Hacking Isn't it the time to give Loadiine some love?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that wasn't an argument just jested at the fact he think 720p is the standard nowadays even thought 1080p has been the standard since 2012
720p is the standard because that is what broadcasters are giving us. That's what game consoles are giving us as of current gen and the fact that most tvs are native 768p that upscale to 1080p. 4k isn't expected to reach 50% saturation until 2025 and 1080p isn't expected to be the norm for another 3 years. Try actually looking things up before you make assumptions into fabricated reality

Reactions: Deleted User

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
>tv is dead
Okay buddy, i'll believe you. Now yet me turn on my tv and see 700 channels. Hm, I thought tv was dead?
View attachment 72302
upload_2016-12-17_1-37-26.png

yes very thriving if you are over 35, if you are anything below that it is falling faster than the pound after brexit

Reactions: Irastris

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing the same argument here again and again, Loadiine is now only good for two reasons. The first is having the ability to easily move your backups/saves from one system to another. The second reason is for bypassing the super pir8 restriction of only having 300 titles installed at once. Just use Loadiine for the same VC that you probably already have installed on the vwii side. So, in that sense, a better use for your expensive sdcard, that we all bought a couple months ago, is to use it for vwii/gamecube backups.
Btw Loadiine was legend in its day, I definitely Membah:toot:

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus christ, where the hell are the mods to lock down this shitfest.
Half this thread isn't even about Loadiine anymore.

AFAIK it's impossible to make Loadiine have the features that installing titles does due to how things like online play on the Wii U works. Simple as that. That's your reason as to why not enough developers care to spend time working on Loadiine anymore.
Loadiine was a fantastic application while it lasted but it's time has long been up and the pros of installable titles outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Last edited by Irastris,
Reactions: jupitersj

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing the same argument here again and again, Loadiine is now only good for two reasons. The first is having the ability to easily move your backups/saves from one system to another. The second reason is for bypassing the super pir8 restriction of only having 300 titles installed at once. Just use Loadiine for the same VC that you probably already have installed on the vwii side. So, in that sense, a better use for your expensive sdcard, that we all bought a couple months ago, is to use it for vwii/gamecube backups.
Btw Loadiine was legend in its day, I definitely Membah:toot:

How dare you try to bring this back on topic!

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
720p is the standard because that is what broadcasters are giving us. That's what game consoles are giving us as of current gen and the fact that most tvs are native 768p that upscale to 1080p. 4k isn't expected to reach 50% saturation until 2025 and 1080p isn't expected to be the norm for another 3 years. Try actually looking things up before you make assumptions into fabricated reality
the reason so many people use the internet with 1366x768 screens is because laptop manufactuers decided that any laptop below 300 bucks would get that resolution of screen and considering the majority of people are poor the majority have this resolution. TV's and pc monitors are at a majority running 1080p it is rare to even find a 720p tv anymore and 900p is the most in demand resolution for monitors atm. Fuck off with your BS upscaling in TVs I don't even know who gives you this BS. 4k isn't popular yet no but it is catching on definitely not a majority until 2020 atleast

Last edited by KevinX8,

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally half of this thread is about some getting offended that a few still find some good use for loadiine, and that the current alternatives still aren't good enough for that.
These people would be amazed at how XP still has a big presence on bank, atm and other companies systems. Why? Because current alternatives aren't still worth it.

Last edited by Pachee,
Reactions: adamnewy

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exept older games, PS4 titles are 900/1080p native games, broadcasters here in france broadcast TV channels @1080p for most main channels, 720p hasnt been the norm here since 3-4 years like he said... and for what i remember thats what US broadcasters do on main channels because i remember seeing files named "HDTV 1080p" on some TV show releases, so main channels should broadcast @ 1080p there also no ?

