Hardware Homebrew About building the Ultimate DS: JumboTron DS

BattleLegendRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you heard of the JumboTron DS? It's an amazing modification made by a Japanese guy posted on Youtube a long time ago, in the video description there's a link that doesn't work anymore (but thanks to the Internet Archive we can see the content) that shows the step by step of how to make a GIANT DS AND FUNCTIONAL, being able to even take screenshots of the game (I don't remember if it is possible to record the screen, I think so), and years later they discover that it is possible to play DS on the TV by soldering something on the board, it would be this old project of a Japanese to solution to record gameplay directly from the console? I would love for someone to translate the walkthrough on his website so I can try it on my console too!

You can take a look at the JumboTron in this video here:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is possible to play DS on the TV by soldering something on the board
No, that's a relatively recent discovery that only applies to the DS Lite and only outputs one screen at any time...

This is a rather made-for-purpose setup (two scalers, one for each screen - I doubt there are many off-the-shelf laptop monitors with DPI input + ability to sync to DS scan rates + builtin scaler; and another comparable rig for the touchscreen - a traditional inductive tablet pen has nothing to do with the DS series' resistive touchscreen)

Of course if you don't need touch input you can just get a developer unit:
83wzdgi7bhc51.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto