Hacking Isn't it the time to give Loadiine some love?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think more people are buying 40 TVs now mostly because manufacturers are cheapening out enough parts.

TBH i would rather screw up my SD card with more writes testing stuff than my Wii U nand.

I don't test shit on the Wii U. I am but a lowly user. I'm not really worried about the longevity of the NAND.

Reactions: Deleted User

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Dang, the NDS had a really good library. One of the best. Better than the 3DS.
Have you even played a NDS game with loadiine or installed to system menu? I wonder how it is
the wii u emu comes with a smoothing filter simiar to a BRZ filter, gives it an authentic look similiar to the actual DS, quite like it, that's the only thing that really sets it out from other Emus thought

Last edited by KevinX8,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, the NDS had a really good library. One of the best. Better than the 3DS.
Have you even played a NDS game with loadiine or installed to system menu? I wonder how it is

I used a flashcart. Yeah, it had some really good games. I gave them to other people (young kids) who appreciated them more then me.

Edit: Shit. I misunderstood. The NDS games that don't use the top screen as a continuation of the bottom work quite well. Games that do (i.e. Contra 4) don't work well in my opinion. You have to view both screens on the TV using the DS Phat frame. Or you could have the bottom screen on the gamepad but that would be weird.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think more people are buying 40 TVs now mostly because manufacturers are cheapening out enough parts.
it certainly is harder to get a decent quality tv at less than 40 inches now (most 32 inch tvs I see for sale right now are 720p bargain brands and 2 entry level smart tvs, including the samsung in my room I bought last year) manufacturers are certainly working hard to push 4k and 40" or larger LED tvs now hence the change no doubt. still the average consumer will wait till it breaks or till the tv is far too incompatible with what's available hence you shouldn't expect a new popular resolution in less than 10-15 year intervals.

while in college I used to sell tvs and no matter what I was told to sell or what I knew was better, people bought the cheaper one and waited for a big sale like boxing day to get it. I honestly doubt the climate changed all that much in a few years.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
720p is the standard because that is what broadcasters are giving us. That's what game consoles are giving us as of current gen and the fact that most tvs are native 768p that upscale to 1080p. 4k isn't expected to reach 50% saturation until 2025 and 1080p isn't expected to be the norm for another 3 years. Try actually looking things up before you make assumptions into fabricated reality
No, a 1080p TV has a display resolution of 1920x1080... the 768p figure you're coming up with is usually the 1080i TVs which are more-less 720p...

1080p isn't the norm yet with paid TV and isn't even possible (without either halving the framerate breaking existing compatibility by using a modern codec like h.264 / h.265) for broadcast TV but it is the standard for movies... There are even 4k movies coming out on Blu-Ray and Netflix (in addition to others) have full series that are in 4k

I think you're getting confused with typical laptop screen resolution of 1366x768 that the super-cheap < $500 models have...

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, a 1080p TV has a display resolution of 1920x1080... the 768p figure you're coming up with it the 1080i TVs which are more-less 720p...

1080p isn't the norm yet with paid TV and isn't even possible for broadcast TV but it is the standard for movies... There are even 4k movies coming out on Blu-Ray and Netflix (in addition to others) have full series that are in 4k

I think you're getting confused with typical laptop screen resolutions for the super-cheap < $500 models...
no the typical 720p or 1080i television screen uses a screen capable of 768 and adjusts accordingly to cut costs in manufacture. back when I sold tvs most under 40" tvs would advertise 1080p but when you looked at the spec sheet we were given by the tv maker you'd soon learn it was a 768 screen natively displaying 720p and would simply take in the 1080p signal and downscale it or give a pseudo 1080i. I did however mistep in saying the tv upscaled when it's the devices that give the tv the signal, like cable boxes and consoles, that upscale.

Sorry about that..

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
now the typical 720p or 1080i television screen uses a screen capable of 768 and adjusts accordingly to cut costs in manufacture. back when I sold tvs most under 40" tvs would advertise 1080p but when you looked at the spec sheet we were given by the tv maker you'd soon learn it was a 768 screen natively displaying 720p and would simply take in the 1080p signal and downscale it or give a pseudo 1080i. I did however mistep in saying the tv upscaled when it's the devices that give the tv the signal, like cable boxes and consoles, that upscale.

