Need help transferring!

Zeqtum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I recently found my DSI and my DSI XL, and wanted to transfer the games I have from them to my 3DS. However, the Nintendo 3DS Transfer Tool is no longer offered on the DSIware Shop. So, I am considering modding my DSI and DSI XL to download the files for the transfer tool onto them and then do the transfer. However, I have zero experience with this and don't even know where I would be able to get the files for the transfer tool. If any one can help it'd be so appreciated. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, we cannot help with getting the transfer tool, due to this site's rules on piracy (even though the tool is free).
Also, the transfer tool will not be able to transfer over the save data to your 3DS.

Your best options would be to dump the DSiWare from your DSi using the GodMode9i application, and then:
  1. Put them onto your 3DS SD card, and launch the DSiWare from there using TWiLight Menu++,
  2. Convert them to CIA files, and install them to your 3DS console using FBI, or
  3. If you don't want to mod your 3DS, and if you have a flashcard, put them onto your flashcard's microSD card, and launch the DSiWare from there using TWiLight Menu++ (installed on your flashcard).
    Due to save formatting differences, your save data will not be transferred over, so either of the first two options are recommended.

Zeqtum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to thank you for your help. However, just in case I called the Nintendo help line and apparently the 3DS Transfer Tool should or is supposed to still be available on the DSiware shop. After calling them they instead had me verify I was the owner of the Dsi (very lenient) then they asked for the serial numbers of the Dsi and 3ds and badda bing badda boom they sent the games I had to my 3ds to redownload. So for anyone reading this in the future this can help you get the software back at the very least.

BlackwingDrago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also did this yesterday, thank you so much for making this post never would have thought to try and call but i did and now i have four swords adventure anniversary on my 3ds.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Zeqtum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I'm glad it helped.

Though now, I'll have to go through the whole process again though. Cause my dyslexic a*s mixed the u and t up in my name. Including on this GBAtemp account. It should be Zequtm not Zeqtum. I hate myself, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto