Homebrew Question IS there a hombrew for nand backuping and restoring that runs on sx os? nro or nsp

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
really? that so cool
Yeah! And if your switch is bricked, you just boot into SX OS and restore it! Wait...

Buy a 32GB sdcard (8 usd) format it exfat. Use it for nand backups only. Use hekate. Most easy for backup and restore. And we know you like most easy.

edit: To be actually fair, the SX OS (not an OS, btw - thats just your typical marketing bullsh*t) nand backup should be basically the same. Holding buttons at boot should bring you to a RCM mode piece of software that probably can backup and restore your NAND.

So - you think SX OS is an OS - it isnt.
You think it would be great to restore nand, while the system is running on cfw, using an nro - it wouldnt.
You think SX OS is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper great for copying basic features from free software - what are you doing in this forum then? Go to a SX OS support community. Deal with people just as top level as you, spending 40 USD for a branding excercise, CFW DRM, and stolen software. You feel much better there. People wont tell you, that they dont like supporting you in the least - every step of the way.

Also, this needed to be said, because this thread turned out to be just another "Wow bob, SX OS is so featureritch and easy" advertorial for the masses, being very enthused buying piracy for 40 bucks. Its basically the "buys pirated copies at car boot sales" crowd by now. Team Executer opened a big world wide car boot sale - you all came. Now you are back to gbatemp to have others tell you what you bought. And to fix it for free. The world is such a wonderful place. TX counting the sweet car boot sale customers money in the meantime, telling their code monkey to go and steel a bit more open source code, while hes at it.

Oh and here gbatemp, have 3k USD TX OS ad money for a contest you are holding. Make sure your forum members support the car boot sale crowd for a little longer. While advertising our product.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: ZachyCatGames

zahimi

GBAtemp theme maker extraordinarie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im just doing it now on SX OS. i dont need hekate for something that works on what i have already.
but it is very slow. is it always this slow to make a backup?
well i guess its ok bacause its a one time thing. at least untill i update my system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and about all that bullshit notimp said about sx os and bla bla bla.
i dont care man.
im realy happy with my sx os and dongle.
you have a problem with that?
well thats YOUR problem.
i will come to this forum as much as i like because many people here are nice and helpfull.
and thanks for the help on this topic too.

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Learn the hekate way, if you cant boot into sx os you cant restore it using that method.

So you would have to use hekate to restore.

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Learn the hekate way, if you cant boot into sx os you cant restore it using that method.

So you would have to use hekate to restore.
It's not true. The "place" where you make nand backups and restores on sxos is, just like hekate, a pre-boot environment so will definitely work in a brick case so no need to deal with hekate for this. And about other op question: yes, when you backup your nand you are also backing up your emunand as the files of it are stored in the nand. My advice is to always use emunand even in banned environments as it will surely protect you from headaches if something bricks your switch.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've had sxos pro since the beginning 1.2
Make my nand with hekate
Restore 6 times without problem

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, this needed to be said, because this thread turned out to be just another "Wow bob, SX OS is so featureritch and easy" advertorial for the masses, being very enthused buying piracy for 40 bucks. Its basically the "buys pirated copies at car boot sales" crowd by now. Team Executer opened a big world wide car boot sale - you all came. Now you are back to gbatemp to have others tell you what you bought. And to fix it for free. The world is such a wonderful place. TX counting the sweet car boot sale customers money in the meantime, telling their code monkey to go and steel a bit more open source code, while hes at it.

Oh and here gbatemp, have 3k USD TX OS ad money for a contest you are holding. Make sure your forum members support the car boot sale crowd for a little longer. While advertising our product.

Translate: blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

God. Don`t you ever give it a rest with your pompous and "cultured" use of language? I admire your eloquence, but you don`t half go on about nothing...

Everyone knows what SXOS is and what it isn`t.

oblid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yeah! And if your switch is bricked, you just boot into SX OS and restore it! Wait...

Buy a 32GB sdcard (8 usd) format it exfat. Use it for nand backups only. Use hekate. Most easy for backup and restore. And we know you like most easy.

edit: To be actually fair, the SX OS (not an OS, btw - thats just your typical marketing bullsh*t) nand backup should be basically the same. Holding buttons at boot should bring you to a RCM mode piece of software that probably can backup and restore your NAND.

So - you think SX OS is an OS - it isnt.
You think it would be great to restore nand, while the system is running on cfw, using an nro - it wouldnt.
You think SX OS is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper great for copying basic features from free software - what are you doing in this forum then? Go to a SX OS support community. Deal with people just as top level as you, spending 40 USD for a branding excercise, CFW DRM, and stolen software. You feel much better there. People wont tell you, that they dont like supporting you in the least - every step of the way.

What a lot of words and lies.

Reactions: Legend of Gary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1