Sorry about that..
Um no the TV can upscale too, if you output 720p to a 1080p panel it will upscale the 720p input to 1080p to avoid having black borders around it, it is impossible for a 768p panel to output real 1080i, it would require 1920x1080 pixels to do it, if the TV was advertised as 1080p and wasn't actually then it would be a complete scam and not a legal transaction

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um no the TV can upscale too, if you output 720p to a 1080p panel it will upscale the 720p input to 1080p to avoid having black borders around it, it is impossible for a 768p panel to output real 1080i, it would require 1920x1080 pixels to do it, if the TV was advertised as 1080p and wasn't actually then it would be a complete scam and not a legal transaction

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
you didn't read the post at all did you? psuedo does not mean real and the advertised 1080p tv was not a scam because it could handle the signal but was underhanded in the fact it only took that signal and gave an inferior resolution instead. Also I wasn't talking about 1080p panels. I was talking about 768p panels that are used in 720p tvs.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didn't read the post at all did you? psuedo does not mean real and the advertised 1080p tv was not a scam because it could handle the signal but was underhanded in the fact it only took that signal and gave an inferior resolution instead. Also I wasn't talking about 1080p panels. I was talking about 768p panels that are used in 720p tvs.

Never heard of a TV that was advertised as 1080p but its native resolution was actually 720p. Pretty sure that would be against consumer protection laws in almost any country. If a manufacturer sold a 720p TV as a 1080p TV because it could take a 1080p input signal that would absolutely be false advertising.

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never heard of a TV that was advertised as 1080p but its native resolution was actually 720p. Pretty sure that would be against consumer protection laws in almost any country. If a manufacturer sold a 720p TV as a 1080p TV because it could take a 1080p input signal that would absolutely be false advertising.
think what you want but it doesn't change the truth. Your feelings and hunches don't change facts

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy shit!!! What the hell happen?
Trying to get back into topic.
Loadiine is now what DVD backup launchers were when USB Loaders started to pop out back on the Wii days. Or if you're not familiar with backup launchers i would use Dios Mios vs Nintendon't, I mean Dios Mios works just fine but Nintendon't ended up being so much better than Dios Mios would be. Stuff like this happens all the time in hacking scenes, we have our early ways to run backups but eventually they get replaced with better methods involving better tools, its just something that happens and eventually everyone would move on to the next best thing.

And for the whinny bitches complaining about how complicated modding a game is with the current methods try to mod Smash Bros Brawl then burn it into a dvd and play it just to realized something went wrong and you would need to burn another dvd and then talk to me about complicated and time consuming modding methods.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not sure why people are debating over things like TVs, but officially 720/768 screens are referred to as 'HD-Ready' and true 1080 screens are referred to as 'Full HD'. These are official designations.

I have a 768 TV which accepts 1080p input, which is then correctly downscaled to 768 (giving s supersampling-like effect) but I'm not going to pretend it's a Full HD TV.

Last edited by sj33,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Brazilian method. It's called that way because that awesome country discovered that wonderful exploit, and it uses LEGIT TICKETS!!!!!!!
You can just get them ready to play on a site you're not supposed to go and install them with WUP Installer.
It's a terrible name that got widespread because some Brazilian people shared copyrighted files from NUS + ticket from "WUD" for a few games they managed to install themselves. The Brazilian tester that shared this here probably didn't really know how to "patch" the tickets from the (at the time) incorrectly (and not known incorrectly) decrypted WUD's and sounded like he didn't know NUS content was involved (he just did warez). Shortly after that sharing some people managed to find the correct way to "patch" (well the correct word would be "fix") these tickets. Coincidentally, this happened right before we got access to our own tickets thanks to the great work of everyone that worked on the IOSU exploit.
It's not an exploit and therefore not a new exploit.
Some reasons for why it's a terrible name: Peruvian way, Swedish approach, Chinese style, Russian process, these names all sound weird and mysterious. Also a "country" did not discover that, a few people who happened to be from this country showcased a few examples where their shenanigans, whatever they were (but resulted in a fixed ticket), worked. The anonymous person who edited those first few tickets probably had some idea of what they were doing but didn't explain to the tester(s) (or testers didn't understand). Most names are related to what the undergoing process is (browserhax, menuhax, ninjahax, stickerhax, redNAND, arm9loaderhax, OSSDriverspoilt, GX2sploit, iosuhax, haxchi, coldboothax, WUP Installer, NNU Patcher...) or make some reference to what they're working on (Cafiine, Mocha... (for coffee references within the Wii U + the Wii U itself being codenamed Project Café)) or a bit of both (SDCafiine) or a pun (FBI, which installs CIA files, CIA standing for CTR Importable Archives)). The console hacking world has nothing to do with a national pride contest. Brazil can be considered an awesome country for other reasons, but not because a few of their people happened to do something related to Wii U piracy. That's like saying Germany is an awesome country because guys like dimok, Maschell, FIX94 did great some great work, France is somewhat good because Coc4tm made OurLoader (which can probably be considered irrelevant now with the region-free patches), UK is up there with MrBean, Chadderz (Cafiine) and others and I won't make all the countries of all the people that did something (because I probably can't list all people that did something that many can consider cool for the Wii U scene, or I don't know the nationality for each of them), but my point is we're not evaluating nations, plus the greatest collaborations this scene have witnessed are international, since basically nobody cares what the nationality of others are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AI needs money for AI drugs lol