Hacking Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware of a Wii U?

• Thread starter Deleted-353083
  • Start date
  • Views 56,359
  • Replies 86

ArcMore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I'm a supernoob with 3 little kids.

Looking to get a refurb'd Wii U from Nintendo on eBay for $175. Before I do so I'd like to know if the latest firmware, which I assume would be on a unit coming from the vendor, would be able to play downloaded / backed up games. I see 5.5.2 would work but googling tells me 5.5.2U is the latest firmware. Thanks for any advice.

ETA: Ah crap I just realized I replied to the wrong thread. Nice going self, way to first-post. hah.... :(

Last edited by ArcMore,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Looking to get a refurb'd Wii U from Nintendo on eBay for $175. Before I do so I'd like to know if the latest firmware, which I assume would be on a unit coming from the vendor, would be able to play downloaded / backed up games. I see 5.5.2 would work but googling tells me 5.5.2U is the latest firmware. Thanks for any advice.

ETA: Ah crap I just realized I replied to the wrong thread. Nice going self, way to first-post. hah.... :(
5.5.2 is the latest firmware the u just means its for the american region europe has 5.5.2e and japan is 5.5.2j

Last edited by AmandaRose,

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Oh well, could as well answer here. 5.5.2U is the same as 5.5.2 - the letter just indicates console/firmware region - U=US & Americas, E =Europe etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY