Hacking is there a way to resize my WBFS partition?

tommyv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I think that guide can actually help me, my problem is that I have a 500GB hard drive and my WBFS partition is 300GB, I Realized that 300GB is too much for my wii games and want to resize it to 200GB, i'm going to put all my games on the other partition, then i'm going to resize the partitions, make a new WBFS 200GB partition and put my games back on the WBFS partition, so that way now I have a 300GB FAT patition and a 200GB WBFS partition.

would that work?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you could do is.. reformat your 2nd partition as WBFS and do a drive-2-drive copy. Break the first partition down into a 200g/100g partition. Do another drive-2-drive copy back to your first drive, then reformat the 100g and 2nd 200g drive into one 300g FAT partition. It's a bit lengthy, but its mostly automated.

Exporting games one by one is only really OK if you have just a few games.

tommyv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EtherealX said:
What you could do is.. reformat your 2nd partition as WBFS and do a drive-2-drive copy. Break the first partition down into a 200g/100g partition. Do another drive-2-drive copy back to your first drive, then reformat the 100g and 2nd 200g drive into one 300g FAT partition. It's a bit lengthy, but its mostly automated.

Exporting games one by one is only really OK if you have just a few games.

yeah that could work, thanks, I have about 40 wii games, so that option looks great, right now I have 300g WBFS partition with 40 games and 200g FAT partition with about 40g in movies and tv shows, so i'm gonna break the FAT partition in two: 100g FAT partition where i'm gonna keep my movie and tv shows, and a new 100g WBFS partition, then i'm gonna do a drive-2-drive copy, gonna copy all the wii games to that second WBFS partition, then i'm going to resize my FAT partition to 400g, gonna create a 200g WBFS partition, copy all the wii games back to that partition, and then take back the 100g WBFS back to FAT. is that what you are saying?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your WBFS drive is disk0 (first partition,) then what you're implying wont work, more so, you don't want to. I'll avoid the technical details, but just give you the best option.

Dump your FAT drive to your computer or another drive. Then go from there.. you should truly try to make your WBFS partition disk0, as it avoids a lot of complications with getting things to read it.

If you can't dump your FAT drive, then things get messy. As mentioned, you need to do a d2d transfer. Set your partitions like..

WBFS(300g) (disk0)
FAT(50g) (disk1)
WBFS(150g) (disk2)

150g "should" cover your 40 Wii games. From here, you can reformat disk0 into..

WBFS(200g) (disk0) *new*
FAT(100g) (disk1) *new*
FAT(50g) (disk2)
WBFS(150g) (disk3)

Do another d2d transfer from disk3 to disk0. From here, you'll want to transfer your FAT data (movies or whatever) from disk2 to disk1. Now you can break disk2/disk3 and combine them to disk1 to have your 200g/300g. Adding partitions to the front and end of existing partitions is something you really want to avoid (thus our fat to fat transfer.)

Just remember to try and get your WBFS drive as disk0 if you can. -ciao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated