Hacking Isn't it the time to give Loadiine some love?

valenparra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Loadiine with USB FAT32 and online gaming support would be great!!
But it's true I have always had the console to freeze in black screen when closing one game and attempting to open another one. The workaround I found for that is turning off the console and turning it on again to load another game. If that problem is also fixed with a new version with USB and online gaming support that would be just perfect!! Thumbs up for this petition thread!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it's true I have always had the console to freeze in black screen when closing one game and attempting to open another one. The workaround I found for that is turning off the console and turning it on again to load another game. If that problem is also fixed with a new version with USB and online gaming support that would be just perfect!! Thumbs up for this petition thread!
that is not a problem as such it's more to do with how loadiine works when you exit out of a game don't load loadiine through the internet goto mii maker and load that and loadiine will load again letting you select another game.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Dev's will write software at their own discretion. Pretty sure they don't give a fuck about some 'petition' on gba. LOL @ a petition to influence software creation!

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no interest in the steps needed to use the brazilian method (needing tickets and things like rednand is not worth the hassle). Loadiine is the only current method I will bother with. usb support would be a great boon.
You don't need rednand for the Brazilian method. You can use the wiiu usb helper application and a full ticket archive from "that iso site" and then just install them to usb or nand using wupinstaller mod. If you wnat eshop or dlc support you can use cfwbooter and a fw.img file placed on the root of your sd card to boot sysnand with sig patches and if you 're willing to buy a random DS game you can get easier access with a homebrew channel or even coldboot for the sigpatches. Things are significantly easier than they were before.

That said loadiine isn't useless and honestly it IS easier. I would like to see it with USB support because makes modding games and installing custom VCs very easy.

Last edited by Daggot,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Guys. This is very unconventional. It's a bad method of loading games because of what we have now. If you all want it so much, build it. We've already made all of tools to make Loadiine games installable. No one is going to work on a obsolete homebrew.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Loadiine = his first baby, so I just thought don't let it die since a lot people still love it. That is all!!

Alot of us also don't have a lot skills with installing CFW and doing all that stuff that always have that famous "Ghost step" hence you see bricking and problems, so we like the smallest simple solutions.

Fine, I am not the OP but I was out a line, first time I feel like crap in this forums geez!

The point is everybody jumps on the cfw band wagon. You dont even need a cfw to play games. Just because it exists doesnt mean you have to use it.

Reactions: AmandaRose

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no reason to keep loadiine alive... the only thing that we "miss" on the current state is a homebrew that would load "patch" to mod games on the fly to forget totally about the crappy game loader that loadiine was... its was usefull, but it was crap... loading times, compatibility, SD ONLY, not as "on the go"as downloading from NUS and install your game... ect ect.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Then ask for a tool that can do what Loadiine did in that aspect. Dragging Loadiine in it's entirety would be a waste of energy. Edit it, then use NUSPacker, and install it. Again, if you guys honestly want it so bad. Build it yourself. It's not as easy as just compiling it as RPX, or running it through WUT. It would need to be recoded a shit ton.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
While I wish to see one day loadiine and other tools using external hard drive instead of SD card, please stop telling developers what to do. we don't want Dimok pissed off. All what we users can do is to make suggestions and requests for developers, without interfering with their own decisions on what to make on their free time

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no interest in the steps needed to use the brazilian method (needing tickets and things like rednand is not worth the hassle). Loadiine is the only current method I will bother with. usb support would be a great boon.
Hassle?

Step 1: get the game on the sd card
step 2: run a sigpatcher
step 3: press install
step 4: D O N E

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
It'd be nice to have, it's just a unconventional method. You guys need to move it to a different direction. Loadiine now would take too much effort. It would be a better idea to make something different that would give you your online compatibility and such; that is if you absolutely need Loadiine's "features".

