate the comment. It's been a month, and my motivation to get farther is only increasing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?