Homebrew Is there anything funny I can do with the dsi development unit?

• Thread starter HK$
  • Start date
  • Views 4,103
  • Replies 14
  • Likes 2

HK$

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I got a development unit dsi(model:TWL-DEV-EUR(PANDA)) today. It's like the retail dsi's, but with black top cover and white bottom.
In the system setting the sys version is 1.4E_dev. And there is a NandFiler app and a TwlNmenu app in the dash.
So is there anything funny I can do with it? Maybe installing dsiware's?

HK$

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Last edited by HK$,

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the only way to dump the nand is with a hardmod?
Can you copy your DSiWare titles from your SD card to your DSi? that can be a way.
the nand dump would be too funny, I can research it how DSi dev acts different as DSi rentail. and we can use it in a emulator. (there is a way already)

saphiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you copy your DSiWare titles from your SD card to your DSi? that can be a way.
If you mean copying DSiWare titles from a retail DSi to the dev unit, that *probably* won't work because that won't put the tickets on the dev unit. I don't know enough about dev units to say whether that actually matters, maybe it doesn't need tickets to run software but on the other hand maybe it can't run retail software at all.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
As I can see, NandFiler app is a app for launching, and extracting/remplacing DSi titles (and DS cartridges too?), like save data, tmd, and even tickets, it's like 3DS dev unit.
as you can see here

I cannot find anything about TwlNmenu app. maybe is a debug/menu test app?
anyway, if you can, dump the nand please, it would be funny to research how it acts as the DSi rentail :P

Anyway, there are more changes in the Dev Unit? like Wireless works? blocked/non blocked flashcards works? or something interesing that does not have DSi Rentail?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you mean copying DSiWare titles from a retail DSi to the dev unit, that *probably* won't work because that won't put the tickets on the dev unit. I don't know enough about dev units to say whether that actually matters, maybe it doesn't need tickets to run software but on the other hand maybe it can't run retail software at all.
weird, 3DS dev units (earlys) can copy from SD to 3DS without the tickets and tmd files.

HK$

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
the nand dump would be too funny, I can research it how DSi dev acts different as DSi rentail. and we can use it in a emulator. (there is a way already)
Do you mean I copy a dsiware from another retail dsi's nand to SD card and then copy it to the dev unit?
I tried it rightnow but it doesnt work. The dav unit just cant see the backup dsiware.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you mean I copy a dsiware from another retail dsi's nand to SD card and then copy it to the dev unit?
I tried it rightnow but it doesnt work. The dav unit just cant see the backup dsiware.
So, you cannot copy the DSiWare dev to SD card? oh.
Well, try to dump the nand :P

HK$

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, you can use any exploit to try dump it, I think The Biggest Loser can dump your NAND. it's your only choice if you don't want hardmod.
I'm in China and cant find The Biggest Loser anywhere. If I can find out how to install dsiware with that TwlNmenu app maybe I can dump NAND without hardmod.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TwlNMenu = DevMenu
TwlNandFiler = SaveDataFiler

With the SDK you can indeed convert srl>tad with maketad, which are installable in TwlNMenu

But I don't know at which step the software is signed (elf+icon+stuff > srl, or srl > tad, or all of them?) which is an issue due to the obtusity of these tools (rsf files, in general not designed for converting software not made in the official workflow)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.