ROM Hack Issue with SXOS and Skyrim Mod (LayeredFS?)

dataslanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Note: this is SX OS 2.3 beta, layeredfs should be fine)

I am attempting to use the layeredfs functionality to load custom mods on Skyrim. I am using tried, tested converted Skyrim Special Edition PC mods to Switch and they are confirmed working on the Switch. However, despite the .ini files being placed in the correct place (sxos/titles/01000A10041EA000/romfs) and the mod files/textures/etc in the Data/ sub-folder within that romfs folder, they do not seem to be loading.

The .ini files are confirmed correct from the 'pristine' folder of the NX Skyrim Toolkit project on Github and the mods are from the Nexus Mods website under the Skyrim Nintendo Switch (NX) area. Again, the mods are confirmed working.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm assuming the SX OS is using the 'sxos' folder as some kind of special directory (for layeredfs?) as I cannot access it as a normal directory via the FTP server and instead it shows as a 0-byte file; however, when I mount the micro-SD card on my computer the sxos directory appears as normal.

Reactions: clgrover

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(Note: this is SX OS 2.3 beta, layeredfs should be fine)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm assuming the SX OS is using the 'sxos' folder as some kind of special directory (for layeredfs?) as I cannot access it as a normal directory via the FTP server and instead it shows as a 0-byte file; however, when I mount the micro-SD card on my computer the sxos directory appears as normal.
You have archive bit on sxos folder. Just remove it from pc or with ftp remove the "file" and create the sxos folder and transfer the titles folder with the mod.

dataslanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the folder, re-created it, and it appears as a file again on the FTP client (multiple FTP clients, mind you); however, I was still able to change into the directory. I re-created the file directory structure with a SINGLE module, the "Great Cities" module with the overhaul of cities like Winterhold which will be immediately obvious once I enter the game and fast-travel to it, and yet I still cannot get any of these modules to load. I used the NX Skyrim Toolkit to create either multi-mod load files or a single mod load file, confirmed the files were in the .inis and in the Data/ folder and the names match, and yet it is still not loading.

What am I doing wrong here? I have re-formatted the partition as exFat numerous times and re-created the file directory structure, as /sxos/titles/01000A10041EA000/romfs (and Data/ in romfs), with that capitalization, and still it will not load.

UPDATE:

After re-creating (again) the /sxos folder via FTP and entering it and re-creating the file structure and uploading the files, I got a mod to successfully load. There is something about creating the 'sxos' directory on the computer and then placing the SD card into the device, apparently. I am not sure what it is (I will report it to TX).

Thanks for the advice.

-dataslanger

Last edited by dataslanger,
Reactions: mikah7

dataslanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you are using Mac, if so open terminal and run
sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDCardName
Thanks, but same was happening on Windows. Got this resolved thru creating on the FTP, entering the directory manually (it still created as a 'file'), creating the file structure and then everything worked properly and the /sxos directory appears as a directory.

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SX's stolen the latest layeredfs from Atmosphere. So there won't be any issues itself but on your side.
So when SX includes functionality from an open-source project it's 'stealing', but when you download licensed games it's 'pirating'. Ok then.

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FYI when you create the sxos folder (or any other) on your pc right click on it and go to properties then make sure that "archive" flag is not checked otherwise the switch will see that folder as a file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740