XP
Country

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booooy this brings back memories, since I got the blue bundle originally and stuck with it until Lites came out (and I discovered the glory of M3 Perfect). Getting the bundle and keeping it in good shape got me my $ back real nice back then for the upgrade to the Lite.

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a couple in this colour a few years ago, as far as i'm aware they were just made for retail in Japan (i think) whenever i picked one up from eBay it was always came with a non UK plug, but console itself was all genuine as it's easy to tell the difference between replica housings and original.

I've added a clearer picture of one below that reflects the colour better.

g252-nintendo-ds-console-turquoise-blue-japan-nds-junk-a23a8a19fdaf7de0c3646dcc36fa6ac3.jpg

Hope that helps.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like this one to add to my DS phat collection. Have the Mario and Electric Blue ones new in box, and a Japanese Black version also.
PEBqLhq.jpg

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deal Xtreme used to sell some nice gold cases like that, they looked good when fitted if you used the original buttons too.

DS98.jpg

Unfortunately now it seems nobody has the gold cases for sale, i did contact a firm through AlliXpress that i had purchased from before who said i would need to order 500 to get them make some more!

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
>stop smoking game is 3+
>Fucking Gordon Ramsey game

Holy fuck.

Haha at the time i brought a job lot of those games from eBay for £2 each to sell in console bundles, throwing in some games with a console is a good way to stop buyers claiming you sold them a console with a faulty game slot lol :rofl:

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh dear.... first 7 posts all asking how "rare" their DS is. In other words "how much can I inflate the price on eBay for this?

Really gets my goat when you start getting prices going through the roof on "rare" consoles/games on eBay when they're nothing of the sort, its full of SNESs and N64s etc with huge price tags advertised as rare, I mean really? They sold tens of millions of them, by that logic I could be a rich man if I sold my Sinclair ZX80, that's rare.

It's a scratched up old DS in a common colour, if you're interested in profit they can't get any cheaper than they are now so I'd hang onto it until the "retro" crowd get hold of them.

Last edited by britain4,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a phrase concerning fools and the nature of the difficulty with parting them from their money. Personally I would only pay up for a harder to do mod that has been done already, more reliable model, pre repaired model... something that took some effort or has a tangible result, and the notion of throwing down good money for something I could get done for next to nothing with the dozen or so means of colouring plastic I have at my disposal (and anybody that lives in a vaguely technologically advanced country probably has at their disposal too) is only not alien by virtue of once having read some stuff on consumer/visual psychology.

To that end if you can sell a luxury good for more then it makes sense to do so, and if we are all foolish enough to offer business advice for free upon request then so much the better.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

monsterboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
guys...I think my Ds really is rare! It has the dual screen sign on the back of the top screen and I realized that no other ds phat has it..check this out!

Attachments

• IMG-20171124-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20171124-WA0003.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 342

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
guys...I think my Ds really is rare! It has the dual screen sign on the back of the top screen and I realized that no other ds phat has it..check this out!
can ya show the back with the sticker stuff?
it indeed looks different than normal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind, it's a deal xtreem shell lol https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-ds-phat-shells-housings-on-dx-pics-links.143284/

Reactions: ThoD

Hi_ImKhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So I wanted to see my color model of my NDS fat. I couldn't find it. Not even on wikipedia. So here are a photo of that console:View attachment 75181
It looks like very light blue, and it was bought on a garage sale. I know the case is original beacuse it has the nintendo logo on the top and the below's information is beated up. (May be beacuse the previous owner didnt take good care of it):

View attachment 75183 View attachment 75182
EDIT: Only color model, I know it is an NDS Fat, but I cant find the color model of this particular ds.
I am starting to think it is China only beacuse of a youtube video. May be Icy Blue.
EDIT2: More pics:
View attachment 75189
View attachment 75190
it looks like a normal ds fat

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that thread is a little old, but I'll post here anyway as it has been revived.

There are different version of the DS Fat/Phat.
The rarest DS is the one which allows different brightness level ! it's the last DS fat model released before DSLite.
You can check your DS (firmware) version by inserting a game cartridge, enter pictochat room A, and eject the game. the console will freeze with a different background color:

v1: Pictochat hangs/no colour appears
v2: two greyish blue screens
v3/iQue: two dark green screens
v4: two golden yellow screens
v5: two magenta screens (DS lite units have this, along with a few pink original DS units)
v6: two dark blue screens
v7: DS system does not crash (Only present on the Japanese limited edition golden DS Lite)

About special edition, I don't know how rare they are.

Last edited by Cyan,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I think that other Original DS"s models of different colors that were manufactured at the same time as the DS Lite are also v5 (and can use the DS Lite four brightness setting because they have the hardware needed for that), my Original DS is a gray one (an European one) and it have the v5 firnware.
I got it very cheap, so it"s nice to have it, I prefer it to play GBA games in comparision to the other GBA compatible consoles.

Last edited by Clector,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.