It is just me or they are try to scare us about sun expand?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay. Where to begin.

The first primates on Earth emerged about 65 million years ago. Modern humans have evolved from the so-called "Archaic Homo Sapiens" about 200,000 years ago. The end of the Earth date proposed here is 2.25 billion years away

This means that between now and the end of the world, it's entirely likely that another animal family will ascend into sentience 34.41 times before the world ends (2.25 billion divided by 65 million), that is if apes don't take over the planet eleven thousand two hundred fifty times (2.25 billion divided by 200 thousand).

...I think your worries are premature - don't be afraid of the end of the world, keep a close eye on your cat... it may be plotting an uprising... :unsure:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeahhhh, I'm not really afraid of something that happens 2.25 billion years after I die. I think I will sleep comfortably tonight and the rest of my life knowing the sun won't eat our planet any time in my life.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like to note that we're going to fry like bacon strips long before the sun expands to the point where it would cause the planet itself any harm - our demise will come far earlier than in 2.25 billion years if we don't colonize other planets ...which is perfectly fine because we literally have millions of years to prepare for that, provided we won't be killed off by natural disasters or disease which are our much more pressing concerns.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could easily pull in the environmental ethics debate and say that the world would end a lot sooner due to the way that mankind has been harvesting natural resources, but I'd like to keep my integrity in one piece. :P

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I still have a few seats left on the spaceship.
(Ass, gas, or grass.. nobody rides for free.)

I can provide the first one :creep:
I have the winning
Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system