Is there a way to autoboot mocha using enviromentloader?

shefben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to make this Wii U easy to use. One thing that would help tremendosly would be having mocha autoboot when i turn the system on.

at the moment i can only load mocha using homebrew launcher. this is a bit tedious.

From the way things look, there should be a way to have mocha autoload when you boot up (perhaps adding it to the boot menu and then selecting it for autoboot?)

any help would be appreciated

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I am trying to make this Wii U easy to use. One thing that would help tremendosly would be having mocha autoboot when i turn the system on.

at the moment i can only load mocha using homebrew launcher. this is a bit tedious.

From the way things look, there should be a way to have mocha autoload when you boot up (perhaps adding it to the boot menu and then selecting it for autoboot?)

any help would be appreciated
I would search for "coldboot" option for Wii U.
Currently, you CANNOT boot autoboot directly to mocha when powering up your console.

shefben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i figured it out, at least games that gave me an error about not owning the dlc for it start up without error now.

I copied 00_mocha.rpx to sd:\wiiu\ renamed root.rpx to root.old.rpx and renamed 00_mocha.rpx to root.rpx

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Setting up a normal Tiramisu+EnvironmentLoader install (as explained on wiiu.hacks.guide) already enables Mocha when you select the "Wii U Menu" option, it just happens in the background. If you are having errors about DLC, also check you added the sigpatches rpx alongside mocha, as sigpatches are now optional.
Playing with root.rpx might break other parts of the env, so you should probably start clean and get everything set up on your SD in the normal way.

shefben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did and redid tiramisu 5 or more times (with sigpatch) and for some reason everytime i kept getting the error when trying to launch a game with a DLC. So, I would need to go to homebrew launcher and launch mocha from there; then all my problems vanished. Maybe i was doing something incorrectly. Anyway renaming it to root.rpxs seems to work fine, I havent noticed any crashes or problems yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-