Mac not detecting RCM loader

Vasant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So I just bought an RCM loader, and the first few times I plugged it into my MacBook, it got detected just fine. But the next time I plugged it in, my Mac stopped recognizing it, and I don't know why that is. I did replace the payload.bin file in the folder titled ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE with a fusee.bin file that I renamed payload.bin. Could that be the reason why my Mac isn't recognizing my RCM loader anymore?
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys. So I just bought an RCM loader, and the first few times I plugged it into my MacBook, it got detected just fine. But the next time I plugged it in, my Mac stopped recognizing it, and I don't know why that is. I did replace the payload.bin file in the folder titled ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE with a fusee.bin file that I renamed payload.bin. Could that be the reason why my Mac isn't recognizing my RCM loader anymore?
I should also mention that the light on it is constantly blue. Not flashing, just constantly blue. Is that a problem?

Last edited by Vasant,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Renaming the playload should be no issue as the contents of the file is just flashed to the rcm loader.
The filename doesn't really matter.

I don't know which rcmloader you have but if you have 2 usb ports, you need to use a cable to the mini usb port.
The USB-C port won't work.
Also on my rcmloader I need to press the button so it goes in update mode.
In my case the light is purple then.

The NS-Atmosphere rcm loader did have some issue if you select the bluetooth connection once, it would ignore the serial connection (which is the one I need).

Reactions: Sam2515

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I should also mention that the light on it is constantly blue. Not flashing, just constantly blue. Is that a problem?

https://web.archive.org/web/20221207204820/https://www.xkit.xyz/rcmloader-troubleshooting/

Reset the device, the original devices have the button there:

1705294154187.png

I have a fake one on which the manufacturer replaced the 90° button for a normal one so I have to open the case to reset the device

1705294269632.png

I ended opening a small hole on the case to be able to press the reset button using a paper clip.
1705294528768.png

P.S. NEVER FORMAT THE DEVICE YOU MAY BRICK IT IF YOU FORMAT IT.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Vasant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renaming the playload should be no issue as the contents of the file is just flashed to the rcm loader.
The filename doesn't really matter.

I don't know which rcmloader you have but if you have 2 usb ports, you need to use a cable to the mini usb port.
The USB-C port won't work.
Also on my rcmloader I need to press the button so it goes in update mode.
In my case the light is purple then.

The NS-Atmosphere rcm loader did have some issue if you select the bluetooth connection once, it would ignore the serial connection (which is the one I need).
Thanks for replying to me, but I'm actually not using an RCM loader anymore, because I found out I don't need it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20221207204820/https://www.xkit.xyz/rcmloader-troubleshooting/

Reset the device, the original devices have the button there:

View attachment 414016

I have a fake one on which the manufacturer replaced the 90° button for a normal one so I have to open the case to reset the device

View attachment 414018

I ended opening a small hole on the case to be able to press the reset button using a paper clip.
View attachment 414019

P.S. NEVER FORMAT THE DEVICE YOU MAY BRICK IT IF YOU FORMAT IT.
Thanks for replying to me, but I'm actually not using an RCM loader anymore, because I found out I don't need it.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto