Hacking Is the G6 Real compatible with Macs?

GizmoDuck

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I really don't have a use for PCs anymore, so I was thinking of turning my Dell into a Hackintosh.

I remember I once plugged my G6 Real to my Macbook, and that resulted in corrupted files and a format of my card. Just wondering if that was just a fluke, and if anyone has got a G6 Real working with a Mac.

starfoxtim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it!

What you need to do is put the G6 Real into the DS, hold down the start button, and then power up the system. Reformat the card. Power the system down and remove the card. Plug it into the Mac. Then, drag the system file onto the card. Drag whatever games you want. Then it works. The menu seems to run really fast for some reason, but it works just fine after that.

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have G6Real and a Mac laptop.
Works just fine. plug and play (but don't forget to 'eject' the G6 before removing it from the USB port)

The reformat thing has happened to me a couple of times.
But as mentioned above, you should reformat on the DS and then drag and drop the SYSTEM folder.
I think it is to do with the poor build quality of the supplied USB adapter - this has been discussed elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.