ROM Hack Skyrim mod trouble

sephiawind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so im not put any mod into ccc file, and stay with ini from now. I already tried put the bsa file with empty esp method and load it with ccc, doesnt work. it only work with ini file

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im not put any mod into ccc file, and stay with ini from now. I already tried put the bsa file with empty esp method and load it with ccc, doesnt work. it only work with ini file
I've received help from the nx discord channel. Apparently with the ccc file you need to have all bsas unpacked and packaged together into 1 bsa that's named the same as the esp

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any recommendation web download beside nexus ? for nintendo switch ?
I've grabbed SSE pc mods from the nexus and converted them using the toolkit. The only other place I even know of that hosts skyrim mods is an adult oriented site and I wouldn't even know if those mods work

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As said in the rentry tutorial, if you list "YOURMOD.esp" in your ccc file (or esm/esl), then both "YOURMOD.bsa" and "YOURMOD - Textures.bsa" will be automatically loaded by the console without need to list them in any ini file (just like on PC, indeed). If it doesnt work then your bsa archives are probably defective for various possible reasons.

However, if you have any bsa archive named "YOURMOD - ANY OTHER THING.bsa" then it won't be loaded automatically and will still require being listed in your ini file.

That's why the general good practice is to pack only 1 "YOURMOD.bsa" whole and only archive with everything embedded in it, and (even more important) absolutely NO compression parameter.

You should also keep in mind that BIG bsa archives (IDK what is the exact limit) will drastically increase your loading time, and even fail to load. That's probably why on XBox series there's a mentioned 1gb (maybe 2gb now) limit EXPLICITLY mentioned. On switch, we don't know where is the exact limit as it's just supposed to not being possible/supported at all...

SoranVinaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said in the rentry tutorial, if you list "YOURMOD.esp" in your ccc file (or esm/esl), then both "YOURMOD.bsa" and "YOURMOD - Textures.bsa" will be automatically loaded by the console without need to list them in any ini file (just like on PC, indeed). If it doesnt work then your bsa archives are probably defective for various possible reasons.

However, if you have any bsa archive named "YOURMOD - ANY OTHER THING.bsa" then it won't be loaded automatically and will still require being listed in your ini file.

That's why the general good practice is to pack only 1 "YOURMOD.bsa" whole and only archive with everything embedded in it, and (even more important) absolutely NO compression parameter.

You should also keep in mind that BIG bsa archives (IDK what is the exact limit) will drastically increase your loading time, and even fail to load. That's probably why on XBox series there's a mentioned 1gb (maybe 2gb now) limit EXPLICITLY mentioned. On switch, we don't know where is the exact limit as it's just supposed to not being possible/supported at all...
Fallout 4 has a 2GB limit on mods, Skyrim has 5GB on Xbox. Pretty sure PS is the one with the 1 or 2 GB limit and those also are required to use vanilla assets only

WiduraGoez

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dont find the "BSA_Merge.bat" in the Skyrim-NX-Toolkit v2.7.0 Taking Care of Business-2-2-7-0-1573422625....can anyone help?

ryusa12

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It looks correct. AFAIR, on the latest Switch update there is no warning telling you that using mods can cause problems/instabilities like on PC or Xbox, because it is supposed to be unavailable...

Your ccc file should contain ONLY your active mods list. Here's mine.

You can notice that I chose to keep only the 4 free CC content (I deleted all 68 others) and that there is no '*' character anymore before each listed plugin.
Sorry sir, can I ask for a file?skyrim_aoc.ccc The original one.I mean the ones that still have anniversary content in them ,Can I get it from you?I don't have a switch console and I played it on Yuzu.So it's hard to get that file

ryusa12

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry sir, can I ask for a file?skyrim_aoc.ccc The original one.I mean the ones that still have anniversary content in them ,Can I get it from you?I don't have a switch console and I played it on Yuzu.So it's hard to get that file

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't share original game files here for obvious legal concerns.
All I can tell to help you is that the Rentry Guide should be your gospel regarding Skyrim modding on switch, and that the second line below "Game File Extraction" should point you to the exact thing you are looking for...

xzilla54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask here if anyone has the files that the Rentry guide refers to at the game file extraction step. The link seems to lead to an empty google drive folder now so I wanted to ask here if anyone has the appropriate files. I am on firmware 17.0.0 if that matters and have it on anniversary edition. Any help would be heavily appreciated!

ram_os86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask here if anyone has the files that the Rentry guide refers to at the game file extraction step. The link seems to lead to an empty google drive folder now so I wanted to ask here if anyone has the appropriate files. I am on firmware 17.0.0 if that matters and have it on anniversary edition. Any help would be heavily appreciated!
Use the DBI tool. Mount as MTP drive and copy the files you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots