Hacking it is a solution to patch game ?

bitonio6

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
1,801
Trophies
0
XP
47
Country
Swaziland
Hello...

if someone understand japanese...

Maybe he can explain what is that -> http://taka.ldblog.jp/archives/51580423.html

ninja.gif
 

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
4,134
Trophies
1
Age
56
Location
Sitting by computer
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
1,273
Country
Have you tried a 'Google translate' - it might give you a better idea to what it actually saying

Seems like it's referring to something called 'Openpatch' - but what games it actually patches I can't seem to see on the page

EDIT: Ahhh it seems all this is is a program that help apply Hex patches to game to bypass protection
QUOTE said:
Open Patch is a tool shared on 2ch that helps users to apply hex edit fixes to remove protection on ROMs (predominantly but not limited to Japanese ROMs). You may notice on a lot of the release threads that a hex edit gets posted before a patch. Despite how easy it is to manually edit ROMs in a hex editor people still manage to get stuck.

This is where Open Patch can save you a bit of time. It looks for a CRC32 match from a text file, and then edits the ROM from the information given inside. Anyone can update the Gamelist.txt to add a new fix. All you'll need to do is copy paste a hex fix into the text file and then drag & drop the ROM onto the exe.
 

bitonio6

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
1,801
Trophies
0
XP
47
Country
Swaziland
CannonFoddr said:
Have you tried a 'Google translate' - it might give you a better idea to what it actually saying

Seems like it's referring to something called 'Openpatch' - but what games it actually patches I can't seem to see on the page

EDIT: Ahhh it seems all this is is a program that help apply Hex patches to game to bypass protection
QUOTE said:
Open Patch is a tool shared on 2ch that helps users to apply hex edit fixes to remove protection on ROMs (predominantly but not limited to Japanese ROMs). You may notice on a lot of the release threads that a hex edit gets posted before a patch. Despite how easy it is to manually edit ROMs in a hex editor people still manage to get stuck.

This is where Open Patch can save you a bit of time. It looks for a CRC32 match from a text file, and then edits the ROM from the information given inside. Anyone can update the Gamelist.txt to add a new fix. All you'll need to do is copy paste a hex fix into the text file and then drag & drop the ROM onto the exe.
i search about all of that, because i imagine, retro not do this alone,
he found the tools for it and this the reason why he never share this info with us!
 

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
3,799
Trophies
0
Age
110
Location
Away from civilization.
XP
798
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
i search about all of that, because i imagine, retro not do this alone,
he found the tools for it and this the reason why he never share this info with us!

For God's sakes, stop with the drama.
He's not sharing it because of people still being disrespectful even though they need his help.
Now will you please stop with the whining, Bunie's trying to figure it out for all of you and you're not helping him by throwing bullcrap at retro.
 

shamiko_

~
Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
1,757
Trophies
1
Age
27
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
308
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
bitonio6 said:
i search about all of that, because i imagine, retro not do this alone,
he found the tools for it and this the reason why he never share this info with us!

For God's sakes, stop with the drama.
He's not sharing it because of people still being disrespectful even though they need his help.
Now will you please stop with the whining, Bunie's trying to figure it our for all of you and you're not helping him by throwing bullcrap at retro.

i think it's retro thats throwing bullcrap at bunie

explain
QUOTE(retrogamefan @ Nov 26 2010, 07:23 AM)
LOL, a valiant attempt I guess Bunie....but then again anyone can copy and paste something! So that's nowhere near understanding how extinfo works! And just so you know, you are missing 2 offsets in extinfo as more AP data has been found for Mario vs Donkey Kong MiniLand Mayhem (U)
ohmy.gif


Now, isn't it interesting that I can reply without slandering anyone!!!!
 

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
3,799
Trophies
0
Age
110
Location
Away from civilization.
XP
798
Country
United States
Was he or was he not helping him? I guess telling him he had two things wrong was just him being a douche, right?
They both were attacking each other, so what's the big difference?
Stirring up more drama is not how you get help, that's decreasing the already slim chances.
Leave it as water under the damn bridge.
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Bbl and/or good night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok still here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    goodnight
  • H @ HeroYthalo:
    Good Night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Joyous occasion - I've finished two bottles of hot sauce over the past two days
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is a new toilet in your shopping cart now?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I already have GI issues hot sauce doesn't make them any worse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gut thinks it's normal to poo 4/7 times of the week tbf
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob from all the poundings you getting from ancient boi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that why your guts been messed up also?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still laughing bout when Veho ask other day how many people live in Michigan, and you said 1 white dude.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't remember what I did yesterday
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And that's why you backed up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I regret giving birth to you
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BeSt turd you ever shit out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is that Metro any good?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gave up after two chemo dogs jumped me
    +1
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    My favorite part about filing taxes is that I always either owe a disportionate amount of money or get literally pennies back.
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    And I make under 30k a year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just sit in jail
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    If it was a option just to go to jail for month as opposed to filing taxes I might be tempted, jail ain't that bad atleast in the us.
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    You just go in for a month and come out with no fines or having to pay them anyway, I would be down.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2468610/The_Night_Shift/