D

Deleted User

the reason so many people use the internet with 1366x768 screens is because laptop manufactuers decided that any pc below 300 bucks would get that resolution of monitor and considering the majority of people are poor the majority have this resolution.
>using the most people have laptop resolution meme
What are you even going on about. 720p is still the dominant resolution. Unless you have something to back up this post.....

oh wait

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i was too busy sending my 8000 roms over network to retropie to notice the usual super off-topic split that happens by the 7th page of any thread here

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exept older games, PS4 titles are 900/1080p native games, broadcasters here in france broadcast TV channels @1080p for most main channels, 720p hasnt been the norm here since 3-4 years like he said... and for what i remember thats what US broadcasters do on main channels because i remember seeing files named "HDTV 1080p" on some TV show releases, so main channels should broadcast @ 1080p there also no ?

Many do now. Some are still 720p or shitty 1080i (looks great if nothing moves).

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
this guy lives in 2006 I really don't know where he gets his facts from, the only thing 720p I can find in my entire house is the wii u gamepad lol

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the reason so many people use the internet with 1366x768 screens is because laptop manufactuers decided that any pc below 300 bucks would get that resolution of monitor and considering the majority of people are poor the majority have this resolution. TV's and pc monitors are at a majority running 1080p it is rare to even find a 720p tv anymore and 900p is the most in demand resolution for monitors atm. Fuck off with your BS upscaling in TVs I don't even know who gives you this BS. 4k isn't popular yet no but it is catching on definitely not a majority until 2020 atleast
You just supported my argument by saying the majority of people have 768p screens. as for the 1080p upscale you think I'm pulling outta my arse it's relative to broadcastors and game consoles taking the native resolution and having it upscaled as well as the fact that until recently, 32" tvs were the norm and that is what they did (they were 1080i but would upscale a 720p to get 1080p). Sure now more people are getting 40" tvs but that doesn't change the fact that 720p is the norm right now.

If you have proof to the contrary I'd be more than happy to concede.

Reactions: Deleted User

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i was too busy sending my 8000 roms over network to retropie to notice the usual super off-topic split that happens by the 7th page of any thread here

No worries. At least we're back off topic. I should setup RetroPi. I've got my Raspberry Pi 3 doing nothing right now. I've got an unused 64 GB micro SD card that I used to use for Loadiine but I don't anymore because installing titles to USB is much better. Shit, getting on topic again...

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
You just supported my argument by saying the majority of people have 768p screens. as for the 1080p upscale you think I'm pulling outta my arse it's relative to broadcastors and game consoles taking the native resolution and having it upscaled as well as the fact that until recently, 32" tvs were the norm and that is what they did (they were 1080i but would upscale a 720p to get 1080p). Sure now more people are getting 40" tvs but that doesn't change the fact that 720p is the norm right now.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/what-is-the-resolution
you know what upscaling is right? Its stretch to fit, without it you would have a black border around your 480p content etc while watching in full screen. 1080i is actually 1920x1080 frames just two halves stiched together as the tv is incapable of doing a full frame at a time. The majority of laptops are 768p yes but not SCREENS as in pc,tv,phones,tablets etc

D

Deleted User

No worries. At least we're back off topic. I should setup RetroPi. I've got my Raspberry Pi 3 doing nothing right now. I've got an unused 64 GB micro SD card that I used to use for Loadiine but I don't anymore because installing titles to USB is much better. Shit, getting on topic again...
Wait, so in your sig do you have one NDS or none? Did you lose the first one and give away the second?

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think more people are buying 40 TVs now mostly because manufacturers are cheapening out enough parts.
TBH i would rather screw up my SD card with more writes testing stuff than my Wii U nand.

Last edited by Pachee,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so in your sig do you have one NDS or none? Did you lose the first one and give away the second?

I thought I lost one so I bought another. Afterwords, I found my "lost" one. I gave one away to a second cousin. I gave the other to my girlfriend's son. So I currently have 0 NDSes.

D

Deleted User

I thought I lost one so I bought another. Afterwords, I found my "lost" one. I gave one away to a second cousin. I gave the other to my girlfriend's son. So I currently have 0 NDSes.
Dang, the NDS had a really good library. One of the best. Better than the 3DS.
Have you even played a NDS game with loadiine or installed to system menu? I wonder how it is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back