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and I should add. Even though it's not a final list and it could be taken out one of the planned features of Frappuccino CFW is to make loadiine an installable channel. If most devs refuse to work on loadiine at least there exists a chance of some development.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and I should add. Even though it's not a final list and it could be taken out one of the planned features of Frappuccino CFW is to make loadiine an installable channel. If most devs refuse to work on it at least there exists a chance of some development.
yeah dont take anything frappuccino says to be true, there isnt even a working rpx build of loadiine right now, unless the dev REALLY wants loadiine installable, it wont happen.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
yeah dont take anything frappuccino says to be true, there isnt even a working rpx build of loadiine right now, unless the dev REALLY wants loadiine installable, it wont happen.
Yeah. I don't think he understands what it'd take to do Loadiine as a rpx. And he's releasing on Christmas. So lmao

Reactions: ItsKipz

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not entirely sure if you are trying to be sarcastic/funny/ or serious whatever it is you failed miserably. You also have totally missed the point in why a installable loadiine is useful to people.

1. copy and paste games no fucking about with installing shit

2. why easier to use for modified wiiu games ie uncensored games or language patches ect

3. why easier to use for injected vc games

4. support for non nintendo controllers

and many more features and in regards some of your other comments we want a version that supports USB storage but if that is not possible we are fine with sd cards.

<sarcasm>No sir, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I actually think it would be awesome to play Tokyo Mirage Session #FE on 13,889 floppy disks.</sarcasm>

The usefulness of an installable Loadiine for people that use it is not lost on me. Until there is an installable version just do the same thing you would for any homebrew you want on the Wii U menu. Use Haxchi or install the channel version of HBL and launch from there. The OP was talking about more than just an installable version. He was also talking about active development of Loadiine. Most of what he was wishing for doesn't even make sense in regards to Loadiine. From what I gather online ain't never gonna happen with Loadiine. Loadiine "tricks" the Wii U into thinking it's a title with SD card access (Mii Maker or SSB). Online doesn't work because the Wii U thinks it's running a different title than it actually is. A USB loader would be awesome but that's a homebrew onto itself. Loadiine works using the above mentioned SD card exploit. It would make more sense to integrate SD card loading into a new loader, not to integrate USB loading into Loadiine (assuming that it's possible).

1. Installing games using the Brazilian method involves so much less bullshit it's not even funny. Firstly you can just download them from NUS. No fucking around with ad link sites, joining random forums and sorting through posts to find games, slow download speeds, or waiting because you reached the daily download limit, etc. Downloading from NUS I've seen my entire bandwidth saturated. Downloads have been as fast as 15 MB/s (120 mbps). I suppose you can convert a game downloaded from NUS to Loadiine installable but that's another thing to screw with. Secondly the installation process is easy. I'd argue it's even easier than unzipping the files to the appropriate place for a loadiine install. No fucking around with multiple part zip files, deleting them afterwords, unzipping the update/DLC to a separate folder and pointing Loadiine to it. Installing games to USB using a program like Wii U USB Helper is easy by comparison; browse available games complete with screenshots and game information, select the games you want to download, download them in batch (with updates and DLC at a speed that will saturate most peoples connection), copy them to the SD by selecting the games you want to add to the copy queue and copy them in batch, use WUPinstaller Y Mod to install all the games in batch. No fucking around with file management except for deleting the install folders off your SD card when done.

2. Maybe, I dunno. @xtheman166 seemed to indicate that it's not difficult to repack a Loadiine installable modded game into a USB installable game. Even if it is way easier on Loadiine there's like two games you'd probably do that with. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles X. If I were interested in said mods I'd be willing to put in extra effort to play the USB version.

3. To be honest I'm not familiar with VC injects. I assume it's taking a ROM which is not available as a VC title and overwriting an actual VC title. If that's what VC injects are then who the fuck cares if it's easier in Loadiine? That's the most bass ackwards way to play a ROM I've heard of. I've got like a dozen devices that would be better for running ROMs. Just use an old laptop or a Raspberry Pi. Alternatively you could wait for the Wii U emulators to become more mature. Apologies if I'm totally wrong on what VC injects are.

4. What for VC titles? Again being able to use any controller you want for an emulator is standard. If you're talking about Wii U titles then cool I guess. The gamepad has added functionality for most games and the Pro controller works awesome so I'm good. Besides, I'm pretty sure that there's a homebrew that would allow this functionality. HID to gamepad I believe.

TL;DR The Brazilian method is an objectively superior way to install and play backups. Nothing wrong with continuing to use Loadiine, but it should not receive any significant development resources. It's a dead end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway