Hacking Is there any way to update your games on sx os?

gemartic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I would like to know what is the easiest way to update backups?
And if I try to update my backups does it ban me immediately?

Thanx in advance!

solrac21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've kept my switch offline since updating to 5.1 (using the no blown fuses method) and just been downloading updates as they become available. No problems so far.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update online? no shit, will be an instant ban. i do prefer to update via sx os nsp format.

No baby. Definitely not instant. In fact there is no evidence to suggest that Nintendo has anyway of detecting that you are updating a backup in the case of .XCI files. Maybe they will in future though. They definitely check the cartridge cert when you go online but I think updating .XCIs via official firmware is probably safe for now. I've been doing so for a month. I've done much more too. I've installed .NSPs (eShop and DLC) and archived them then redownloaded the titles (as if it was a legit title) from horizon in both OFW and CFW. I have been messing with .NSPs for over a week. I'm sure I will get banned, but it hasn't happened yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think that trimming the xci files is a good idea.I think the less you mess the backups the better.

Trimming .XCIs won't contribute to a ban. Why would it? It's just an image file.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Trimming .NSPs won't contribute to a ban. Why would it? It's just an image file.
You mean xci, because nsp cause a sure ban afaik, trimmed or not.

Btw it's just me being cautious, we don't have a lot of info on how Nintendo is able to ban people. Also I have a 128gb so I don't even need to trim games for now.

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably know better than you since I've been doing it since nds and 3ds.

And some of us have been around alot longer than the ds/3ds scene... But no, trimming your files will in no way cause a ban. Trimming just gets rid of unnecessary space, so you will be able to put more games on that little 128gb card you have. I have no idea who you're getting your information from lol.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Btw it's just me being cautious, we don't have a lot of info on how Nintendo is able to ban people. Also I have a 128gb so I don't even need to trim games for now.

Yes I meant .XCIs. Tuesday is my Saturday so I was a little altered. Even with all trimmed .XCIs my 200GB card is full. But I guess your milage may vary.

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bullsh*t, sorry. On my old console, I used SX OS online and updated all games, xci and nsp regardless, directly on the console online and no ban.
New console likewise at the moment but only got it for a week now.
Some poeple are banned, some poeple are not banned.
It's bullshit to say "It's safe" too.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

as i know you update nsp offline via sx os.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No baby. Definitely not instant. In fact there is no evidence to suggest that Nintendo has anyway of detecting that you are updating a backup in the case of .XCI files. Maybe they will in future though. They definitely check the cartridge cert when you go online but I think updating .XCIs via official firmware is probably safe for now. I've been doing so for a month. I've done much more too. I've installed .NSPs (eShop and DLC) and archived them then redownloaded the titles (as if it was a legit title) from horizon in both OFW and CFW. I have been messing with .NSPs for over a week. I'm sure I will get banned, but it hasn't happened yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Trimming .NSPs won't contribute to a ban. Why would it? It's just an image file.
sound good,but i dont want to risk one of my consoles to get banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday