is that new 2ds xl botom screen cover important ?

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hi all
want to know if the cover on the botom screen for the new 2ds xl is important for the console to run ?
this cover has a connection cable ( 1st image ) that goes to on the motherboard ( 2nd image )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_030232_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_030232_Chrome.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20240103_031025_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_031025_Gallery.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 16

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bottom screen is the touch screen, so I'd imagine it would have a cable for that. What's the story behind this?

Reactions: mitcha

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
The bottom screen is the touch screen, so I'd imagine it would have a cable for that. What's the story behind this?
i buyed a used one, and the plastic cover for the touch screen is not there, so i assembled and nothing happen,
but when assembled there is no cable who goes to the in ( 2nd image ).
so changed another battery, still nothing.

my guess is, when the cover is not there, the 2ds w'ont turn on.

and like you said the bottom screen is the touch one, but this cover also has a cable ! what's his function, idk !

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no "cover" for the bottom screen. There is a "digitizer", which is responsible for registering touch input, and there is the screen itself.

If you are missing a digitizer, or if your digitizer is missing its cable, then yes, that's kind of important.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
My guess it has to do with the touchscreen, probably it is the touch sensor, looks like the zif connector is broken.
yeah its seams like it's broken but i take a closer look at it and it's the same ZIF as the one above the joystick, no pin's nor piece of plastic are missing.
There is no "cover" for the bottom screen. There is a "digitizer", which is responsible for registering touch input, and there is the screen itself.

If you are missing a digitizer, or if your digitizer is missing its cable, then yes, that's kind of important.
was looking for that one, so it's a digitizer.
i guess i have to buy one.

thank's all for clarifying this :)

ps : if the digitizer it not connected, is the 2ds not supose to at least show a orange led when the charger is plug in with a good battery ?

Last edited by mitcha,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah its seams like it's broken but i take a closer look at it and it's the same ZIF as the one above the joystick, no pin's nor piece of plastic are missing.

was looking for that one, so it's a digitizer.
i guess i have to buy one.

thank's all for clarifying this :)

ps : if the digitizer it not connected, is the 2ds not supose to at least show a orange led when the charger is plug in with a good battery ?
Even if the digitizer isn't connected the 3ds should boot, even if it doesn't boot it would still charge the battery so maybe the battery is dead, the only way to know for sure is either use a multimeter or simply buy another one

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Even if the digitizer isn't connected the 3ds should boot, even if it doesn't boot it would still charge the battery so maybe the battery is dead, the only way to know for sure is either use a multimeter or simply buy another one
the battery is clearly dead.
will buy another one.
thanks for the clarifications ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto