Gaming Is the DSi XL region locked

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This turkey in this Game Shop told me that the DSi XL is region locked and the DSi is not, this is the first time I heard this, is it true or is he just trying to make a sale

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So...a turkey told you, eh?
rolleyes.gif

So was he trying to sell an original DSi with that comment?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSi enhanced and exclusive games are region locked. Regular DS games are not.

Many DS games came out during this late DS cycles are DSi enhanced games. Sonic Classic Collection, Pokemon B/W, Assassin Creed 2, etc are DSi enhanced.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:

Many DS games came out during this late DS cycles are DSi enhanced games. Sonic Classic Collection, Pokemon B/W, Assassin Creed 2, etc are DSi enhanced.
So If I bought a Japans DSi XL it would play all standard DS games from all over the world but I would have to get Japanese enhanced DS games if I wanted to play them

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RedBaron said:
trumpet-205 said:

So If I bought a Japans DSi XL it would play all standard DS games from all over the world but I would have to get Japanese enhanced DS games if I wanted to play them

That, and all your DSi's menus will be Japanese as well.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
RedBaron said:
trumpet-205 said:

That, and all your DSi's menus will be Japanese as well.
Not a good idea even at $185

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as was pointed out, unlike the original DS and DS Lite systems (which had english, french, spanish, italian, german and japanese), the only language option for a jp DSi is japanese

additionally, all DSiware purchases are locked to the region of the system (so, if you purchase a japanese DSi or DSi XL, you are restricted to purchasing titles from the japanese nintendo store site using japanese Wii/DSi point cards)

Radio-Active

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
trumpet-205 said:

well i have an EU DSi XL, and i can play both sonic classic collection EU and US, this might be because of me having a flashcard, and if this is true you should buy a flashcard and play your DSi enhanced games on that.
and for pokemon B/W, just wait for the US version instead of playing a japanese version which is patched
glare.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Radio-Active said:
well i have an EU DSi XL, and i can play both sonic classic collection EU and US, this might be because of me having a flashcard, and if this is true you should buy a flashcard and play your DSi enhanced games on that.
and for pokemon B/W, just wait for the US version instead of playing a japanese version which is patched
glare.gif

If you play your game through a flashcard it's normal they work whatever the region is, since they run in DS Mode.

But if you buy a retail game DSi enhanced, you wont see it appear in the menu if it's not the correct region (tried with my retail Pokemon Black, on both DSi), It's like there is no card inserted.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
boudincaca said:
Radio-Active said:
glare.gif

If you play your game through a flashcard it's normal they work whatever the region is, since they run in DS Mode.

But if you buy a retail game DSi enhanced, you wont see it appear in the menu if it's not the correct region (tried with my retail Pokemon Black, on both DSi), It's like there is no card inserted.
Ok I think I got it, if I down load a game DSi enhanced un known region from the internet and put it on a flash card it will work, is this correct

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RedBaron said:
boudincaca said:
Radio-Active said:
glare.gif

Ok I think I got it, if I down load a game DSi enhanced un known region from the internet and put it on a flash card it will work, is this correct

yes

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You said you were getting a DSi. You even told yourself "DSi XL will go down in price when 3DS comes out. You even told the other guy in his thread to get a DSi... double standards much?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1