Hacking Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware of a Wii U?

• Thread starter Deleted-353083
  • Start date
  • Views 56,271
  • Replies 86

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(obviously that OpenDNS instruction video did work then fiveeighteen)
I never said OpenDNS will not work. It will work great...until your dynamic IP changes. Then OpenDNS will be blocking those URLs on your old IP address, not the new one, so guess what happens then? 5.5.0 instead of the blocked download.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
I never said OpenDNS will not work. It will work great...until your dynamic IP changes. Then OpenDNS will be blocking those URLs on your old IP address, not the new one, so guess what happens then? 5.5.0 instead of the blocked download.
Pretty sure i have static. Lol, i haven't been to the ICQ chat rooms in years but i remember whenever they used to ban me i could just get back on by turning my modem off and then back on. I was told that was because i had one of those two and that only that one worked in changing your IP address so you could ban-hop. Whichever one that is, i now have the opposite - the one that stays the same.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure i have static. Lol, i haven't been to the ICQ chat rooms in years but i remember whenever they used to ban me i could just get back on by turning my modem off and then back on. I was told that was because i had one of those two and that only that one worked in changing your IP address so you could ban-hop. Whichever one that is, i now have the opposite - the one that stays the same.
Static stays the same, yes. So in your case, OpenDNS may work fine for you for the long haul. But for the large majority of users, they have dynamic and should not be trusting OpenDNS.

Reactions: Deleted-353083

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well there is "semi" static IP's it seems more ISP's are switching to this setup, where a IP will actually persist past a simple "reboot the router to troll all day long", in these cases you have to remain disconnected for anywhere from 2 hours to a day before the IP is put back into circulation and you will be assigned a new one, unless you have specifically paid extra for a static IP its quite rare for ISP's to actually assign static IP's to everyone

Reactions: fiveighteen

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I have said it numerous times that if anyone would like to contribute or donate a Wii U to me then I would happily get it figured out and write a tutorial for dumping and reflashing the nand and nand/2 and the emmc. With that available, a downgrade would be likely possible seeing as there is no indication that the wii u is using any type of e-fuses.

If anyone knows me from the wii scene, I was the first to publicly show a way and even offer a service for people to recover their wii's from bricks.

I just don't have the funds to purchase a wii u for myself being that I am paying for 5 college educations at this moment.

If people want this figured out then they know who to go to... ME. I already have all the tools. I just need a wii u.

What I propose to use is a Teensy 2.0++. That has enough IO's for everything. The only issue that I can foresee is trying to power those chips externally.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sufferin succotash whaddaya know... i rang my ISP today just to make 100% sure and they said i had dynamic IP after all. Well if i do then how comes turning my modem of and then back on no longer lets me ban-hop?
well there is "semi" static IP's it seems more ISP's are switching to this setup, where a IP will actually persist past a simple "reboot the router to troll all day long", in these cases you have to remain disconnected for anywhere from 2 hours to a day before the IP is put back into circulation and you will be assigned a new one, unless you have specifically paid extra for a static IP its quite rare for ISP's to actually assign static IP's to everyone

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I watched a youtube tutorial today that seemed very legit (and yes i know how to spot fake ones straight away) about how to play downloaded Wii U games (wud files) using an app called Loadiine.
I think that was my video. I'm going to spend today updating it as it's a bit outdated now.
it's a conspiracy nintendo have found a way to infect our wiius with auto updates!
stupidfaceh.jpg
Stooop! I get nervous every time I open up system settings even though I have Tubehax set up. I legit had a dream last night that it kept trying to force update. Was very stressful haha.
tbh i don't see why people have such a hard time figuring this one out.....sell your 5.5.0 wiiu, buy one on 5.3.2, you would end up out of pocket by spare change, hardly worth some elaborate scheme to try avoid

on a side note, there is a flaw in his "guide"....you cant system transfer to a 5.3.2 or lower wiiu.....unless you want them to update to 5.5.0 to do it :P
I had to go the more expensive route and get an offline only 5.3.2 console and keep my original WWHD bundle. Since I didn't need the gamepad it only cost me $100. Then I had to fork over $40 for Smash Bros. I still think that's a great investment with everything that I'll be able to do with this console.
Hey again nerds... well, i just turned my Wii U on (because i was bored sh|tless) and the Download Manager had a cross on it and kept flashing. I then went to see what that was all about and it said the system update had failed to download (obviously that OpenDNS instruction video did work then fiveeighteen) Anyway that's the point of this rambling now... obviously the new update has arrived - any news on the latest about it (by that i mean literally anything and what you guys think you can do with it etc.) Just anything at all?
The red X means that you're blocking updates correctly.

