Homebrew is there a Parental code hack ?

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just curious cant seem to find one but
is there any parental code hack ? (for examples something that will allow you to simply check mark specific apps you have on 3ds menu )

eg for little kids i can check mark (luma updater, fbi, homebrew) and lock those out!

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always delete the luma updater, freeshop, hbl but keep the cias on your FBI. and lock FBI. Reinstall the Cias when you need them.

Edit: Nevermind, I think you are looking to bypass the Parental lock not prevent kids from accessing apps that could potentially brick your 3ds.

Last edited by Meliodas2255,

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no im looking for something to blocks most of the mod (fbi, hombrew ect...) so kids can go into the mod apps and screw around with them

a simple app locker kind of like i have on my iphone i can lock out any app with password

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
no im looking for something to blocks most of the mod (fbi, hombrew ect...) so kids can go into the mod apps and screw around with them

a simple app locker kind of like i have on my iphone i can lock out any app with password
You can use the parental control from the 3DS

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that doesn't work delete all the apps, but keep FBI you can always download HB launcher, luma updater, etc from titledb. I think FBI has a lock.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Simply enabling parental controls won't lock them all unless the desired applications have a certain flag set. In other words, it's up to each homebrew to decide if it should be locked when parental controls are enabled or not. So if you find ones that you want to lock but can't, you'll need to rebuild them yourself or ask the authors to add parental controls to their CIA versions.

I don't think this needs to be said, but just in case: 3dsx files aren't affected by parental controls either (unless smea's changed the HBL recently..).

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not what you're looking for but I just made a folder called system, put all of the "dangerous" apps in it and then told the kids not to open it.

It's worked for about a year without any problems.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Wild idea:
You could lock FBI and then delete the tickets from the apps you want to lock (that way they can be launched from FBI only)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One other thing to consider: if the kids in question end up finding the mkey site that SALT provides, and understand how to use it, the parental controls are moot anyhow. It may be best to just remove dangerous apps altogether when not in use.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can restrict access to FBI by setting up parental controls. You can delete all apps that you don't want them to access and reinstall from titledb when you need them.

Edit: HBL and Luma updater are also restricted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...