Sufferin succotash whaddaya know... i rang my ISP today just to make 100% sure and they said i had dynamic IP after all. Well if i do then how comes turning my modem of and then back on no longer lets me ban-hop?
Since you like video tutorials (you mentioned both my Loadiine and OpenDNS ones) then you should check this out. Just posted that yesterday on how to use Tubehax DNS to block Nintendo's update servers. But really, all it requires is changing your DNS to 107.211.140.065. Lol, I can't believe I memorized it.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
I think that was my video. I'm going to spend today updating it as it's a bit outdated now.

Stooop! I get nervous every time I open up system settings even though I have Tubehax set up. I legit had a dream last night that it kept trying to force update. Was very stressful haha.

I had to go the more expensive route and get an offline only 5.3.2 console and keep my original WWHD bundle. Since I didn't need the gamepad it only cost me $100. Then I had to fork over $40 for Smash Bros. I still think that's a great investment with everything that I'll be able to do with this console.

The red X means that you're blocking updates correctly.

Since you like video tutorials (you mentioned both my Loadiine and OpenDNS ones) then you should check this out. Just posted that yesterday on how to use Tubehax DNS to block Nintendo's update servers. But really, all it requires is changing your DNS to 107.211.140.065. Lol, I can't believe I memorized it.
Hey man... yes that was your video - unless you're pretending to use someone elses's name *looks suspiciously* lol just joking :P Seriously though i very quickly thought to myself you'd be a member on here :) I also (literally 5 mins ago) followed your tubehax video too. Thanks for that, now all we need is for friggen Nintendo to hurry up and bring their next update out so we can hack it. Kinda wish Nintendo would also release some more friggen games for the f**king Wii U too!! Kinda regretting swapping my jailbroken PS3 for another one now. Part of the reason i did was because i thought to myself "It's been so long since i last had one, surely there's heaps more on there now" only to go through the Eshop and think "Wtf is this s**t??? There's F**k All new ones on here and still like half of the ones they do have is just some variation of the Nintendo franchise - ie. Mario this, Mario that, Zelda this, Zelda that" Kinda sad really.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can downgrade! Here's a tutorial:
1. Unplug all cords from the Wii U.
2. Pick up the Wii U and aim at a wall.
3. Throw with all your might!
4. It's done! You've downgraded from having a Wii U to not having one!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :creep:

Reactions: VinsCool

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, he is wrong. You would still have a wii u, it would just now be a broken one.
A current way to downgrade a wii u would be to take it to gamestop and trade it in on a wii or older console. That would be a downgrade.

Last edited by FaTaL_ErRoR,

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sufferin succotash whaddaya know... i rang my ISP today just to make 100% sure and they said i had dynamic IP after all.
Well if i do then how comes turning my modem off and then back on no longer lets me ban-hop?

Without knowing your modem, some ISPs/modems require a change in the modem settings(port forwarding for example like to a game or a program application) to release and renew(in this case, change) the lease/ip.

If you are going to change things on your modem, make sure you take good pics with a camera or screen grab(with print screen or something else) the original page of settings to be safer. So you can hopefully restore to a known working state.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

DeeeFoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that there is a private exploit that supports 5.5.0. Why is it private? Is it because it's still undergoing testing etc? Realistically, when can one expect stuff like loadiine to start working on 5.5.0 (publicly)? Thanks

D

Deleted-355425

OP
I understand that there is a private exploit that supports 5.5.0. Why is it private? Is it because it's still undergoing testing etc? Realistically, when can one expect stuff like loadiine to start working on 5.5.0 (publicly)? Thanks

after nintendo find it and patch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.